Using Citrix Receiver on Note 10.1

Search This thread

scrabbles

Dec 18, 2013
Hi -

Does anyone use the Citrix Receiver app on their Note 10.1? I have to use it for work, and I was wondering if people were successful in using the S-pen to edit documents, etc. It seems like the S-pen is great for the native Samsung apps, but using it as an input method, especially in citrix where the keyboard takes up half the screen, making it really hard to scroll and such.

Thanks!

allan1313

Jan 12, 2011
I use citrix receiver on my note 10.1, but have never really tried to use the spen with it because my work applications don't call for it. My work is just mainly typing and clicking.

But it does work well.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

scrabbles

Dec 18, 2013
I use citrix receiver on my note 10.1, but have never really tried to use the spen with it because my work applications don't call for it. My work is just mainly typing and clicking.

But it does work well.

Thanks for the reply. Do you run it with the native resolution, or do you have it set to some sort of magnification? Right now my screen is so tiny that it is hard to select things, such as to manipulate the cursor to select an email, etc., even if I am using the stylus. I tried changing the magnification settings in the Citrix Receiver app, but it doesn't seem to change anything when I connect to my remote desktop - everything is the teeny tiny size.

Also, how do you emulate the "shift" button to select more than one thing (e.g., deleting multiple items in outlook)?

allan1313

Jan 12, 2011
I use the native resolution. I just pinch to zoom. I don't know how yours is set up, but mine has "apps" for the different programs I need to get into and the size can vary in the apps but I can just zoom in. I don't use it for outlook since my job also gives me a blackberry. Yes a blackberry lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scrabbles

Dec 18, 2013
I use the native resolution. I just pinch to zoom. I don't know how yours is set up, but mine has "apps" for the different programs I need to get into and the size can vary in the apps but I can just zoom in. I don't use it for outlook since my job also gives me a blackberry. Yes a blackberry lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Don't knock the blackberry! I have a blackberry for work too (opted for the new Q10 over the iphone 5, insane, right? But I need that physical keyboard to deal with the volume of emails I have)

So when I log in using the Citrix receiver application, the "app" IS my desktop - there are no separate apps available for Word, Outlook, etc. Maybe that's the difference. I did change my setting to "optimize for high resolution" but all that does is give me a giant version of my desktop that I have to scroll around with my fingers.

allan1313

Jan 12, 2011
Haha I just can't deal with blackberry. At this point in life I am just as fast with onscreen keyboard as the physical blackberry keyboard. We had the opportunity to get some S3's, but my boss opted for blackberry because he is an ios fanboy.

Back on topic, yeah mine seems to be set up a bit different with separate apps for the different programs we use.

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
I use Citrix for work. I have the screen set to static so the mouse point moves with my finger and then tap to click. This way I can pan the screen. As for the stylus, I use it sparingly. Mainly if I want to you the pen for touch instead of my finger, then I disable the onscreen mouse.

auglove3rd

Jul 27, 2012
Are you using Xenapp or a web interface? I can log in, but I can't open any apps. The blue progress bar runs across the top, but nothing else. Wondering if it's A Note 10.1 2014 issue.

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Are you using Xenapp or a web interface? I can log in, but I can't open any apps. The blue progress bar runs across the top, but nothing else. Wondering if it's A Note 10.1 2014 issue.

I use Xenapps. There used to be a beta version of receiver available to try. You might want to give that a whirl.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk