Can i use this to watch movies on my plasma tv

Search This thread

stan187

Feb 18, 2012
London
The SXL does support MHL. Watch the how to video for HTC Watch. At the end it talks about MHL and clearly shows a white SXL being connected to a HDTV via a MHL adaptor.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

oo is it :O didn't know that...sorry it is my mistake than it's only because when I was reading the reviews about SXL they were saying that the phone doesn't support MHL unlike XE which does have it..... Don't know.....Maybe you are right.... Sorry if I have been wrong :)

jacko5

Aug 25, 2009
Hayle
Thanks for the info guys :D
I am going to buy one and post the results for all to see on here.
Regards Jacko.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
oo is it :O didn't know that...sorry it is my mistake than it's only because when I was reading the reviews about SXL they were saying that the phone doesn't support MHL unlike XE which does have it..... Don't know.....Maybe you are right.... Sorry if I have been wrong :)

The XE has proper HDMI out :p

stan187

Feb 18, 2012
London
AndroHero thanks man I watched that video you were talking about and yes you were right :) it does work the mhl I just ordered one :) thanks man so it is them stupid reviews I use to read before I buy the phone and the people were saying that SXL is not Mhl Enabled :mad: I'm gonna press the thanks button for you :)
cheers mate :)

Reactions: AndroHero

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
AndroHero thanks man I watched that video you were talking about and yes you were right :) it does work the mhl I just ordered one :) thanks man so it is them stupid reviews I use to read before I buy the phone and the people were saying that SXL is not Mhl Enabled :mad: I'm gonna press the thanks button for you :)

Glad i could help :D i also ordered one after seeing that video :D

jacko5

Aug 25, 2009
Hayle
Got mine today.
Can not get it to work :(
I have powered the adapter and plugged the adapter into my phone and a HDMI lead into the adapter and then my Panasonic plasma.
Played a movie through MX player and the inbuilt android palyer and nothing happens on the TV when going to HDMI av input on my tv.
I maybe doing something wrong.
When someone receives their's can they let me know how they set it up and if it works for them.
Thanx :)

Edit
Tried the adapter on my sons HTC Sensation XE and it works perfect.
So it looks like it does not work on the HTC Sensation XL.

Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Got mine today.
Can not get it to work :(
I have powered the adapter and plugged the adapter into my phone and a HDMI lead into the adapter and then my Panasonic plasma.
Played a movie through MX player and the inbuilt android palyer and nothing happens on the TV when going to HDMI av input on my tv.
I maybe doing something wrong.
When someone receives their's can they let me know how they set it up and if it works for them.
Thanx :)

Edit
Tried the adapter on my sons HTC Sensation XE and it works perfect.
So it looks like it does not work on the HTC Sensation XL.

Thats bad news fella. Me and stan bought a MHL adaptor too :( it's weird HTC would make one of there "Show me" videos showing the SXL as compatible when it's not :confused:

stan187

Feb 18, 2012
London
absolutely useless man I had mine today tried everything and it is not working :D hahahah dont know I'm going to keep it anyway may be one day will come out for use :(

Reactions: jacko5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think so :( SXL does not support MHL which is wierd but....

The SXL does support MHL. Watch the how to video for HTC Watch. At the end it talks about MHL and clearly shows a white SXL being connected to a HDTV via a MHL adaptor.

absolutely useless man I had mine today tried everything and it is not working :D hahahah dont know I'm going to keep it anyway may be one day will come out for use :(