[ROM][JB 4.1.2][P?+Aokp+Cm] P.A.C All in 1 ROM !!!!!! Jellybean alpha v18 {11/18/12}

Search This thread

ramharder

May 30, 2012
Love this ROM has every customization, battery life is excellent, and its super smooth. Kernel runs great also. Thanx for bringing this to the note. Favorite ROM I have had in the last 3 years. Can't think of another that was this smooth and customizable.

Vicious Von

Mar 27, 2011
Never had a ROM i could run back to after trying other stuff out until this one. My battery life is kinda terrible but I believe it's more a hardware issue. Best ROM for my needs and wants hands down.

Sent from the Great White Note

Reactions: tupirujp

2sl0w

Jun 29, 2011
Setup paranoid settings like this and it is awesome. I did not know this phone could look this good. This is @ 240dpi in ROM control + these pa settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354177448854.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354177448854.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 506

Vicious Von

Mar 27, 2011
Setup paranoid settings like this and it is awesome. I did not know this phone could look this good. This is @ 240dpi in ROM control + these pa settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I'll try that but I believe that may be a bit too small for my peepers

Sent from the Great White Note

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
My battery life is kinda terrible but I believe it's more a hardware issue.

I have to agree, other then the battery life this rom is f' awesome. I did see some people getting killer battery life on this rom. I am only getting about 9 1/2 hours with min/moderate use with most of my sync settings turned off. I would love to hear peoples recommendations for setting up this rom for better battery life. :D

Reactions: Vicious Von

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
I have to agree, other then the battery life this rom is f' awesome. I did see some people getting killer battery life on this rom. I am only getting about 9 1/2 hours with min/moderate use with most of my sync settings turned off. I would love to hear peoples recommendations for setting up this rom for better battery life. :D

Syn I have any and every touch sound and vibration setting I could find completely turned off even in the keyboard settings.Notifications and ringing obviously still on but it seems to have made a difference for me personally.Also I have quiet time set at night.

Reactions: DesignGrits

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com

Funny because this is the only ROM i've had where it's had decent battery life.. Have i done specific research to back this claim? NOT REALLY. But i do the same thing every day typically and it's taken a lot longer to drain the battery so there....

This is probably the most stable ROM i have had since the "saurom" days

Also i tend to use conservative governor which throttles down to 192mhz rapidly, but performance is still pretty well. Currently testing out the interactive governor which is draining battery life more than on demand.

Only error i am getting right now is "unfortunately settings has stopped" when i click on SOUND. Fixed permissions and such, so i'm a little clueless. not a big deal though.

Last edited:

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Syn I have any and every touch sound and vibration setting I could find completely turned off even in the keyboard settings.Notifications and ringing obviously still on but it seems to have made a difference for me personally.Also I have quiet time set at night.

Just got home, going to make the suggestions you recommended and test them tomorrow while I am out and about.

Funny because this is the only ROM i've had where it's had decent battery life.. Have i done specific research to back this claim? NOT REALLY. But i do the same thing every day typically and it's taken a lot longer to drain the battery so there....

This is probably the most stable ROM i have had since the "saurom" days

Also i tend to use conservative governor which throttles down to 192mhz rapidly, but performance is still pretty well. Currently testing out the interactive governor which is draining battery life more than on demand.

Will test conservative governor tomorrow as well.

As far as stable goes most of the JB roms have been stable for me, Jamie's PA the most. But since he is leaving I am moving on to something else in addition to the MIUI rom which I test. This rom has been great and stable, no big issues for me other then battery and the setting lockscreen wallpaper through AOKP settings that can't be reset to default. For some reason if I select an image through AOKP it zooms the image rather then use the selected area that I designated. I'm actually looking for an alternative way to do it right now, which shouldn't be hard.

magnumforce2006

Feb 8, 2011
Additionally, is it possible to put the weather bar above my toggles in the status bar? I believe I could do this previously with aokp roms.

ramharder

May 30, 2012
Autally hot a day and a half out of a fully charged battery and that was with moderate to heavy use.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354283324050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354283324050.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 622

ansonqy9

Feb 3, 2008
New York
Hi,

is there anyway to change GMail tablet mode to just phone mode? the two column looks really small..I prefer bigger font size..

THanks!

ishken

Jul 15, 2011
HI, you know where can download Paranoid Android?

seems it's a ROM , not a app ?

I am going to assume you haven't read the OP that tells you to grab the Paranoid Android Preferences APK from any PA based ROM and side load it onto your phone. You'll need to unzip the file and extract the apk from the apps folder. Happy hunting and read the OP again before you ask anything further. The answer lies there. Usually. More than likely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Ciespi

May 17, 2009
Mid West
I saw that The "Storage Space Running out" that I am expriencing twice in this thread by the same person but did not see a solution to it, if there was a solution can someone please point me in the right Direction. THanks for help and sorry if it was already addressed.

ishken

Jul 15, 2011
I saw that The "Storage Space Running out" that I am expriencing twice in this thread by the same person but did not see a solution to it, if there was a solution can someone please point me in the right Direction. THanks for help and sorry if it was already addressed.

Make a backup on the external sd card and wipe/format sd card/internal storage. I did this before and gained back a few gb from it. Your internal storage is pretty much fragmented and you need to defrag it by reformatting.

Or you can move all your user apps to external sd and see if that works better. In fact do that first. If it fails, wipe that internal to hell.

