Mount external1 as sdcard

Search This thread

hfase

Jan 11, 2013
hfase.com
Just thought I would share, I use these commands in a script to mount my external 32gb sdcard as /sdcard/.
Would be better if i could figure out how to get it to work as init.d however the external drive is mounted dead last in the boot order... Currently (without some init.d vodo) this needs to be manually "hot swaped" after boot.

umount /mnt/sdcard

mount -t vfat -o rw,umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:97 /mnt/sdcard

Note the numbers.. I learned these on another thread here but those numbers had to be changed for this phone.
More info on how to use these and the source for the original code here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786014&page=2

scaled_full_4011d270e3c334070afb.png

Sent from my XT897 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: tetrabyt

manudo

May 12, 2013
Alajuela
This can damage all the internal storage?
I think about trying to mount ext to sdcard to flash something in recovery, because I need the sdcard but it can't be mounted by itself.

J

jhgfjhgf1

Is there a permanent solution to this? All other methods don't work on Android 4.4 :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just thought I would share, I use these commands in a script to mount my external 32gb sdcard as /sdcard/.
    Would be better if i could figure out how to get it to work as init.d however the external drive is mounted dead last in the boot order... Currently (without some init.d vodo) this needs to be manually "hot swaped" after boot.

umount /mnt/sdcard

mount -t vfat -o rw,umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:97 /mnt/sdcard

Note the numbers.. I learned these on another thread here but those numbers had to be changed for this phone.
    More info on how to use these and the source for the original code here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786014&page=2

scaled_full_4011d270e3c334070afb.png

Sent from my XT897 using xda premium