[Q] Android Update Help

Search This thread

atmirzaali

May 7, 2014
Dear Members and mods,

Hellow!

I m using Samsung Galaxy Ace S 5830 and my android version is 2.2.1(Original), I want to update to latest version of android, what i want to know is should i update this version of android directly into latest version i.e 4.4.2 or should i update it gradually. Please help me on this small issue and also suggest me which files do i need for update. Your kind cooperation will be very helpful for me. Please reply ASAP because i m waiting for this since too long.

Regards.
ALI

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
Dear Members and mods,

Hellow!

I m using Samsung Galaxy Ace S 5830 and my android version is 2.2.1(Original), I want to update to latest version of android, what i want to know is should i update this version of android directly into latest version i.e 4.4.2 or should i update it gradually. Please help me on this small issue and also suggest me which files do i need for update. Your kind cooperation will be very helpful for me. Please reply ASAP because i m waiting for this since too long.

Regards.
ALI

FIRST OF ALL WRONG SECTION

You must read rules and then post in the correct section...

Next time use the Q&A Thread, thank you for understanding it

It's possible, but you need to update to Gingerbread in order to avoid issues ;)

Here you have a great thread with all the information you need, read it carefully twice and then follow it ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2313363

and here the hubix's Guide

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

Dear Members and mods,

Hellow!

Regards.
ALI

First thing you will need to do is to upgrade to Gingerbread. Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares and drivers (check the "Preparations" section),

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

If your PC cannot recognize the phone, its usually the drivers. Once installed, go to recovery mode (Power off and then hold Home+ Power button) and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

If you are interested in installing the CM 11 KitKat rom, then you can try KitKat for all by @Salim El Yabouri which can be installed from CWM 5. While all other KitKat rom requires you to have CWM 6 which is kinda unstable. Here is the link,

Kitkat For All

Hope I Helped :)