Micro SD card no longer mounting

Search This thread

shazo85

May 7, 2011
I have been running the stock rom for 4.3. Sunday I saw a message saying that my SD card couldn't be read. I tried it in some at works phone and their phone couldn't read it. Now the new one every time I try to mount it I get the message that its safe to remove.

The rom has been on the phone for a few months now so I don't think its the rom.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I have been running the stock rom for 4.3. Sunday I saw a message saying that my SD card couldn't be read. I tried it in some at works phone and their phone couldn't read it. Now the new one every time I try to mount it I get the message that its safe to remove.

The rom has been on the phone for a few months now so I don't think its the rom.

Sounds like your SD Card may have gone south. You can try SD Formatter to see if you can save the card. Just be sure and backup all your information to your PC / Laptop before you format the SD Card.

SD Formatter 4.0

shazo85

May 7, 2011
I just bought the new one Monday. I guess if that's it then I got a bad one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

shazo85

May 7, 2011
Looks like it could be the phone. I tried to get a PC to see the internal and it won't even install the drivers.

EDIT: My PC can see the external SD I just bought Monday. I formatted it and every time I put it in the phone the phone wants to reformat it. If I plug the phone in it doesn't connect to the PC unless I set it up to connect as a camera and not a media device.

EDIT: Had to unroot and then go into recovery and format back to factory. That was the only way I could get it to work. Not sure what happened to cause it to do this.

Last edited: