lg g2x custom rom

Search This thread

dman31

Dec 30, 2009
Hi guyz
I'm newbie for custom roms.Actually I have rooted my lg g2x and want to change my original rom with gingerbread 2.3.4 to any stable jelly bean rom .please suggest me which is the best stable rom with jelly bean and with improved performance.Also procedure to install that rom.
youe help is appreciated.

Reactions: hippiesky

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm sorry man but your basically asking me to give you every piece of information necessary in order to flash a custom ROM. All of this information can be found in the stickies of the various G2X forums. It is apparent that you are not quite knowledgeable enough yet for me to suggest that you flash your phone. I suggest reading the stickies and learning everything there is to know about flashing this phone. All of the information is available to you here on this forum. I will however recommend CM7 as it is a stable and newb friendly ROM to start with. I would download the latest weekly at get.cm . As far as flashing methods are concerned you need to use Clockwork Mod Recovery. There are many threads about it and a bundle of information dedicated to CWM Recovery in the stickies of this forum. Please read them.

Eve_brea

May 20, 2012
I'm sorry man but your basically asking me to give you every piece of information necessary in order to flash a custom ROM. All of this information can be found in the stickies of the various G2X forums. It is apparent that you are not quite knowledgeable enough yet for me to suggest that you flash your phone. I suggest reading the stickies and learning everything there is to know about flashing this phone. All of the information is available to you here on this forum. I will however recommend CM7 as it is a stable and newb friendly ROM to start with. I would download the latest weekly at get.cm . As far as flashing methods are concerned you need to use Clockwork Mod Recovery. There are many threads about it and a bundle of information dedicated to CWM Recovery in the stickies of this forum. Please read them.

there's no such thing as stable. You want stable? Stick to 2.3.4.

Eve_brea

May 20, 2012
CM7 is 2.3.4 (or 2.3.3, depending) GB and is absolutely stable. No reason or advantage to staying stock with this device unless blue tooth phone audio is a necessity.

well gee. Why would i want bluetooth phone audio? Maybe so i can use my bluetooth headset for calls and not just music?

if it's missing something or something is broken.. IT IS NOT STABLE.

Reactions: dman31

Freakthis08

May 18, 2012
Minneapolis
well gee. Why would i want bluetooth phone audio? Maybe so i can use my bluetooth headset for calls and not just music?

CM7 is absolutely stable as Pain said, and he is right. If you think CM7 is not stable go look up stable in the dictionary. CM7 is not perfect, but very much stable. I also believe its only a baseband issue where CM7 has the Bluetooth issue (old baseband works fine, new one doesn't).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Latest CM7 is 2.3.7... I'm using the March 2013 version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, Idk why I said that lol, I was thinking about the baseband differences from 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, not the android versions =x

and Eve, it all depends on what you recognize as stable. I don't use nor do I wish to use blue tooth functions for calling purposes. So for me not having that option does not subtract from the "stability" of CM7. I am still able to use bluetooth for media purposes which I rarely do anyway. CM7 offers plenty of customization and options for your phone that you cannot possibly have if it is stock. For a first time user coming from stock software, CM7 will make you feel like you have a brand new device!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, Idk why I said that lol, I was thinking about the baseband differences from 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, not the android versions =x

and Eve, it all depends on what you recognize as stable. I don't use nor do I wish to use blue tooth functions for calling purposes. So for me not having that option does not subtract from the "stability" of CM7. I am still able to use bluetooth for media purposes which I rarely do anyway. CM7 offers plenty of customization and options for your phone that you cannot possibly have if it is stock. For a first time user coming from stock software, CM7 will make you feel like you have a brand new device!

CM7 is absolutely stable as Pain said, and he is right. If you think CM7 is not stable go look up stable in the dictionary. CM7 is not perfect, but very much stable. I also believe its only a baseband issue where CM7 has the Bluetooth issue (old baseband works fine, new one doesn't).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
    Hi guyz
    I'm newbie for custom roms.Actually I have rooted my lg g2x and want to change my original rom with gingerbread 2.3.4 to any stable jelly bean rom .please suggest me which is the best stable rom with jelly bean and with improved performance.Also procedure to install that rom.
    youe help is appreciated.
    CM7 is 2.3.4 (or 2.3.3, depending) GB and is absolutely stable. No reason or advantage to staying stock with this device unless blue tooth phone audio is a necessity.