[April 05] L26 HD2 Rotatingphonecanvas wm6.5.x for Chefs (beta 7)

Search This thread

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
Dear friends,

After investigating several phonecanvas for HD2 like Huashan, Oboe, Rhodium, Topaz on wm6.5.x I've managed to find that latest phonecanvas is capable to autorotate.

I've tried and read about all the fixes that exist for wm6.5.x and managed to patch
phonecanvas so it rotates fine.

Replacing dlls doesn't always work and I taught lets try to do the patches myself so it matches the current phonecanvas.

A special thank to Ultrashot for giving me the final hint here and here

My buddy Cracing I like to thank for helping me out with IDA as that's completely new for me and without him I wouldn't have managed as well.
Today April 1 he also fixed the final issues and the phonecanvas is working beautifull now.

Monx I like to thank for the position fix tip here

Alex~~ for the tip to remove extra scrollbar here

I'm not sure if it will work in all kitchens but I can try to help you if you have any question.

I'm still working to improve the dialer, if I have any updates I will post them. :)

If you have any suggestions/fixes I'm happy to hear them as well so we can make a 100% working dialer.

This is version 5 of the dialer, the softkeys are now fixed too.

Grtz,

Laurentius26 :)

Download the packages:

April 05 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B7
April 01 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B6
March 30 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B5
March 30 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B4

Changelog:

beta 7, with all respect to my friend Cracing but his fix in beta 6 didn't work for me,
after incoming call it's freezing the softkeys in tray and conflicting with the lockscreen.

This fix replaces celltsp.dll, cfghost.exe and cprog.exe in sys, tcputil and pimstore are not needed so I removed.

beta 6, incoming call in landscape dialer popsup/caller ID/buttons all working, credits and thanks to Cracing doing the final steps.
beta 5, position correction in phcan to 0x24 (after a tip from Ultrashot, post #5)
beta 4, scrollbar fix landscape plus softkeys (tip from Cracing to use cprog and pimstore com 5 to fix softkeys)

Landscape1.Png

Landscape2.Png

Portraitdialer.Png

Last edited:

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Dear friends,

After investigating several phonecanvas for HD2 like Huashan, Oboe, Rhodium, Topaz on wm6.5.x I've managed to find that latest phonecanvas is capable to autorotate.

I've tried and read about all the fixes that exist for wm6.5.x and managed to patch

Replacing dlls doesn't always work and I taught lets try to do the patches myself so it matches the current phonecanvas.

My buddy Cracing I like to thank for helping me out with IDA as that's completely new for me and without him I wouldn't have managed as well.

Alex~~ for the tip to remove extra scrollbar here (not in landscape atm)

I'm not sure if it will work in all kitchens but I can try to help you if you have any question.

I'm still working to improve the dialer, if I have any updates I will post them. :)

If you have any suggestions/fixes I'm happy to hear them as well so we can make a 100% working dialer.

This is version 3 of the dialer, the softkeys are now fixed too.

Grtz,

Thanks for the hard work mate

Reactions: Laurentius26

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
Thank you Dotcompt. :)

I think I didn't do the scrollbar fix right as it still shows the scrollbar in landcape.
First update I will post later today after I've tested the dll.

Edit; beta 4 attached with fixed phcanrc.dll for the scrollbar in landscape in first post.

I will update the the thread a bit later, now I must go home.

Last edited:

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
just a note: if you have correct window height then you'll never see scrollbar. Though, it require some more digging into canvas code :)
and... 0x23->0x24... that's much more correct position.

Reactions: Laurentius26

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
Thanks Ultrashot,

I've searched for hex 3430A0E30020A0E3 and changed the first two digits to 23 in phcanhtc.
Isn't that same as you are suggesting?

The fix for scrollbar I still needed to apply in phcanrc.

I will play with it and see if I can correct some more.

just a note: if you have correct window height then you'll never see scrollbar. Though, it require some more digging into canvas code :)
and... 0x23->0x24... that's much more correct position.

SiemensLover

Mar 15, 2008
not @ Home
Seems to work, thanks for your hard work for a dying OS! :)

*I'm still loving my HD2*

Why do u mean that it is a dying OS? what about embedded?

Or u mean that because of WP7?.. i can not understand why people like this new OS, it looks very ugly no realy useable apps.. and so on..

WBR
Siemens Lover

@ Laurentius: some thing is wrong in ur first post (at the begin) .."Attachment 556021Dear friends,"

Last edited:

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Laurentius26, I didn't mean that scrollbar will disappear as soon as you change position :) That was just a note from experienced "position fixer" :D

Reactions: Monfro

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
@Ultrashot,

In portrait no scrollbar with a unmodified phcanrc.
In landscape the scrollbar shows.

I just wanted to try it.

