[DISCONTINUED][ROM] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds for the Samsung Vibrant

Search This thread

kf7strng

Dec 17, 2010
Well, I'm back with an update. I have been running the ROM on my phone for about 2 weeks or so. It seems fairly stable.I have a few apps installed ( Google Apps suite, Facebook, and Facebook messenger, adobe reader). Sometimes facebook, or facebook messenger wants to force close. I would say battery life is acceptable IF you arent always on it constantly like I am. Wifi seems to be acceptable, and call quality is normal. I have NOT placed a call to, NOR tested ANY E911/911 features and I have not used the gps. Audio is decent through headphones and is decent as well through the speaker.

All in all I think the ROM works alright, and I believe its on its way to being a great ROM.

Reactions: jrongi1

Waldos

Feb 1, 2011
México
Well, I'm back with an update. I have been running the ROM on my phone for about 2 weeks or so. It seems fairly stable.I have a few apps installed ( Google Apps suite, Facebook, and Facebook messenger, adobe reader). Sometimes facebook, or facebook messenger wants to force close. I would say battery life is acceptable IF you arent always on it constantly like I am. Wifi seems to be acceptable, and call quality is normal. I have NOT placed a call to, NOR tested ANY E911/911 features and I have not used the gps. Audio is decent through headphones and is decent as well through the speaker.

All in all I think the ROM works alright, and I believe its on its way to being a great ROM.

Did you use TB?
I have a lot of problems using it... :(

Linkmeup82

Account currently disabled
Apr 3, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Facebook Sync

I don't really know if this is an issue, but I had Facebook Sync working great with the Helly Bean ROM all my contacts with numbers (I noticed Der included it). I can't get it working with this ROM but didn't know if that was normal and will be a work in progress? Thanks. Oh and this is my new ROM of choice.

Gladiolur

Jan 19, 2011
Amman
Camera is still not working

So right now I'm using 8/20 version,, I'm still having issue with the camera, it's giving a black window with the camera app buttons then saying saying "Unfortunately, gallery has stopped"

I odened into the stock stock version and back to cyaogen, tried wiping cache and davlik, still not working.

Any Ideas?

1vanFG

Oct 12, 2010
Salt Lake City,UT
I don't really know if this is an issue, but I had Facebook Sync working great with the Helly Bean ROM all my contacts with numbers (I noticed Der included it). I can't get it working with this ROM but didn't know if that was normal and will be a work in progress? Thanks. Oh and this is my new ROM of choice.

I usually just use the facebook contact sync app from the play store, and works better than the facebook app.

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012

Linkmeup82

Apr 3, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I usually just use the facebook contact sync app from the play store, and works better than the facebook app.

Yeah but that won't sync the phone numbers from the Facebook accounts like syncing the app will. This is probably a soon to be added feature.

Update: I just realized that it's a Facebook v\s Google thing with the contact phone number sync. It has to be done with 3rd party apps or possibly rooted phones more here: http://www.androidcentral.com/google-removing-facebook-contact-syncing-nexus-s I"m gonna try HaxSync.

Last edited:

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I wiped data, cache, dalvik installed latest nightly then JB gapps after installed some apps I had a low storage notification. Is this much little space normal?

d0365392-0baf-356f.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

ioancr

Jan 3, 2012
So right now I'm using 8/20 version,, I'm still having issue with the camera, it's giving a black window with the camera app buttons then saying saying "Unfortunately, gallery has stopped"

I odened into the stock stock version and back to cyaogen, tried wiping cache and davlik, still not working.

Any Ideas?

Did you uninstall stock Gallery? Just a thought, the Camera app is integrated with it.

jrongi1

Jul 16, 2011
Greenville, SC
I wiped data, cache, dalvik installed latest nightly then JB gapps after installed some apps I had a low storage notification. Is this much little space normal?

d0365392-0baf-356f.jpg

Yes the partitions have been changed to address performance issues. If you need more space move some app to sd card (tools for this can be found in play store).

Vibrant MiuiV4 360° Productions

Reactions: mexicandroid

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Yes the partitions have been changed to address performance issues. If you need more space move some app to sd card (tools for this can be found in play store).

Vibrant MiuiV4 360° Productions

Is there any way we can add support for external 3 partition on our external sd card, i had this on my old HD2 and it worked pretty good, but i do notice way better performance, and i thougt it was because of Project Butter lol

Waldos

Feb 1, 2011
México
Every nigthly comes better and better... i have the cm-10-20120820-NIGHTLY-vibrantmtd.zip and i want the last because include lockscreen improvement. :D

Linkmeup82

Apr 3, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Better

I have been running Helly Bean religiously until the official CM10 build came out. I love the official CM10 Nightly. I love having so much space in the system partition now to play with. I have just moved a few apps to the system partition to free up space on the data partition. It does kinda suck that there is just over 400MB of storage for apps now but the performance increase is well worth it. It's also no big deal to move apps to the internal SD partition to make room for more apps. I like this setup. I would imagine that moving apps to the internal SD partition would still have fast read/write speeds, so this should be no big deal as apposed to using a micro SD card for app storage, there may be small speed issues also depending on the class. Probably not too noticeable. I'm very happy with the CyanogenMod team.

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
I'm getting an IMEI error popup after installing the latest nightly (8/21)...If I revert back to CM9 it works perfect....as soon as I wipe data/cache/dalvik and install CM10, I get the error again as soon as it boots up....however, I can make calls and have data connectivity...can anyone help me fix this issue?

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I have been running Helly Bean religiously until the official CM10 build came out. I love the official CM10 Nightly. I love having so much space in the system partition now to play with. I have just moved a few apps to the system partition to free up space on the data partition. It does kinda suck that there is just over 400MB of storage for apps now but the performance increase is well worth it. It's also no big deal to move apps to the internal SD partition to make room for more apps. I like this setup. I would imagine that moving apps to the internal SD partition would still have fast read/write speeds, so this should be no big deal as apposed to using a micro SD card for app storage, there may be small speed issues also depending on the class. Probably not too noticeable. I'm very happy with the CyanogenMod team.

The internal sd partition, is it already there or do I have to make it? Not to familiar with this subject

Top Liked Posts