Touch screen sensitivity weirdness

Search This thread

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Does anyone know where to get JWR66N? I too noticed the problem only occurs after updating to JSS15J. I've already exchanged it once & would like to just confirm it one more time. If it's software then I may keep it & wait for update. Otherwise I would return it. Everywhere I look it's JSS15J. If you know where to get JWR66N please post here. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Disagree. Mine works flawlessly on newest update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: negroplasty

david84us

Aug 2, 2009
The first one I took back, it was because I had completely deleted the /system folder in TWRP while rooting (don't ask) and had no way to restore it because the stock image wasn't out yet. I relocked the bootloader and took it back and told them it wouldn't boot past the Google screen (which was true). They didn't even question me, just swapped me out.

Some guy at the Google/Asus refurb center is going to get that tablet and boot it up and be like "What a jerk". It still had TWRP on it and I'm pretty sure SuperSU was still on the SDcard.

I think in order to fix that, they have to install new image, so it will be erased anyway.

kayone73

Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles
My 32 GB Nexus 7 has not been experiencin multitouch issues as much as total screen unresponsiveness. After first it was very sporadic and a mild annoyance with it working properly most of the time, but the last few days it has grown increasingly worse where sometimes I would touch the unlock button on the lock screen and the display will freeze and fail to unlock, or sometimes I unlock and swipe like normal but then the screen becomes unresponsive to taps & swipes within seconds, Now I can't seem to use the tablet at all today (this morning it worked ok) unless I have the tablet powered off for a while and then try to use it again and its usuable for a while before the problem acts up again. Mine is rooted and running CM 10.2 right now.

xXhodorXx

Feb 27, 2014
Watch your fingers!

It isn't a software issue. The screen is too slippery! Seriously. For those of you who have this problem, watch your thumb or finger when you long-press the screen. My fingers slip a lot. Also, I don't think the screen is oversensitive. I read about it in forum after forum, but I think it is wrong. I think it is evident in the way even the best styli fail to work for any sort of handwriting. I think the screen's sensitivity is garbage. I have an overpriced Adonit stylus. It claims to be the most precise stylus in the world but it barely registers on my FLO. Having said that, it is absolutely magical on the Galaxy S3, which has a stupidly sensitive screen. There may be something about the rom or kernel I'm running, but I have had the same results with every rom I've used.

Maddoxx99

Feb 19, 2014
Hi guys,
did anyone has the link for the software to fix the touch screen issue?
mine suffering from unresponsiveness too :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ive exchanged my device twice already and each one has had this problem

i really run into these issues with chrome and its normal otherwie
    Disagree. Mine works flawlessly on newest update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Try a different launcher. I'm on apex with no problems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    So I got one from a Best buy on Friday, and it took me till almost midnight before I troubleshooted that it seemed that there were gaps in the touch sensitivity.

The end result being if I had an icon picked up and was dragging it across the screen, if I hit a spot it would think I took my finger off and drop it. As well any type of swipe typing wouldn't work as I couldn't complete a line between letters without a break in the line.
    There were 3 apps that I used for testing, two just trace the contact point so you can see gaps, the other had a whole suite of other things as well.

Went in Saturday first thing and exchanged it with no trouble, and once the setup and app install was done the first thing was to test the new one.

No issues. What this means in the bigger picture of the overall release... No clue. But thought it was a good data point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    In noticing the same thing. I downloaded that program and it seems to show 1-2 extra key presses when I do the thumb thing.

Swipe is iffy about 10% of the time. Not happy as my screen is otherwise perfect and I love this tablet. I'm an Apple guy and my last android was an att captivate.

Is this a software or hardware problem.

Also I unlocked the boot loader and am root. Issues with a return???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I returned to best buy unlocked and just deleted super su app and then did factory reset. No issues from bb

Where exactly are you reading the serial no from?

The box or the about tablet in settings

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2