Reactions: DesignGrits

Ciespi

May 17, 2009
Mid West
Make a backup on the external sd card and wipe/format sd card/internal storage. I did this before and gained back a few gb from it. Your internal storage is pretty much fragmented and you need to defrag it by reformatting.

Or you can move all your user apps to external sd and see if that works better. In fact do that first. If it fails, wipe that internal to hell.

Thanks for reply and I did what you said and still there.

cemian

Dec 8, 2009
Loving this ROM ..great work...only downside so far is random reboots...about once a day so far for past two days...live wallpaper flicker which disabling hw takes care of...when you add widgets you can only see the icon of the widgets in the list but not the names..all blank...any other settings to enable or disable that have been known to cause instability?
Thanks

Last edited:

ansonqy9

Feb 3, 2008
New York
Sorry for that....my mistake.

btw, the link is no longer working on the OP........

I am going to assume you haven't read the OP that tells you to grab the Paranoid Android Preferences APK from any PA based ROM and side load it onto your phone. You'll need to unzip the file and extract the apk from the apps folder. Happy hunting and read the OP again before you ask anything further. The answer lies there. Usually. More than likely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

PACman All in One Rom!!

News
    Due to a request from PA Team to take down ParanoidPreferences, from v16.1.0 forward I exclude ParanoidPrefereances.apk from the ROM.

Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS
    Hi, are you the leader of PAC ROM (Otherwise, please forward this PM to leader of it)?, I recently saw you're using our ParanoidPreferences application, wich is a closed source app, meant to be used on official ParanoidAndroid ROMs / Ports only. I ask you please then, to remove it from your builds. I can offer you this opensource alternative found on our ics branch for Settings app:

https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/...gs/tree/ics/src/com/android/settings/paranoid

You should spread the word around XDA PAC roms, as well, so all the builds remove it from the package.

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    D4.

But the framework still support it, so if you still want to use PA settings, then get it somewhere else & use it at your own responsibility.

Do not put a link to ParanoidPreferences,apk in this thread !!! do it somewhere else.

To all porters & compilers, please strip down your rom, remove ParanoidPreferences.apk from there.
    Use the new Setting.apk to prevent FC when there is no ParanoidPreferences.apk inside the ROM

[INFO:]
    I discontinue build AOSP+CM version & AOKP version, in exchange :
    Note I717 Jellybean 4.1.2 P?+Aokp+Cm = PACman

http://www.github.com/PAC-man
    We also welcome to everyone that interest and want to contribute at PAC github project.

[NOTE:]
    - Always make a cwm backup
    - Always wipe data when switching ROM, unless you came from previous version of the same ROM
    - TB 5.5.2.1 seems work fine with JB
    - If you encounter any bugs after updating ROM without wipe data process, back up your installed apps & user data using TB, go to CWM & wipe data, reboot & restore from TB
    - Some things might not working & not implemented yet (as title said WIP)

[Working:]
    ROM:
    - GSM
    - Data
    - SMS
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - GPS
    - Audio
    - Video
    - Torch
    - Root
    - Orientation
    - USB Mass storage
    - Touchscreen
    - App2SD
    - FM (for some country)
    - Brightness & auto brightness
    - Camera preview temp fix (don't switch to front camera, if you get FC caused by switching to front camera or other, go to Settings>>Apps>>Camera>>clear Camera app data)
    - Camera video recording 720p (no need to set audio sampling rate to 44.1kHz)
    - AOKP ROM Control
    - PA Paranoid Preferences
    - Tablet UI
    - Front camera
    - Wifi AP tether (HotSpot mode)
    - Native USB OTG

Kernel:
    - Built with Linaro
    - CWM 6.0.1.5
    - OC up to 1.6 GHz (use on your own risk!!!)
    - Standard CPU govs : performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, conservative, interactive
    - IO Scheduler : noop, deadline, cfq, sio
    - UMS (Ext4 - NTFS)
    - USB OTG support

[Fix to do:]
    - video playback for some codec
    - camera panorama mode
    - Graphic glitch in recovery
    - layouts

Downloads

PAC-man-quincyatt-ALPHA-18

PAC-man-quincyatt-ALPHA-17

GAPPS

Google-JB-Gapps

PAC-man Kernel

PAC-man-Linaro-Kernel

KERNEL SOURCE HERE!!!!!!! KERNEL SOURCE

[Special thanks to:] Click to donate
    -szl.kiev(Original Developer)
    - FXP team
    - AOKP team (Donation link in ROM Control)
    - PA team (molesarecoming, D4rKn3sSyS)
    - ExPeacer (PAC gitmaster)
    - kamarush
    - sirkay
    - jimtonic01
    - justmpm
    - jesco
    - Kormatoes
    - bulook00
    - MrTapa
    - Wechy77
    - Wedgess
    -Johnsondr80(Thank him for testing!!!)
    -flappjaxxx(kernel source)
    -Fezzy102
    - Great peoples in http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1790185

AND THE COLLECTIVE!!!!

Enjoy!
    I have not forgot about you guys. Been getting cm 10.1 stable for the glide.. now working on merging 4.2.1 into PAC-man.. be patient with me..:D

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium
    Good news.. got android 4.2 booted on my glide today.. won't be long.. still some bugs to work out.. :D

Got it running... Will be updating pacman to 4.2 in the next couple days... :D

If PACman is looking for anyone to make some cool graphics, pm me. I've done some for Jamie and Garrett that were pretty cool.

Yes, would be awesome if you can make some. Thanks mate

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda premium