[Kernel][1-17-12]Blitzkrieg Kernel 2.1

Search This thread

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
MT!! I probably won't be able to break my picky phone for about a week or so.. tried blitzkreig over OCKernel and same result as we discussed on irc. But upon flashing back to 1.4 from bkitzkreig my battery went from 57% to 18% :( bummer

sent from my LG Steel BlueVolt :D

jamRwoo

Aug 22, 2011
Greenville, SC
So if I'm using the one you gave me on IRC I need to reflash? Forgive me for the redundant question. :D

Btw this kernel is sex. I've been waiting for an OCUV kernel since I got the phone. Phone is so snappy.

Now you just need to write a code that makes RAM duplicate itself. =D

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

majorpay

Jun 6, 2010
Colorado
OC may come at a cost?

Interestingly, I've never had a problem quite like this on on this phone until I flashed this kernel:

Was on the phone for an extended amount of time, the screen blanked, and when I went to hang up, I couldn't - screen wouldn't turn back on. Pressed the power button a few times, shook the phone, nothing.

The issue looked very similar to the infamous "CM7 SOD" issue, except my phone couldn't have gone to sleep while being on the phone (right?).

I had to do a battery pull and reboot.

gigem01

Jun 29, 2011
Backed up, Flashed, rebooted.......

It shows LG, then boot animation and then screen blanks. Next it vibrates and goes back to LG, then Recovery.

I am restoring now and keeping my fingers crossed. This is the first problem I've had since flashing Cubed and MT's stuff.

Could there be a problem if I already had SetCPU installed and running with "set on boot"?

revo_65

Sep 19, 2011

It shows LG, then boot animation and then screen blanks. Next it vibrates and goes back to LG, then Recovery.

I am restoring now and keeping my fingers crossed. This is the first problem I've had since flashing Cubed and MT's stuff.

Could there be a problem if I already had SetCPU installed and running with "set on boot"?

no there shouldnt be. I dont use cpu tuner but i had my cpu manager running on set on boot and it worked fine

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN

Some phones are picky and will not go this high. I may compile one that is lower for those with problems.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

bhp117

Oct 22, 2011
los angeles
Mt what happened to the 1.7 oc ?

Bulletproof 512 ledded AWD SuperCharged RC4/GV1.3 - Nullified & SIO 2048 + Ad-Shot v13 ;p

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
The day is coming
Armageddon's near
Inferno's coming
Can we survive the blitzkrieg?

Haha! Thanks MT! My phone is blazing fast now!

From my Kangwich Bryce Device

borborpa

Jan 28, 2011
Harrisburg, PA

I had the same problem, reflashed GV 1.3, and I got the boot loop. Cleared cache and davlik and it solved the problem. Haven't tried reflashing the kernel again yet.

Sent from my Gingervolt-ed VS910 4G using xda premium

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
At stock I score a 2829

Honestly I cannot see the difference but the benchmark does.
shot_000006.jpg

Decided to install antutu's cpu master. Set low end at 360 and high end on demand to 1200. Let it run a week or so at that before I commit to super speeds.

Nice work MT.

Last edited:

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
I would too... A little unofficial unofficial release maybe?

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

hoovnick

Mar 18, 2010
Loaded this onto the wife's revo with no problems. Super fast and responsive. Excellent work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is Blitzkrieg Kernel!!!

What is this?
    This is a very fast kernel, while trying to keep battery as close as possible to stock. It is overclockable up to 1.9ghz, and is undervolted.

Changelog
    v. 2.1
    Hopefully Fix Reboot Issue

v. 2.0
    Overclock to 1.9ghz
    First Boot is Set at 1.0ghz
    Modified Undervolt to help battery
    Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
    Other Small Tweaks
    Battery Life Has Been Greatly Increased! (For Me Anyway)

v. 1.0 Initial Release
    OC/UV Kernel
    OverClocked to 1.5ghz
    Added Different I/O Schedulers
    Included tun.ko Module
    Other Memory and Performance Edits

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    THIS IS FOR GINGERVOLT OR GINGERHOME ONLY!!!
    1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    5.) Select Blitzkrieg2.0.zip
    6.) Reboot!
    7.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Special Thanks!!!
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Disclaimer
    This is to be flashed at your own free will. I am not holding a gun to your head. If this breaks your phone, it is not on me! This will void your warranty though, so if Verizon doesn't want to give you a new one because this broke it, it is on you!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Hey guys! Hopefully got a fix to the reboot issue!!! While messing around in the code the other night PG found a tid bit added by LG about restarts, I removed it and recompiled and it seems to help!!! Let me know how it does!!!
    Alright you've convinced me! I will release a higher for those wanting to push and a lower for those that 1.5 is to high for!

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
    I flashed BK 2.0 onto my phone after a long weekend of building and testing CM9. It works beautifully! Thanks for the hard work, MT!
    I was running the one you had us testing and it still drained my battery fast, even when underclocked with screen off. Is this release updated from that so that it could have possibly fixed it?

Otherwise my phone just doesnt like kernels :( lol

It is updated. I compiled this on last night with the WiFi fix, but running same settings on mine for 2 days with majorly improved battery life. Before just idling I would get about 18 hours, this one made it about 30 at 1.9. Now I don't use the phone much, but idling is a whole lot better. I use Smoothass for the governor.