Ubutnu Touch on P3100

Search This thread

romedian

Jan 9, 2014
I have installed cm11 on my tab will those files work on this rom? Please tell me really interested to try Ubuntu!!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

osamamattar

Nov 9, 2011
I flash it on 4.1.2 stock and its working but this rom only to try it many things not working or not found

أرسلت من GT-P3100 بإستخدام تاباتلك

5h1v4u

Dec 19, 2012
Hyderabad
I have installed cm11 on my tab will those files work on this rom? Please tell me really interested to try Ubuntu!!

Haven't tried on cm11 yet.. Either ways you will not have much to do with it until someone work on it

I flash it on 4.1.2 stock and its working but this rom only to try it many things not working or not found

True...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

osamamattar

Nov 9, 2011
Yes i dont lie

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

U cant get to the desktop only with guest acount

pccc12

Jan 28, 2014
I would like to know the password to access the account over to the guest

I would like to know the password to access the account over to the guest

and if you release the files specific to touch ubuntu 1.0

L-shen

Dec 14, 2012
Baku
i flash ubuntu touch and ihave 2 problem 1.many users have my tablet and i dont know

i flash ubuntu touch and i have 2 problem
1.many users have my tablet and i dont know their passwords
2. phone is not working. i can not call any number
help please

Last edited:

osamamattar

Nov 9, 2011
guys Ubuntu is not to use it as your daily room its only to try it when it become stable u chose to use it or not

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Wolf783

Mar 8, 2014
Device Specifics for P5100

Hi. I was wondering if you know where I could get the divice specifics for the galaxy tab 2 P5100. I believe I am correct in saying that the file you shared will not work on my device. I have been searching on google but I cannot find anything on there. Please. I really want to run ubuntu on my tab. But after I installed everything like you said (except for the device specifics my tablet just freezes at the galaxy tab logo.

fooiskandar

May 21, 2013
Kuningan
www.taktiktuk.ga
Cellular radio still not work ... :(
taru9eru.jpg

Neo1990

May 1, 2014
Ubuntu Touch Blank Screen problem on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0(GT-P3100)

I'm having my Galaxy tab 2 7.0 which has custom rom installed (CynogenMod Version 10.1.0-p3100). I have gone through this installation guides.

I have also downloaded saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip and edited-device-specific-part.zip. At the time of installation, I haven't got any error but after installation I'm even not able to see the ubuntu boot screen, Im just getting blank screen.

I have seen some older articles which says to wait for some time for the stable support of the ubuntu touch for my device but I think this version of ubuntu has stable support for P3100 then still why I'm getting same error.

5h1v4u

Dec 19, 2012
Hyderabad
I'm having my Galaxy tab 2 7.0 which has custom rom installed (CynogenMod Version 10.1.0-p3100). I have gone through this installation guides.

I have also downloaded saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip and edited-device-specific-part.zip. At the time of installation, I haven't got any error but after installation I'm even not able to see the ubuntu boot screen, Im just getting blank screen.

I have seen some older articles which says to wait for some time for the stable support of the ubuntu touch for my device but I think this version of ubuntu has stable support for P3100 then still why I'm getting same error.

No supported device specific part for saucy builds.. Use the edit 4 build and read through the forums to understand where the Ubuntu for p3100 stands

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Free mobile app

thatguruguy

Jul 19, 2011
Hope springs eternal

Now that there's a new posting guide out, I'm going to take another crack at this. It's going to take me a couple weeks to get time to do it, so if anyone else wants to take a shot at it, don't let me stop you.

Phyo Thiha

Apr 8, 2015
I can't download file that you host on Google Drive. Please look my screen shot. Sorry for my bad English. :(

Attachments

• Selection_003.png
    Selection_003.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 190

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OSo for those who wanted to test the Ubuntu Touch on those Galaxy Tab2 (P3100), here I give you the complete instructions.

As we're here discussing about Ubuntu, I am giving any pre requirements but will let you know what you need.
    - Rooted and CWM (latest version) Installed Galaxy Tab 2 (P3100)
    - Should be running on CM10.1 Nightly ROM
    - Some concentration and some luck

Note : The credit goes to @thatguruguy and @Menelkir @ketut.kumajaya for those work towards getting you and me the Ubuntu version for tab2 so thank them.

If you are yet to root and install cwm, go online and find out about how to do it.

I nor anyone above are responsible for any damage caused to your device directly or indirectly.

1. Download the device specific part for p3100 (that I've edited) from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZauHCT1LSwOTBKMW0wRkR2VDg/edit?usp=sharing
    2. Download the latest Ubuntu nightly raring or quantal from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch-preview/daily-preinstalled/current/
    3. Place both of these files to your external SD card (it's better to use external card instead of internal memory).
    4. Backup your current Android to make sure you can come back at a later time. Use the CWM or the Rom Manager to backup the date. Keep the backup of data on external SD card and copy that to your computer for safety.
    5. Reboot your P3100 into Recovery and do
    - Data Wipe/Factory Reset
    - Wipe the dalvik cache
    - Format /System (this one is important)
    6. Install quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip or raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip (anyone of the file).
    7. Install the device specif part that I've posted above.
    8. Reboot System now and Enjoy the Ubunu

There is nothing much that you can do with the developer preview. So checkout how it is and feel happy that you could have a Ubuntu OS on your tab in future.

Cheers again to @Menelkir and @ketut.kumajaya and @thatguruguy for the device specific builds and the instructions.

Edit:
    I was told the Ubuntu can be installed also on the devices that has CM10.1 kernel and doesn't have to have complete os installed. So give it try and let us know.

Edit2:
    I have made a video about getting the Ubuntu on your tab. This should help those that are having problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQH2rlEgnJE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit3:
    We're having a problem with porting ubuntu with the latest builds.the device specific part seems to be changed/modified.. our great devs are already working on it. If you still want to get a hands-on, try using the old version of ubuntu file.you will have to get into the parent directory to go back. I've tested the May 24th file and it was working. I will find a way to upload that build

Edit4: sorry it took a little long but here is the Ubuntu daily build of 24th may which was working with current build.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZauHCT1LSwaFc3aV9IcGNYWnc/edit?usp=docslist_api
    Any update on the status for the new build that supports saucy? @ketut.kumajaya @thatguruguy @Menelkir
    All of us are dying to see the saucy build and it's capabilities..

Thanks in advance..

A quick update. The Ubuntu Touch devs are completely changing the way that Ubuntu Touch runs on phones and tablets. Rather than running as a chrooted service within CyanagenMod, Ubuntu will boot first and run the necessary Android bits within an LXC container. They are supposed to be posting a new porting guide within a week or so. When that happens, I'll do a new build and announce it here.
    I'm uploading 20130510 daily image of ubuntu touch. That's the last image worked for me with the specific part for p3100.
    I will share the link once it finishes.

Rgrds.

EDIT:
    Canonical is using ubuntu touch as daily driver for his staff (dogfooding).

But they are working on nexus family, so devs here in xda have to port ubuntu to devices as p3100.

Now calls, 3G data, sms, and core apps are working. Some new apps are being added everyday.

The current state is that ubuntu devs are changing the way the OS runs in android based devices, trying to be independent of android part. This is why xda devs can't run ubuntu now in p31xx, until canonical publish a new porting guide, or they discover the key by themselves.

I've seen few videos of new ubuntu saucy builds.. they seem to have got the gsm network and service provider internet working.. just waiting for our devs to work on the device specific build.. thumbs up to our devs..