ihabsad

Jul 7, 2008
New York
Hello all,
I love big screens because I read a lot on phones,
so I decide to buy either the HTC Titan or the Titan II

my question to whom used both phones for a while
please advise which one should I invest my money in

I don't care a lot about camera or LTE network because I live in Egypt and LTE will be available within more than a year

I care a lot about signal strength and phone stability and long live
and somewhat the good looking and feel in hands
will the Titan I metal body be better than the Titan II plastic body?

I'll be waiting for your comments
and many thanks in advance

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
I have owned a Titan since January and find it to be one of the nicer Windows Phone 7 handsets after owning a few, However after trying a Nokia Lumia Have now ordered a Lumia 900, Screen size is 4.3" compared to 4.7" but has amoled screen and some nice Nokia Apps, Maybe worth considering? Can't comment on the Titan2 as Not available in UK yet but does look abit plasticky.

Reactions: ihabsad

ihabsad

Jul 7, 2008
New York
I have owned a Titan since January and find it to be one of the nicer Windows Phone 7 handsets after owning a few, However after trying a Nokia Lumia Have now ordered a Lumia 900, Screen size is 4.3" compared to 4.7" but has amoled screen and some nice Nokia Apps, Maybe worth considering? Can't comment on the Titan2 as Not available in UK yet but does look abit plasticky.

Thanks for your opinion,
and yes I know that the lumia phones are great, I've checked them at germany my self, they look great
but to be honest with you I prefer SLCD screens over AMOLED screens,
in reading small text AMOLED screens are horrible, but SLCD are great
as I said I read a lot of emails, news, and books on phones

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Hello all,
I love big screens because I read a lot on phones,
so I decide to buy either the HTC Titan or the Titan II

my question to whom used both phones for a while
please advise which one should I invest my money in

I don't care a lot about camera or LTE network because I live in Egypt and LTE will be available within more than a year

I care a lot about signal strength and phone stability and long live
and somewhat the good looking and feel in hands
will the Titan I metal body be better than the Titan II plastic body?

I'll be waiting for your comments
and many thanks in advance

Overall Performance is identical.. imo i like the look of the titan II but not enough to actually replace the reg titan... And the whole non removable battery i dislike... If for example i dropped the phone in water i would go for the battery OH WAIT you can't

stevov

Jan 10, 2010
www.boanergesperformance.com
can't speak on the titan2 but i have had my titan since november and its been rocksolid.its been dropped and accidently flung a few times and no problems.i use a rubber case and screen protector as the environments i work in are harsh. Great phone and excellent operating system. camera is good and the spec stands up to the recently released 900 and titan2 win7.5 phones. if you don't need lte and 16 mb camera then the titan is the one i would choose as they've sorted all the bugs that some of the titans had.

Erik Latranyi

Jun 1, 2006
Williamsport
I had a Titan until I shattered the screen. So, I got a Titan II.

Both are great phones, but you may as well get the Titan II for the extra benefits (camera, LTE, etc). It will not hurt you.

stevov

Jan 10, 2010
www.boanergesperformance.com
it does seem atandt titans had more than their share of problems where as the european unlocked titans have been for the most part very good. a couple issues with the early release pre nov 2011 but from nov on a good phone with regular updates

ihabsad

Jul 7, 2008
New York
Mostly since things are fixed with updates while AT&T sucks at that

it does seem atandt titans had more than their share of problems where as the european unlocked titans have been for the most part very good. a couple issues with the early release pre nov 2011 but from nov on a good phone with regular updates

so you guys confirms that an unlocked version of the Titan I and recent made will be good and mostly bug free
I quess so

but I think the Titan I still a risky choice
but I love its metal body,
oh !!!.... god I'm very confused:confused:

kenshin1

May 29, 2009
Personally like the metal finish on Titan 1. I had mine since January and no complaints. Likely be able to pick it up for cheaper price too since the titan 2 is out. Both are pretty much the same phone with the exception of lte and camera.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

ihabsad

Jul 7, 2008
New York
Personally like the metal finish on Titan 1. I had mine since January and no complaints. Likely be able to pick it up for cheaper price too since the titan 2 is out. Both are pretty much the same phone with the exception of lte and camera.

that is good,
but i don't like htc to attach the antennaes in the backdoor cover
this is mostly the reason that many members complain about poor receiption

may be I'll buy the Titan II with a good rubber cover for it to protect its body

but if any body has more advices I appreciate him/her

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can't speak on the titan2 but i have had my titan since november and its been rocksolid.its been dropped and accidently flung a few times and no problems.i use a rubber case and screen protector as the environments i work in are harsh. Great phone and excellent operating system. camera is good and the spec stands up to the recently released 900 and titan2 win7.5 phones. if you don't need lte and 16 mb camera then the titan is the one i would choose as they've sorted all the bugs that some of the titans had.
    I had a Titan until I shattered the screen. So, I got a Titan II.

Both are great phones, but you may as well get the Titan II for the extra benefits (camera, LTE, etc). It will not hurt you.
    OK, but what about call quality on the Titan I
    and rceiption bugs
    as i said they have sorted the bugs and as far as call quality mine has been excellent from day one.from what i've seen and read most of the problems have been ATandT.