Remove Completely HTC Sense UI

Search This thread

fulmix

Nov 28, 2012
Hi,
This is a question to @The Android Manual, @MaartenXDA, @Stereo8, and other experts.

I want to delete Sense UI from my stock ROM. What files can I delete from system/app folder?
And if I delete Rosie.apk and I add Trebuchet.apk, did it start automatically as default launcher?

In your Half-Sense or Non.Sense.Revolution, what did you do?

Thanks in advance,
fulmix

Last edited:

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,
This is a question to @The Android Manual, @MaartenXDA, @Stereo8, and other experts.

I want to delete Sense UI from my stock ROM. What files can I delete from system/app folder?
And if I delete Rosie.apk and I add Trebuchet.apk, did it start automatically as default launcher?

In your Half-Sense or Non.Sense.Revolution, what did you do?

Thanks in advance,
fulmix

It should work...Just click on home button and set it as default...However I do not think you should delete Rosie.apk if you want to use other launcher. You can simply set that launcher as your default launcher. I personally like Rosie.apk:cowboy:

fulmix

Nov 28, 2012
R: Remove Completely HTC Sense UI

Yes but I want to remove all files are with htc sense and give an semi-full Aosp-like rom. ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

Stereo8

Oct 24, 2012
Beograd, Serbia
Thanks for calling me an expert... :embarrassed:
So you could delete all Sense Apps and replace them with AOSP ones... (Mail.apk fusion.apk... HTC_IME.apk)
I'll make you a zip to flash to delete the sense apps and replace them with AOSP ones...
Or just flash Non.Sense.Revolution.B2 or Half-Sense 0.7...

SaadCrackz

Jan 5, 2013
Do This....

--- NOTHING --- Cancel this post. ;)

If you want to remove Rosie.apk U can either use aroma file manager or....

1.Boot into Fastboot
2.Connect Phone To Pc
3.Start adb terminal
4.type 'adb shell' (without quotes)
5.rm system/app/rosie.apk

The rm command means remove it can remove any system app

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
I'm simply don't know why people are buying HTC phones and then make a huge effort to remove Sense from it. Sense is one of the main reasons why I buy only HTC phones. If you want to buy phone with vanilla Android go and buy some Nexus model or some ZTE crap that has a stock android installed.

SENSE RULES!!!

Reactions: ckpv5

Stereo8

Oct 24, 2012
Beograd, Serbia
I'm simply don't know why people are buying HTC phones and then make a huge effort to remove Sense from it. Sense is one of the main reasons why I buy only HTC phones. If you want to buy phone with vanilla Android go and buy some Nexus model or some ZTE crap that has a stock android installed.

SENSE RULES!!!

Nexus 4 is expensive... And you know well that you can't get it from Play Store for the $300 price in Serbia...

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

SENSE RULES!!!

Haha... me too... I have Desire, Desire X, One V, One S and One X (previously HTC Elf) all because of Sense.

yea... right... SENSE RULES ;)

Reactions: nlooooo

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Nexus 4 is expensive... And you know well that you can't get it from Play Store for the $300 price in Serbia...

There are other Nexus phones.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Haha... me too... I have Desire, Desire X, One V, One S and One X (previously HTC Elf) all because of Sense.

Desire, Incredible S and now Desire X, with plans for One S (Ville not C version).

fulmix

Nov 28, 2012

Well.. Sincerly I bought Desire X only for Sense and I used it for a month but now for me Sense is only a way to make your phone slower and there are a lot of unused apps.

For this now I like more stock version. Is faster and simple and the ROM I will make will have only 250mb and not 400mb as Sense-based roms.

Stereo8

Oct 24, 2012
Beograd, Serbia
Well.. Sincerly I bought Desire X only for Sense and I used it for a month but now for me Sense is only a way to make your phone slower and there are a lot of unused apps.

For this now I like more stock version. Is faster and simple and the ROM I will make will have only 250mb and not 400mb as Sense-based roms.

So, AOSP or AOSP look?

Sent from my toaster using TapaToast HD

fulmix

Nov 28, 2012

Aosp look xD

fulmix

Nov 28, 2012
Faster :), More Tweaks, Less apps unused, Fonts, Wallpapers, all Sounds from Nexus and more that I will say when I will release it. ;)

MaartenXDA

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Faster :), More Tweaks, Less apps unused, Fonts, Wallpapers, all Sounds from Nexus and more that I will say when I will release it. ;)

That's what I mean.
I don't want to be negative, but all those features are in the other ROMs. Except fonts, but I had that planned for my next update.
It just seems pointless to post your ROM.

Sent from my awesome fridge

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SENSE RULES!!!

SENSE RULES!!!

He can add whatever he wants, maybe the same things you added, but he might give them in better way you never know.

Never post things like this, especially saying pointless, cheer up the other guys trying to make something.

Don't make me made, see my avatar...

Okay look, I agree with you in everything you just said, but I never said his ROM is bad...
    I said "you might want to add", I never said he had to or something like that. I was just giving a tip.
    But, I did change my mind about posting the ROM.

@Fulmix, if you can, it'd be nice if you post the ROM. I might learn something ;)

Sent from my awesome fridge