[Q] Gingerbread and Lg thrill ???

Search This thread

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
yeah...no gingerbread sucks. i hope they refine the ui also. i cant even join contacts to facebook and twitter :(

Where's the logic there? GB is nothing but improvements over Froyo. Ill give you the ui thing though. Not a fan of the GB 'look'

Also, My Aria running GB has my contacts synced with Facebook/twitter just fine.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Well it better hurry. Phone goes back Monday but I have to cancel line and all other crap cause all the trades. And I only have a few more days. I can't stand the slow camera and crappy battery life

CEaton

Dec 6, 2010
How popular do you think it is? I'm starting to worry about support for this phone going forward. So much so that I'm really hoping that the gs2 comes out before Oct 9 so I can exchange this for it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
How popular do you think it is? I'm starting to worry about support for this phone going forward. So much so that I'm really hoping that the gs2 comes out before Oct 9 so I can exchange this for it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Popular enough that I had a hard time finding one in stock :p LG doesn't have many smart phones on the US market and this is their top of the line android phone. If they're looking to make a good impression on the US market they'll get the update out. They don't have the presence in smart phone market here that HTC, Motorola, and Samsung do. So they're probably actually going to care about the phones they have on the market.

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
LG said they would update the Optimus 3D to Gingerbread in October. It will take longer to come to the Thrill because AT&T does their own internal testing and must approve the update and have it customized for them. I would guess November. Worst case December. Not a huge deal really. Froyo runs very smoothly on this phone and CM7 should be ready for this device soon if you want Gingerbread now.

amp_bell88

Dec 7, 2010
Columbia
Where's the logic there? GB is nothing but improvements over Froyo. Ill give you the ui thing though. Not a fan of the GB 'look'

Also, My Aria running GB has my contacts synced with Facebook/twitter just fine.

The LG UI doesn't let me combine Facebook and twitter contacts to existing contacts like I can on my captivate. And as I said before, u misread what I said. not having gingerbread sucks

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
The LG UI doesn't let me combine Facebook and twitter contacts to existing contacts like I can on my captivate. And as I said before, u misread what I said. not having gingerbread sucks

What are you guys talking about? Facebook and Twitter integrated with my contacts just fine. I see contact pictures, email addresses, the latest status update, etc. from Twitter and Facebook for my existing contacts in the contacts app. Maybe I don't understand what you're on about.

amp_bell88

Dec 7, 2010
Columbia
What are you guys talking about? Facebook and Twitter integrated with my contacts just fine. I see contact pictures, email addresses, the latest status update, etc. from Twitter and Facebook for my existing contacts in the contacts app. Maybe I don't understand what you're on about.

Well please inform me on how u did it. Because I can't to save my life

Top Liked Posts