Search This thread

evo4ger

Sep 16, 2010
is this eventually going to be themed with the MIUI orange color? i dont like the light blue color

i had issues with MIUI locker and screen turn on issues...disabled it and running the stock lockscreen ...ftw

other that i really like this ROM good job!

Sinistertensai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2010
Boston
Google Pixel 6
is this eventually going to be themed with the MIUI orange color? i dont like the light blue color

i had issues with MIUI locker and screen turn on issues...disabled it and running the stock lockscreen ...ftw

other that i really like this ROM good job!

yes, it is currently being themed (some text is off, that's about it) you can download the dev preview / nightly and see for yourself.

bboy_201

Apr 12, 2009
Installing right now let's see how this goes!

Update:
I am not complaining just letting people know what is going on...
- in Animation Setting the options for bootanimation does not work (if this works it would be pretty dope)
- is it possible to change the language on the lock screen and the pop up notifications?(The first boot had an option to update but since I didn't know what it said I canceled it. Was I suppose to say yes?)
-Didn't see an option to see all application like in sense? Is this suppose to be similar to iphone os style where all the apps are on all the screens?
-Under phone options under screenshot the last line is cut off and the word Volumn is misspelled.

Something different than usual:
to take a screen capture you hold the power button and the volume down button.

I like that it has some tweaks in it for example changing the carrier name on the notification bar to what ever you want.

i have added screen shots for the ones who are interested.

Update 2:
Can we get an animated battery so it's easier to notice the phone charging?

hello OP
i was wondering if you had a chance to read above. When you get a chance can you respond?

ZzHacks

Jan 21, 2012
im pretty sure SinisterTensai will probably update this but hes busy atm with family stuff so as far as animation settings i dont think that has been completely implemented yet.......as for changing language not sure sorry....... and when you think of ciui you think of miui+cyanogenmod fused together basically meaning miui with 4g and what the ui is in miui is like a multitheming engine which i guess you can say is based of ios meaning no no all applications unless you install a completely different launcher which is kinda besides the point......again this is a dev preview which is to show us what bugs there are and to not expect something extraordinary........

Want some battery saving tips use this:
Flash Mason G rc5
Grab that setcpu set it to low 128 high 998 or higher
Put the setcpu on smartassv2

thanks for your feedback

bboy_201

Apr 12, 2009
im pretty sure SinisterTensai will probably update this but hes busy atm with family stuff so as far as animation settings i dont think that has been completely implemented yet.......as for changing language not sure sorry....... and when you think of ciui you think of miui+cyanogenmod fused together basically meaning miui with 4g and what the ui is in miui is like a multitheming engine which i guess you can say is based of ios meaning no no all applications unless you install a completely different launcher which is kinda besides the point......again this is a dev preview which is to show us what bugs there are and to not expect something extraordinary........

Flash Mason G rc5

thanks for your feedback

I was trying to search for the kernal but not sure if i'm searching or reading wrong I can't find it. Can you point me to the write location.
Also as for the setcpu this is built with some setting to change the performance. shouldn't i use that instead?

I found this thread but i think it's wrong
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546878 ([KERNEL][WIP] Mason kernel for supersonic v0.14)

ZzHacks

Jan 21, 2012
I was trying to search for the kernal but not sure if i'm searching or reading wrong I can't find it. Can you point me to the write location.
Also as for the setcpu this is built with some setting to change the performance. shouldn't i use that instead?

I found this thread but i think it's wrong
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546878 ([KERNEL][WIP] Mason kernel for supersonic v0.14)
you have to go to his blog here>http://atyoung.blogspot.com/2012/04/mason-15-release-candidates-yep-you.html i do beleive this is the latest

Reactions: bboy_201

bboy_201

Apr 12, 2009

Flash Mason G rc5

thanks for your feedback

you said

I had tried this before with some other roms long ago and some would mess up if i changed the highest to high and i would not be able to use my cell phone I think i would get a bootloop or something. Should I just leave it at 998?

ZzHacks

Jan 21, 2012
you said

I had tried this before with some other roms long ago and some would mess up if i changed the highest to high and i would not be able to use my cell phone I think i would get a bootloop or something. Should I just leave it at 998?
Yea whatever your phone can handle some evos can get up to Max some can't can't get past 998 and some gets about halfway it all depends on your device

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

bboy_201

Apr 12, 2009
how do i find out what my phone can handle without getting it in a bootloop?

Mr.BungIe

Apr 5, 2012
Montclair
My solution was to nandroid before I started playing with voltages. Then if I end up in a boot loop press both volume buttons and the power button at the same time to reboot and volume down when the screen goes black to get into boot loader/recover reload the nandroid and start over. Takes time, but it's worth the hassle.

Last edited:

bboy_201

Apr 12, 2009
Not sure just set it without setting it on boot

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

that's true didn't think about that.

My solution was to nandroid before I started playing with voltages. Then if I end up in a boot loop press both volume buttons and the power button at the same time to reboot and volume down when the screen goes black to get into boot loader/recover reload the nandroid and start over. Takes time, but it's worth the hassle.

I really didn't want to dot that because... guy's do not get made at me ... but i was messing with jailbreaking and unlocking an iphone for my sister

alss was wondering has anyone received any random reboots or swype some how being unselected and the default keyboard being selected?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    24yczs6.png

I proudly presents CIUI for Evo 4G!

Thanks to:
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Shendu Dev Team
    Team Nocturnal
    My team
    and the great XDA community

Installation instructions:
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Boot into recovery (smelkus recommended)
    Create a backup
    Do a full wipe
    Install zip from SD card
    wipe cache and dalvik
    Reboot and enjoy!

Known Issues:
    Launcher has MiLocker enabled by default. you can turn this off easily through the preference menu
    menu text cut off (not sure why this issue is here, I think it has to do with me kanging miui's images.)
    you tell me?

Info:
    Android 2.3.7
    Rooted
    busybox
    apps2SD
    Nano text editor
    Bash shell support
    Kernel Cyanogenmod-2.6.37.6

Additional Info:
    First boot will be long
    No system wide theme manager yet. ( MiLauncher and locker for now )

Downloads:
    A little thanks goes a long way.

CIUI Version 2

ROM Changelog:
    Second Release
    fixed some bugs
    speed things up
    fixed some random F/C in apps
    less of a battery drain

First Release
    Fixed minor things, e.g speed, performance, battery life.
    added more miui apps
    optimized framework

Third Release
    TBA~

Secondary Release
    fixed somethings up.
    tweak's added.
    fixed up the default theme a bit.

Initial Release
    Gamma (3) testing

ScreenShots

44523642-48df-faae.jpg
    44523642-4901-dff5.jpg
    44523642-491f-a6f0.jpg
    44523642-492e-5b78.jpg
    s3q2q8.png
    Re: | Team XTC |[ROM][GB]CIUI Gamma Version 2[8/11/12]

this link was put here just to help while goo is down. i did not help in anyway in desiging this rom. it works good, please give credit where credit is do. im just helpn out

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
    and its back, fixed up some more things too! next ver is coming soon!!
    Some preview shots have been added. Working on porting over miui theme engine and miui backup.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app