[Q] Device will NOT connect to 3G/4G service

Search This thread

KingRuss84

Feb 2, 2014
I purchased the device 2nd hand and the device was already rooted. It is running a Cymogen (sp) o.s.
The device does not, and will not, connect to any data service beyond Edge (2G). I have tried unrooting and rerooting the device with no luck. I have swapped the SIM cards, yet when I place the SIM into any other device it connects to the service without a problem. I don't know what else to try or is this a clear sign that the 4G antenna is damage? Please help!!!

N

Nardholio

I purchased the device 2nd hand and the device was already rooted. It is running a Cymogen (sp) o.s.
The device does not, and will not, connect to any data service beyond Edge (2G). I have tried unrooting and rerooting the device with no luck. I have swapped the SIM cards, yet when I place the SIM into any other device it connects to the service without a problem. I don't know what else to try or is this a clear sign that the 4G antenna is damage? Please help!!!

Can you give us a little more information? What version of Cyanogenmod are you running? (You can check this by going into settings, about phone. In fact, a screenshot of this would be helpful) What country are you in, what is your carrier?

KingRuss84

Feb 2, 2014
Can you give us a little more information? What version of Cyanogenmod are you running? (You can check this by going into settings, about phone. In fact, a screenshot of this would be helpful) What country are you in, what is your carrier?

Im using 10.1 cyanogenmod im in the USA MD to be exact and I have T-Mobile... it appears to simply be the phone. again when i take the sim and place it in another device the 4g service works perfectly its just this device will not connect and suggestions?

N

Nardholio

upgrade to cm 11? :p

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk