With the announcement at I/O, which Android Wear will you get?

Which Android Wear watch will you get?

• Moto360

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • LG G Watch

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Samsung Gear Live

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Waiting to see other options (HTC, Sony, etc.)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I do not plan on purchasing an Android Wear watch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pandaface0513

Apr 21, 2014
First to reply !?

Well, personally I use a LG G2 as my daily driver now. I would naturally go for the G Watch.

I agree that the circular watch face on the Moto 360 is way awesome. But it is not available just yet :rolleyes:

In comparison of the G Watch and the Galaxy Gear Live. I would go for G Watch, on same company and the fact that it has more battery.
400 vs 300, thats 1/4 differences, which is a lot. My previous experiences with Galaxy 3 didn't occur to me that Samsung's products are not battery hungry. I would rather have 25% more battery than say, having an extra heartbeat sensor (which will potentially use up more battery?)

I also like IPS screen more :good:

jayr04

Oct 31, 2007
Los Angeles
I like the look of the 360 best but from videos I've seen, a square screen has a lot more usable real estate than a round one. So I would choose the Gear.

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Little confused. I was looking to get the gear 2 but figured I'd wait. With the news today..will one be able to answer calls and text on the android wear watches? Also..it looks like they are basically revolving around Google now?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Croptop

Jun 4, 2009
I have ordered the Gear Live. Higher resolution and heart rate sensor made me pick it over the LG. The fact that it was cheaper helped too.

I will probably pick up a Moto 360 when it becomes available as well.

DrawnToLife

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto
Are there any hands on that show how you wake the Gear Live from it's sleep state? Does a simple flick of the wrist work, or do I have to press the button. If I have to press the button, I'm going to get the G Watch in a flash.

jimbohurt

May 13, 2013
I voted galaxy gear one hundred percent because its 30 bucks cheaper. Dont know why the LG G is more? Haha so thats why i came to this thread.

spooke

Dec 1, 2009
Bedfordshire
Just ordered both (UK) as I'm undecided and expect them to sell out fast... my brother wants one anyway so will give him the Samsung most likely.

Strange that the LG was the cheaper one in the UK? Maybe it has a secret spec :fingers-crossed:

Prefer the LG anyway as it is smaller and looks to have a longer battery life (essential in a watch device).

Gadgety

May 13, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
The Moto360 - because of its circular display with near zero bezel

And why?! Please no bashing of certain brands/watches! Discussion thread only!

The Moto360 is a reinterpretation of the classic circular wrist watch which makes it a classic in its own right. The display has a near zero bezel, running edge to edge which is a first. I find these two enough to go for it. There's a high novelty value. The screen looks fantastic.

Apparently the screen is off most of the time, and can be turned on with a) a gesture b) touch c) the button.

Wireless charging is the right move.

Negatives:

The screen doesn't have an anti-reflective coating, though, so it will be hard to read outdoors, impossible in the sun.

The battery won't last more than a few years, and sinces it's likely to be non replaceable. This prevents the Moto360 from becoming a true classic worn in the future. Not that important, perhaps, since there will be better versions out in the future, but it makes it less of a classic, more time bound, ephemeral.

Last edited:

CaptainRap

Jun 26, 2014
Find it a little strange the LG is cheaper in the UK, but more expensive in the US.
Went for the Gear, no real decider as they're really similar, hoping as samsung have a history with them the hardware will be a bit better

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013
The Moto360 is a reinterpretation of the classic circular wrist watch which makes it a classic in its own right. The display has a near zero bezel, running edge to edge which is a first. I find these two enough to go for it. There's a high novelty value. The screen looks fantastic.

Good points. I'm a guy who wears a classic round-faced watch everyday and want to get into Android Wear. Moto360 seems to be the right choice for me.

Does the Moto360 actually have Android Wear on it? Why were they allowed to release a bunch of pics and advertise before the I/O while everyone else had to/wanted to wait? What else do we know about it? Price? Release date?

HeroOfTime

Jun 29, 2010
Mountain Green
I was torn on what to get. Obviously the 360's design is fantastic. For a poor graduate student, though, it is going to (likely) be well above my price range at the moment. I have $150 from the recall of my FitBit Force and decided to go with the Gear Live because of the AMOLED screen and the overall design. JR Raphael of PC World and Artem Russakovskii from AndroidPolice both recommended the Gear Live over the G Watch. Neither of them have led me astray yet, so I will take their word.

Once I am done with grad school and have a good job in hand, I will upgrade to something more fancy-schmancy. I'm stoked to get my Gear Live, though!

rikwebb

May 26, 2006
Derby
Ordered the Samsung here in the UK
I wanted the LG until I saw it ....

I think the Samsung looks better, has higher screen res, and the HRM - the other main factor was that Samsung have been making smart watches for a while now, so should have learnt a few things :)

All that said - I like the Moto with the metal strap - so will probably change later in the year --- by which time HTC may have come up with something :)

demitrix

May 20, 2013
I orderded the G watch. Personally think its better looking than the Gear. Hoping the 400mah battery pays off as well. Ultimately hoping whatever HTC has up their sleeves will be as amazing as their phones.

cckchoppers

Feb 26, 2013
I jumped for the Gwatch. I personally like the less flashy design, and chose to support LG over Samsung. Pretty excited to get it! It's a step in the right direction I would say.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Just ordered a Gear Live, G-Watch was tempting but it is more expensive has a worse display and fewer sensors ?
The Motorola Watch is vaporware, this is why Motorola dropped from number one manufacturer to a company bought out by a Chinese corporation. Motorola has not been first to the market with anything in years.

X

x102x96x

i

Still AndroidWear SmartWachtes is are so young
No Camera
No Speak-Mic to Answer Call
and lots of more features.
when i compare androidWear by Tizen Powered SmartWatches I will choose Galaxy Gear2