[RESEARCH] Fix cpu cap problem on TouchWiz Rom

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Hello guys,
after a lot of test and research with my friend @ktoonsez finally i want ask to all community help us to fix a problem of touchwiz rom.
This thread is also to try to understand who have this problem as me.

First of all the scenario:
- i9505
- KK touchwiz rom (not important the base, i have tried omega, wanamlite,goldeneye, pure stock)
- Stock or custom kernel, is not important since this problem happens also on completely stock rom and kernel

The problem
After heavy playing games for 5/10 minutes the performance became very very low! Game starts to lag a lot and in few minutes became not really playable! The phone is quite hot in the upper part but not really really hot! Exiting game can fix the problem but not always. Only a complete reboot can fix completely the problem!
So i have decide to investigate and i have installed app like KtMonitor (included in kt kernel) or perfmon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933284) and i have noticed a very strange think!!!

• When game start for the first time the cpu speed is max at 1890mhz
  • After a while the cpu goes to 1458mhz and stays at this freq for a while
  • After some minutes it scales down to 1242, then to 1134, then to 1026 then to 918 mhz!!!
  • *When 1134 mhz is reached gpu goes down to 304 mhz and when cpu is at 1026 freq the gpu is at 128/200

In this way the game is not playable anymore!
The only way to see again values upper 1242/1458 is to reboot or wait a long time (and this suggest me a thermal problem)

How reproduce the problem to see if i'm the only one or not!

When u report your situation please report also your:
  • Rom (version also)
  • Kernel (version also)
  • Kernel settings (if available)
  • Bootlaoder version
  • Particular apps installed
  • Particular mod flashed

Thanks to all people who want's help me and the community to make these tests and try to find and fix the problem! If we wait for sammy fix...we can die before :)

Thanks to all!!

sergio114

Jul 11, 2013
Hi

On 4.2.2 MGA roms the Cpu Min 1222 Mhz and Gpu 450mhz,thermal only underclocking Cpu But On 4.4.2 Game lagging and GPU Underclock at 200Mhz xD playing Games 5 Minutes.

App Cpu Overlay Real GPu and Cpu monitor :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jseymxs5o7g0fg3/CPU_Overlay.1.0.apk

Rom :Wanamlite 2.4 and Stock NBE
Kernel:Adam 2.1
Bootloader:eek:ld
Particular apps:Xposed,Wanam Xposed,Xprivacy.
Particular mod:Quicksetting s5 Vrtheme

Thanks for advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattiadj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,
    after a lot of test and research with my friend @ktoonsez finally i want ask to all community help us to fix a problem of touchwiz rom.
    This thread is also to try to understand who have this problem as me.

First of all the scenario:
    - i9505
    - KK touchwiz rom (not important the base, i have tried omega, wanamlite,goldeneye, pure stock)
    - Stock or custom kernel, is not important since this problem happens also on completely stock rom and kernel

The problem
    After heavy playing games for 5/10 minutes the performance became very very low! Game starts to lag a lot and in few minutes became not really playable! The phone is quite hot in the upper part but not really really hot! Exiting game can fix the problem but not always. Only a complete reboot can fix completely the problem!
    So i have decide to investigate and i have installed app like KtMonitor (included in kt kernel) or perfmon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933284) and i have noticed a very strange think!!!

• When game start for the first time the cpu speed is max at 1890mhz
    • After a while the cpu goes to 1458mhz and stays at this freq for a while
    • After some minutes it scales down to 1242, then to 1134, then to 1026 then to 918 mhz!!!
    • *When 1134 mhz is reached gpu goes down to 304 mhz and when cpu is at 1026 freq the gpu is at 128/200

In this way the game is not playable anymore!
    The only way to see again values upper 1242/1458 is to reboot or wait a long time (and this suggest me a thermal problem)

How reproduce the problem to see if i'm the only one or not!

When u report your situation please report also your:
    • Rom (version also)
    • Kernel (version also)
    • Kernel settings (if available)
    • Bootlaoder version
    • Particular apps installed
    • Particular mod flashed

Thanks to all people who want's help me and the community to make these tests and try to find and fix the problem! If we wait for sammy fix...we can die before :)

Thanks to all!!
    Hi

On 4.2.2 MGA roms the Cpu Min 1222 Mhz and Gpu 450mhz,thermal only underclocking Cpu But On 4.4.2 Game lagging and GPU Underclock at 200Mhz xD playing Games 5 Minutes.

App Cpu Overlay Real GPu and Cpu monitor :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jseymxs5o7g0fg3/CPU_Overlay.1.0.apk

Rom :Wanamlite 2.4 and Stock NBE
    Kernel:Adam 2.1
    Bootloader:eek:ld
    Particular apps:Xposed,Wanam Xposed,Xprivacy.
    Particular mod:Quicksetting s5 Vrtheme

Thanks for advance.