Cheers, i will put phcanrc back in and upload beta 5 with corrected position 0x24 :)

Last edited:

animelover

Dec 21, 2004
Berlin

Why do u mean that it is a dying OS? what about embedded?

Or u mean that because of WP7?.. i can not understand why people like this new OS, it looks very ugly no realy useable apps.. and so on..

WBR
Siemens Lover

---->8-----
I said it because more and more people are switching from WM6.5 to Android, WP7 oder iOS! And even the software support with new apps is decreasing so that was it what I meant with "dying OS"! :)

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Even though I helped Laurentius to successfully patch the dll with the info from Ultrashot, I'm not yet happy. :|

Because I cannot get it working like you guys got it. I mean, while in landscape position of device when I get a call, the incoming call window is black instead of landscape incoming call screen like shown in screenshots. Portrait is fine. :(

However, spending a whole day I still cannot find whats wrong. If I cook com 2 build sys (21913) with same packages, the problem solves.

Cannot understand whats wrong. I swiped, all the packages to leo 3.14 but still same issue. :(

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks...
Best Regards

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
Cracing and me tried about everything.
SYS, OEM, EXT, only Oemxipkernel he didn't touch as he's afraid to brick his device.

He has T-Mous HD2 and I have HTC.

We are out of ideas what can be the cause.

Last edited:

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
The phonecanvas packages are for Chefs as you can't install as cab atm.
If you read first post you would understand.

The packages you can use in a kitchen to cook a rom with it.

That's why I'm posting them in Chef Central ;)

I think you need to start learning how to cook a rom or wait till a custom rom will come. :)

This looks great! but where is the cab for it????:confused:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear friends,

Today April 1 he also fixed the final issues and the phonecanvas is working beautifull now.

Alex~~ for the tip to remove extra scrollbar here

This is version 5 of the dialer, the softkeys are now fixed too.

Grtz,

Download the packages:

April 05 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B7
    April 01 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B6
    March 30 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B5
    March 30 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B4

Changelog:

beta 7, with all respect to my friend Cracing but his fix in beta 6 didn't work for me,
    after incoming call it's freezing the softkeys in tray and conflicting with the lockscreen.

This fix replaces celltsp.dll, cfghost.exe and cprog.exe in sys, tcputil and pimstore are not needed so I removed.

beta 6, incoming call in landscape dialer popsup/caller ID/buttons all working, credits and thanks to Cracing doing the final steps.
    beta 5, position correction in phcan to 0x24 (after a tip from Ultrashot, post #5)
    beta 4, scrollbar fix landscape plus softkeys (tip from Cracing to use cprog and pimstore com 5 to fix softkeys)

Landscape1.Png

Landscape2.Png

Portraitdialer.Png
    There's no cab, this is Chef Central for cooking roms.
    The extended package for phonecanvas you can use in a kitchen and cook a rom with it for testing.

Even if I would make a cab, it wouldn't work on every rom.

That's my question ,too.
    Dear friends,

Alex~~ for the tip to remove extra scrollbar here (not in landscape atm)

This is version 3 of the dialer, the softkeys are now fixed too.

Grtz,

Seems to work, thanks for your hard work for a dying OS! :)

*I'm still loving my HD2*
    Don't You understand what I'm saying ?

OK, so let's explain with pictures.

These are text mode buttons :

attachment.php

These are bubble tiled buttons :

attachment.php

The display mode in use is choosen by swtiching values from this unique registry key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
    "TextModeEnabled"

0 = bubble tiled mode
    1 = text mode

Now if you look at what the "All People" (left softkey) button is displaying, you'll notice it reproduces the "OK" button icon.

It's actually an error, as it should display only text there ; In any case, if it has to display an icon, the "dialer SIP" icon should be shown (the one I reproduced on this picture as the center icon, to get a nicer matching one), not the "OK" key !

So let's prove it always (and wrongly) uses the "OK" key picture there.

Here is my ROM's default "OK" key, as you can see (bottom right) :

attachment.php

The actual icon is choosen according to these registry keys :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\BubbleTile]
    "BubbleTileOKIcon"="\Windows\classicblue_bubble_ok.png"
    "BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"="\Windows\classicblue_bubble_ok_disabled.png"

Now let's do something silly, i.e. use another picture for this button. Anything roaming around will do the trick, for instance :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\BubbleTile]
    "BubbleTileOKIcon"="\Windows\Star.png"
    "BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"="\Windows\Star.png"

Ok, now what do you think you'll see ?

Yes, you're right, this is the new looking "OK" button :

attachment.php

But wait, how does the dialer softkeys look, now ?

Well, the left softkey is still going nuts, as you can see :

attachment.php

Honestly, I'd be happy if this could be fixed. Since the tiny "star" icon I used in this example was much smaller than the original "OK" icon, you can obviously see it even always uses the full theorical icon width, whatever its actual size.

This is just ugly. :(