Anyone using N900A on T Mobile?

Search This thread

Limeybastard

We made the switch to T mobile yesterday from ATT. Currently using one N900T and one N900A. The N900A seems to lose the 4G / LTE icon in the home sometimes, yet the application Network Signal Info shows it connected to the same LTE tower as my N900T. The N900A gets DNS error message when the 4G/LTE icon is not present, yet Signal Info shows it connected to LTE. Anyone know what is going on please? Thanks.

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I'm using it on TMobile but I always have 4G LTE so far. Been using it on TMobile for a week now. Do you have the right apn settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

I'm using it on TMobile but I always have 4G LTE so far. Been using it on TMobile for a week now. Do you have the right apn settings?

I will check when wife comes home, I only received my SP unlock code from cellunlocker.net this morning, so didnt get a chance to review APN settings.

All I did was enter unlock code then stick the sim card inside of the phone, compared it to my n900T and noticed her 4G icon not appearing sometimes.

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I will check when wife comes home, I only received my SP unlock code from cellunlocker.net this morning, so didnt get a chance to review APN settings.

All I did was enter unlock code then stick the sim card inside of the phone, compared it to my n900T and noticed her 4G icon not appearing sometimes.

I did the same exact thing and I unlocked mines from same website. It's not working for you because you need to fix your apn settings. That's why it didn't work for me at first also.

Limeybastard

I did the same exact thing and I unlocked mines from same website. It's not working for you because you need to fix your apn settings. That's why it didn't work for me at first also.

Will check thanks, I didn't have to change the APN on my N900T which was until yesterday on ATT network. It seemed to automatically change via the sim card swap.

Limeybastard

Oh ok this is website link to the apn http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-...vity-apn-data-roaming-more.html#axzz2kI4NjYRx

I am thinking the N900A does not have the menu to change :

From any of the home screens, press the "Menu" button
Go to "Settings"
Tap the "Connections" tab
Tap "More networks" > "Mobile networks" > "Network mode"
Select one of the following options:
LTE / WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
WCDMA only
GSM only

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland
i unlocked mine at cellunlocker.net and typed in the code and the tmo APN was set automatically and i have LTE, with no problems.

Limeybastard

I have found that if you put the T mobile SIM in, boot the phone up, let it get a data connection, then restart the phone again, it usually will pull it's correct APN settings from the carrier just fine.

I reviewed my wife's N900A with T mobile sim card in it, the APN was actually set to T Mobile but some fields were different to my N900T on T Mobile. I do not remember which lines to be honest, I just copied mine on to hers. I think the field APN type on hers was just set to "default" where as mine is set to "default,mms,supl" .

I also believe her APN was not "fast.t-mobile.com" .

Her N900A seems to be picking up good LTE now, just originally when I first powered it up after unlocking the LTE icon would come and go in the home. I was thinking perhaps the N900A stock does not have all the radios available?

Last edited: