[ROM] AOSP-Flavored Nonsense v2 - [3/27]

Search This thread

Zenak

Jun 19, 2007
I got a bunch of FCs last night as well. Installed and wiped twice, no luck. I am going to try again today though, I really want to get back to plain vanilla and this looked awesome aside from the FCs :)

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
I would be all over this Rom if it had the vanilla taskbar and icons. :) great job tho. Looking forward to future versions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dlongb13

Dec 30, 2009
JT, one thing I have noticed: Im not sure its b/c you took out sense mms, but if you go into "People" and select a contact, then go to text message them, it doesn't carry that contacts number over to the message, so your left with a blank where it says "to".

760hacker

Nov 15, 2007
NOVA
I'm getting a force close every 2-3 mins.
"com.htc.bgp" it goes away when I turn off all location services. Any fix for this? Other than that. Loving the Rom!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Use root manager and delete Htclocationservices.apk from System/app that will get rid of the FC. You won't need this apk if you have removed sense which is what has been done here. OP correct me if you feel there are other dependencies on this .apk. I have removed it from many roms with no ill affect.

Also if you don't have root explorer you can do this via adb.

adb reboot recovery

adb shell ls -1 /system/app/ (this will give you a list of apps you have in this directory so you can determine the EXACT spelling of the app you want to remove)

One you see the one you want do this next step, the names are caps-sensitive so keep that in mind if its not working for you!

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/YourApplicationHere.apk
adb reboot

Done!

Last edited:

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Use root manager and delete Htclocationservices.apk from System/app that will get rid of the FC. You won't need this apk if you have removed sense which is what has been done here. OP correct me if you feel there are other dependencies on this .apk. I have removed it from many roms with no ill affect.

Thanks for the tip! I have not experienced any fc's personally, so I can't test it unfortunately. If someone could please try this suggestion and report back it would be appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Unheard

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the tip! I have not experienced any fc's personally, so I can't test it unfortunately. If someone could please try this suggestion and report back it would be appreciated.

Testing this atm. So far, loving the rom. Can't wait until we have source and get an actual AOSP.

scottricketts

May 21, 2010
Just flashed and so far, this ROM is smoking fast. Very much enjoying getting back to the stock apps as much as possible as opposed to the HTC apps.

dlongb13

Dec 30, 2009
Another Issue Im having is the "Connect to PC" app that pops up when you connect to computer via USB is no longer popping up.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:

mypantsaretorn

Oct 7, 2006
How do you turn off notifications for the htc sms app? I cant seem to find the app anywhere. When i click on the notification, the only apps it gives me options to open are handcent and aosp mms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a ROM I cooked up for personal use until further AOSP progress has been made. It's very similar to the "SuperClean" ROMs I used to distribute for the Fascinate.

Nearly all Sense elements have been removed (Rosie, ALL widgets are gone, etc), leaving only the Phone/Contacts/Cam/FlashLight Sense applications. They have been replaced with AOSP versions, some borrowed from CM, some straight AOSP builds with a few of my own slight modifications. All apks/jars have been deodexed and zipaligned for anyone wanting to theme them. I have not touched any framework images, have only changed out a few images for some of the AOSP apps so that they mesh better with the Sense theme. All Google apps have been updated to the latest versions.

* AOSP apps *
    Calculator
    Calendar
    DeskClock
    Gallery3D - CodeAuroraForum
    Launcher2 - GB version, modified to allow app uninstall from long-hold over trash can
    Mms - CM
    Music - CM

* Additional apps *
    Car Home - Google
    FileManager - CM
    FlashPlayer 10.2
    GenieWidget - Google
    GoogleVoice

* Other stuffs *
    includes Adrynalyne's modified boot.img allowing perma-root on adb
    AOSP LockScreen
    busybox
    working su/Superuser
    rw/ro scripts (simply type rw to make /system writable, ro to set back to read-only)
    Thunder startup sound removed

*** V2 - 3/27 ***
    fixed sync-related FC issues - thanks 760hacker!
    fixed Calendar (removed the big Android wtf?)
    added bash / terminfo
    remove HTC SetupWizard and replaced with Google version, allowing removal of Backup Assistant
    added Market versions of Twitter / Facebook
    removed broken Dock Settings option from DeskClock
    removed lots more unneeded files
    *** You MUST wipe data when flashing this ROM!! Please don't post of any issues if you do not do so!! ***
    *** You will NOT go into the SetupWizard automatically any more. Open Gmail or the Market to launch the SetupWizard ***

Since so many apps have been changed/removed, it would be a good idea to wipe data before flashing. MAKE A BACKUP! YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR YOUR DEVICE!

I have not yet encoutered any bugs, but things have not been robustly tested. Please let me know if you find any. Enjoy :)

* v1 ROM *
    http://www.mediafire.com/?v1ge9qtoct23qbu

* v2 ROM *
    http://www.mediafire.com/?weiolo8sfiyw2i1
    A future reference is that do not use ROMs from Authors that do not update or respond to threads. It can be a foreshadow for other ROMs they will release. Heck, I even posted in one of his other active ROMs...

Don't be an ass...

Guess you aren't aware of recent Hell on earth in Alabama. Jt1134 is a standup guy.

Rom updates are not his priority right now, and rightfully so.

Updated OP with v2. Fixed some bugs, nuked some crap
    Where can I find the apk for the AOSP lockscreen? I have a friend who wants to push only the lockscreen for now. TIA

There isn't an apk for aosp lockscreen. Have your friend rename HtcLockScreen.apk to HtcLockScreen.bak and reboot. He/she will have the AOSP lock screen instead of sense.