[Q] DNA getting slow, school me please!

Search This thread

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
I've rooted a few of my previous phones, but my DNA is getting slow on me.

Have had the DNA since it came out, but never got around to fixing it up. I'm really out of the loop, so I need to be schooled again.

I want the speed back in my DNA, what's the best method? Thanks!

*Originally posted this to a different forum when I was reminded of these forums, so to be hasty I just copy pasted my question. Hope to get some feedback while I'm browsing through these forums to try and find my answer.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Are you on the newest update? Are you unlocked? The best way is to either flash a custom ROM and kernel or just flash a custom kernel on your stock ROM.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
I've rooted a few of my previous phones, but my DNA is getting slow on me.

Have had the DNA since it came out, but never got around to fixing it up. I'm really out of the loop, so I need to be schooled again.

I want the speed back in my DNA, what's the best method? Thanks!

*Originally posted this to a different forum when I was reminded of these forums, so to be hasty I just copy pasted my question. Hope to get some feedback while I'm browsing through these forums to try and find my answer.

Check your software version, if you have 3.06.605.4 you will need to head over to Rumrunner.us and follow their procedures and it will fully unlock/s-off your device for you and you will be able to flash w/e you want.

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
can ligndul

Check your software version, if you have 3.06.605.4 you will need to head over to Rumrunner.us and follow their procedures and it will fully unlock/s-off your device for you and you will be able to flash w/e you want.

My software is version 3.06.605.4-2.08.605.1...which is the same to a point, so I'm not sure. This the same one you're talking about?

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
To s-off you need to use the rum runner exploit
Head to rumrunner.us download the exploit for the dna and follow the simple instructions.

From there you will be unlocked and s-off so you can flash a recovery and flash a custom rom to speed up your phone again.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
To s-off you need to use the rum runner exploit
Head to rumrunner.us download the exploit for the dna and follow the simple instructions.

From there you will be unlocked and s-off so you can flash a recovery and flash a custom rom to speed up your phone again.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Will do, thanks everyone for the help! I guess now the problem will be finding the rom I like in the ocean of them, heh.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Go with viper or cm.. although that's all I've ever used.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Long time viper user here. I suggest doing viper as it is close to stock but has the tons of tweaks you would want to make it how you want. I am currently running the blackout GPE ROM to see if I like it, but always will have a nand of Viper as it runs best on this phone.

Sent from my DNA using my mind.