[DEV] CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta7 [Latest update: 08.04.12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sabsack

May 17, 2008
Yes my data switching to 2g signal indicator and wifi all work, im wondering if its because my baseband is different than yours dany547?

spawk

Jul 10, 2011
Mons,Bergen
good and faste but Angry bird space don't work and other app nor work ICS seting apps crash and not working camera not work etc etc thanks for job guys

Harp_River

Dec 7, 2011
Caracas
ciphernity.comoj.com
Thank you very Much for this update. I almost loved it xD I still cannot use it because the data network doesn't work (although the wifi works fine!). And when I want to go inside the "APN" network, it gives me a force close. The 3g network is essential to me xD it's what I use most and I don't want to use 2g network (it's too slow compared to 3g).

Nevertheless, this is a great work. Awesome!

pfeeoq

Jan 4, 2012
Abrud
After camera will be fixed this rom will be ready for daily use

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Lion_Heart9x

Nov 8, 2011
Hanoi
Don't know why but except for Facebook accounts, all accounts seems to sync very well (last.fm, Google, Yahoo!,...)
Music stutters when played, and it slowed the phone a lot.

Last edited:
M

Macław

I'm inviting everyone, who is interested in development, to join us on our ICS channel now (#GalaxyICS on freenode).

LeQuazz

Feb 13, 2012
Wifi kind of works, but there seems to be connectivity issues, the speed is considerably slower and the connection more unstable than usual.

AlkaDragos

Sep 20, 2011
[RO]
Hey! Nice release...playing with it since it was out. Well, most of the glitches are posted here, but some are really annoying, like call screen sliders, almost unseen, voice echo in conversation for the one with who you talk, some FC's and the circle on the statusbar that should be in the middle(i know someone posted the fix here, but i can't remember. And not with lcd density hack). Else it's working fine. Some custom launcher and ONDEMANDX CPU profile it flies(i think smartassv2 will do a good job too). Keep up the good work :p

mr.faridcom

Feb 20, 2012
After flashing, deep sleep works perfectly (gov: ondemandx, Max:806), and now works only in airplane mod. Any one can help? :confused:

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Closed since there is no development discussion.

@Maclaw, when you have a comment/reply/update, just pm me and I will reopen the thread for you or any member of your team.

Until Then, Thread Closed.

Edit: reopened per OP request.
    Guys, I know you are excited, but cmon, 50 useless posts?
    You want to say thanks, click the thanks button
    You want to contribute, sources are up
    You want to support donate to the OP
    But under no circumstance spam a development thread with unuseful posts!!!, that will only slow down development. Let developers do their job ok?

Thread cleaned!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Maclaw,

I'm not sure of your current status on the camera, but I have a suggestion just in case it can help you.

If you can manage to compile a working libcamera on CM7.2, then you can use it in conjunction with the camerahal (closer to rapmv78's generic version, not the version you're modifying to support Samsung's API). This is what I have done for my ICS port on the galaxy5. See: https://github.com/psyke83/android_device_samsung_galaxy5/tree/ics/libcamera

Camera & barcode scanning is working on my port, and video recording will record, but the resulting video file will be corrupted (may be due to missing OMX codecs).

I am aware that no other Samsung msm7x27 port uses libcamera built from source for CM7.2, but the problem may be due to an incompatibility in the proprietary liboemcamera.so from Gingerbread ROMs. Perhaps if you try a Froyo version of this library for your device, you can get the open libcamera (and therefore, the cameraHal) working.

• [*INSTRUCTIONS:-(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED)
    • FIRST DOWNLOAD CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta7 ZIP AND GAPPS.
    • Place the zip files into your Sdcard.
    • Reboot your phone into CWM(clock work recovery mode)PRESS POWER BUTTON+MENU BUTTON
    • Wipe your cashe,data,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats.
    • Now go to install zip from sd-choose zip from Sdcard-then select the zip file(CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta7)] which you placed it in the sdcard.
    • It takes hardly 4 to 5 mins. now wipe cashe and data.
    • Now Flash the gapps zip .
    • Restart your phone.
    • Note:-First boot takes much time (after installation)
    First of all.... Thanks Maclaw for considering our galaxy mini too. :)

I can understand all you want to say thanks but, that will make this thread look buggy and spam the thread and thus, make it less useful. So, why not just press the thanks button.

Moreover, YOU can ask your general questions at this thread :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539729