Tablet Mode Mod --Q & A-- !!!!!!

Search This thread

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
I know he made the Mod for his Alpha ICS Rom, BUT it seems to work on most ICS builds so i am making its own Q&A thread so we can stay out of Noteworthy/Seraphim/Dags thread with questions strictly about this Mod.

so this will be for GENERAL QUESTIONS on this Mod from member to member.....what dpi are you running, are you having issues on a certain Rom, things you would like to tell others about your experiance with this Mod running on your phone.

Have at it Yall!!!!!

on my part i love the Mod, im on seraphim and have had NO ISSUES :D

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
Only issues I have are started in the OP, and fc's with Samsung camera deleting a picture and ICS camera switching to panoramic. Besides that running awesome on note worthy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Eric-1987

Jul 6, 2009
I can't get the app drawer to do more then 4x6 no matter the settings. Portrait of course.

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335558037357.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335558037357.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 488

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
im using adw ex, 4d scrolling app drawer, and it does 5 x however many apps you have, it scrolls real smooth too.

really liking the tablet mode, it gives the phone a whole defferent feel overall.

i dont have any market issues after loading another vending apk, no contacts issues, no FC's seems to be almost perfect on this end

thanks Dag

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335558868570.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335558868570.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 480

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
Will this work on the latest saurom rom which is also multi dpi? I dont want to switch roms but i also dont want to mess up my phone.

Coffinfeeder

Jan 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Im having a problem with my gallery not showing all pictures. I've had those problem before but i can't remember the fix. Using dagr8's alpha 2.

72yvf7.pig

Last edited:

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
416e8633-0f92-37fb.jpg
My only issues so far are, the stock browser crashes when opened (downloaded a different) a fc on one of the camera apps and I would really like my weather widget to fill more of the screen (resizing the app doesnt cut it)

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
416e8633-0f92-37fb.jpg
My only issues so far are, the stock browser crashes when opened (downloaded a different) a fc on one of the camera apps and I would really like my weather widget to fill more of the screen (resizing the app doesnt cut it)

Cant you resize widgets in apex.....just long press and edit and make it bigger no??

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
416e8633-0f92-37fb.jpg

Try ics browser +. You will never go back
_____
Cant you resize widgets in apex.....just long press and edit and make it bigger no??
Yes

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011

That's what I meant by "resizing the widget doesn't cut it" I've already stretched it as much as I can with the widget resize feature...which is whats in my screen shot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More fix Comin tomorrow

I know he made the Mod for his Alpha ICS Rom, BUT it seems to work on most ICS builds so i am making its own Q&A thread so we can stay out of Noteworthy/Seraphim/Dags thread with questions strictly about this Mod.

so this will be for GENERAL QUESTIONS on this Mod from member to member.....what dpi are you running, are you having issues on a certain Rom, things you would like to tell others about your experiance with this Mod running on your phone.

Have at it Yall!!!!!

on my part i love the Mod, im on seraphim and have had NO ISSUES :D
    Fixing Contacts Force Close

A lot of posts about problems with People or Phone force closing every time they try opening them. I had the same issue and this cleared it up for me.
    Goto:
    Settings>Applications>All> scroll down to logsprovider and select it. Select Clear Data from the next screen, then reboot your phone.

Worked for me, but I can't post this in the big boy forum due to post count. Credit DAGr8 for the solution in the dev thread post #3133. Anyways, hope this helps someone.
    On the link below on the second picture from the top you can see how they clustered 4 small icons together. Is that a third party application or is it something that can be enabled on tablet mode somewhere?

Nexus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543892

This can be enabled in the launcher settings. For Apex go to folder settings -> Folder Preview, change to Grid -> then remove the folder background.

Here is my current setup.
    can you switch back to phone mode after flashing the tablet MOD?