[Q] How's Nexus 5 overall ?

Search This thread

Chileno4Live

Mar 15, 2011
Almere
If people ever tell you that the battery life sucks, it doesn't. This phone has some amazing standby time and around 4 hours of screen-on time. My note 2, had bad standby time and around 5 hours screen-on time and that phone has 3100 mAh battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

adio01

Mar 20, 2011
Minneapolis
The signal on the Nexus 5 is far better than my Galaxy Nexus. I get LTE (Sprint) in areas I didn't get it before and in areas I had LTE before I have a faster connection. Compared side by side, the Gnex signal is 10db lower than the Nexus 5.

Coming from the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 5 is a huge improvement in all areas. Faster overall, better battery life, better signal.

I can confirm on Sprint the N5 pulls better reception and data speeds. Source - My brother and cousin have Sprint HTC One's, uncle has an iPhone5, aunt has a iPhone4, other cousin has a HTC 8X? windows phone. :good:

Uhh can't complain at all about mine except for the BSOD... Waiting on a RMA.

Oh also this is considering the Sprint LTE towers around you are compatible with the phone. Service is all around better though.

Last edited:

myorks1127

Feb 3, 2011
Phone is AMAZING, had it since a week after it launched and love it so much more than my old N4. Battery life is excellent for a user that doesn't live on their phone all day.

dicecuber

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver
Unlocked from Google play store

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

If u want to trade pm me. 32gb white here

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

maxtcee

Jan 25, 2009
South Jerz
Unlocked from Google play store

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

If u want to trade pm me. 32gb white heee

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's why signal sucks
In my experience anytime you use unlocked phones you don't get accurate signal from u.s carriers
I would have traded but I don't want unlocked

xybur

Jul 30, 2010
Augusta
Hello
I'd like to ask how is Nexus 5 overall ?
Are you people satisfied ?
Is the battery too bad ?
GPS is fast ?
Internet draining battery ? Or it is OK ?
Am thinking of buying it but not sure , any advice ll'be thankful

Thank you

Good. Yes. Mine is acceptable. Mine always locks on in seconds. Not sure what you mean by that. You should buy one, its good

I'm on Att in the state of Georgia in the u.s. LTE signal, fast speeds. Very snappy phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Ethos-Evoss

Dec 9, 2013
Good. Yes. Mine is acceptable. Mine always locks on in seconds. Not sure what you mean by that. You should buy one, its good

I'm on Att in the state of Georgia in the u.s. LTE signal, fast speeds. Very snappy phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

why only contacting me people from USA ??!??
Am based in birmingham UK i need people form england to talk !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had a large range of premium phones before the N5, and this is my favourite phone so far.

Fast interface, excellent design, and very quick to use. overall it's cheap and extremely good.

The Battery is very good in 4.4.1 and the camera is just as good as the S4 I once had. It won't beat my Lumia 1020 but what can?
    Overall N5 is fantastic...and for the price u cnt ask for bettr...atleast m satisfied..screen is good, gps works very well got the gps locked in couple of seconds, super fast...camera loads a bit slow but heard that it got fixed in 4.4.1 update...still didnt get the OTA so cnt tell..
    Battery is not that bad....if u r a heavy gamer u ll a bit disappointed..
    Previously i hated the pure android look...but after kitkat i m loving the clean look.!!

Overall N5 is fantastic...and for the price u cnt ask for bettr...atleast m satisfied..screen is good, gps works very well got the gps locked in couple of seconds, super fast...camera loads a bit slow but heard that it got fixed in 4.4.1 update...still didnt get the OTA so cnt tell..
    Battery is not that bad....if u r a heavy gamer u ll a bit disappointed..
    Previously i hated the pure android look...but after kitkat i m loving the clean look.!!

Thnx so much ..
    I am concern about battery .. but ish .. GPS and internet draining too much tho..
    I am not gamer at all.. hate it .. I am considering G2 or this .. but nexus 5 is cheaper..
    Thnx so much ..
    I am concern about battery .. but ish .. GPS and internet draining too much tho..
    I am not gamer at all.. hate it .. I am considering G2 or this .. but nexus 5 is cheaper..

Personally i owned the lg optimus black previously and was bored of the optimus ui...evn g2 has the same ui with minor changes here and there plus full of bloatwares plus no assuarity of gettin updates plus the glossy plastic makes it look cheaper than N5 but in real lyf is expensive than the N5.
    People gettin the g2 is only bcoz of larger battery who need 6+ hours of SOT...if u r not a gamer then the N5 battery ll b enuf to last the whole day..

Guys i have purchased g2 yeaah