[Q] 10j vs 10h?

Search This thread

syphern

Jun 11, 2008
Hey guys so which firmware is better? I have 10j tried ART but it kept freezing at random points in the day so disabled that but is 10h better than 10j?

lossah

Jul 23, 2014
Glad im not alone with the random freeze thing. Never experienced it before v10j. Im using dalvik atm tho with that problem.

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012
I installed 10j here without wiping my 10g. Everything is perfect. In fact I just checked and the phone has been on for 23 hours straight. Perfect in every way. Mine is the 855 16g

outofthisworld

Jun 10, 2010
I installed 10j here without wiping my 10g. Everything is perfect. In fact I just checked and the phone has been on for 23 hours straight. Perfect in every way. Mine is the 855 16g

I did the same, been great for 2 days with no restarts or issues of any kind.

Installed 10j using the LG tool but selected the flash option that doesn't wipe data.

Switched to ART yesterday, think I'll keep it, it is definitely smoother.

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012
I'm happy too with 10j, are you on Dalvik or on ART?

Yeah, I'm on art too. After I left dalvik I couldn't go back. No fc, slow downs. Like I said the phone is now perfect. I guess that guys that are having problems with 10j it is probably due to app incompatibility with art.

ant78

Jul 13, 2008
Manchester
Yeah, I'm on art too. After I left dalvik I couldn't go back. No fc, slow downs. Like I said the phone is now perfect. I guess that guys that are having problems with 10j it is probably due to app incompatibility with art.

So is dalvik still suffering from lag on the 10j firmware? Im using ART on 10a but im missing exposed and was planning on using 10j with dalvik & exposed :good::confused:

Reactions: israelnobrega

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012
So is dalvik still suffering from lag on the 10j firmware? Im using ART on 10a but im missing exposed and was planning on using 10j with dalvik & exposed :good::confused:

I wouldn't say that it suffers from lag. With art apps open faster and the battery is awesome. Smoothness is the same I believe. I choose to live without Xposed for now to have a snappier phone.

israelnobrega

Feb 21, 2011
Fortaleza
ramdom freeze

I can confirm that in ART it freezes too. I've got bootloop on LG logo, only removing the battery worked to me. And on Antutu it reboots one time (on Dalvik)

metku

Feb 18, 2011
May i know how did you guys managed to get versions far ahead then the current one? Or is it because im using the korean version? My version is still F400K10G. Now its J?

MariozPOC

Apr 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Someone from you with 10j or 10h who didnt have problems before do you have problems after this update?

sent via best phone LG G3

I am using 10j installed 2,5 days ago over 10i "dirty" way and I am using ART: very smooth and fantastic battery (much better than 10i).

I never had freezes and/or rebooting with ANY firmware, but 10a/10b or so they were very laggy. Now I have a perfect phone.

To judge about battery you need to have at least 2 full charges (IMHO of course) as during the first use the telephone need to "adjust" itself.

Reactions: android_4life

Kickoff

Jun 1, 2007
Budapest
I am using 10j installed 2,5 days ago over 10i "dirty" way and I am using ART: very smooth and fantastic battery (much better than 10i).

I never had freezes and/or rebooting with ANY firmware, but 10a/10b or so they were very laggy. Now I have a perfect phone.

To judge about battery you need to have at least 2 full charges (IMHO of course) as during the first use the telephone need to "adjust" itself.

same here without art

Jan 4, 2013
I did a clean install of 10J after running on 10G for a while, I think the touch screen is less accurate that it was before, playing "Dont tap the white tile" it seems a lot more hit and miss than before.
Not sure if its a FW issue for sure but I cant think of anything else, might slip back to 10H and test that to see what happens, or just put up with it untill 10K or L or whatever comes next, gotta say I am impressed by LG's speed at kicking out new updates even tho they are essentially very minor upgrades each time and some issues still persist, at least they are trying...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Someone from you with 10j or 10h who didnt have problems before do you have problems after this update?

sent via best phone LG G3

same here without art
    Same here but with ART :)
    I did a clean install of 10J after running on 10G for a while, I think the touch screen is less accurate that it was before, playing "Dont tap the white tile" it seems a lot more hit and miss than before.
    Not sure if its a FW issue for sure but I cant think of anything else, might slip back to 10H and test that to see what happens, or just put up with it untill 10K or L or whatever comes next, gotta say I am impressed by LG's speed at kicking out new updates even tho they are essentially very minor upgrades each time and some issues still persist, at least they are trying...
    There shouldn't have to be so many updates in such a short space of time. It shows that the phone is buggy.
    I had 10j for a week and today I installed 10h. From my tests, both have the same speed. LG launcher has no lag and everything flies.