Sidekick 4G and Tegrak Overclock

Search This thread

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
I'm on Glorious Overdose V2. Has anyone else found a stable overclock yet or is it not stable at all? I'm running at 1.052 GHz and I haven't frozen yet. But anything higher will eventually freeze me.

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
I usually overclock at 1.2 which is relatively stable, once I went up to 1.3 though, after about 5-10 minutes the phone rebooted... lol, usually I think 1.2 is the safest though.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
Flashed Bali 2.2 over Glorious Overdose V2, bricked. Now I gotta ODIN, lol.

Edit : Back to stock, deciding where to go from here I may install GOV2 again, but flashing Bali 2.2 is impossible.

Last edited:

orange808

May 9, 2011
For a quick stress test, try downloading a benchmark app. OpenGL will be where you encounter problems and crashing.

I don't know of any significant overclock that is stable.

Good luck.

Reactions: JiN1337

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
For a quick stress test, try downloading a benchmark app. OpenGL will be where you encounter problems and crashing.

I don't know of any significant overclock that is stable.

Good luck.

Thanks. Well, I ODIN'ed back to KD2 and did a clean install of GOV2. Hopefully I can overclock it, it was feeling a bit slow. And LauncherPro probably isn't the best launcher to use for it.

FixXxeR186

Feb 5, 2012
Colorado
Overclocking with Tegrak at 1.2 GHZ on Glorious Overdose v2 with no issues after a couple hours.

Don't know what the benchmarking really proves, if anything, but mine just hit 1421 after i overclocked. is that good? lol

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
Overclocking with Tegrak at 1.2 GHZ on Glorious Overdose v2 with no issues after a couple hours.

Don't know what the benchmarking really proves, if anything, but mine just hit 1421 after i overclocked. is that good? lol

I usually get around 2000 when I'm overclocked...

Last edited:

FixXxeR186

Feb 5, 2012
Colorado
I usually get around 2000 when I'm overclocked...

that's kinda why i asked if it was a good score or not. i'm pretty noobish but learnin quickly...
does it matter what i'm using to benchmark my device? i'm using quadrant standard, didnt know if they varied in results.

I'm sitting here getting to know Tegrak, there's several settings i'm not sure what to set that might help optimization, doing some further reading on that now.

i also didn't realize that when you use the free version of tegrak OC that you hafta redo the settings anytime reboot. so when i overclocked, rebooted, and ran a benchmarl test, it gave me non overclocked results. so i redid test and got 1690 this time. a far cry from your 2000+ though lol. any suggestions sir?

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
About 2000+ as a Quadrant score while overclocked with 1.2 on GOv2 sounds about right. Although mine crashes if I try to launch a game like Temple Run or something memory intensive. That's why I have to choose a much lower overclock like 1.052 or 1.1.

yoyowhatup22

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks. Well, I ODIN'ed back to KD2 and did a clean install of GOV2. Hopefully I can overclock it, it was feeling a bit slow. And LauncherPro probably isn't the best launcher to use for it.

when i was on GOV2 i was using launcher pro + underclocked to 800mhz and was still butter smooth, and could sustain a 400mhz underclock. (after a day it would lock up and reboot.

orange808

May 9, 2011
Try something like the RD 3D benchmark.

Could also try getting GTA running on your device (provided you have the know how)...

Anyhow, heavy load with OpenGL is likely to crash your device when overclocked. If you can get a "stable" setup, have at it. Good luck.

Reactions: FixXxeR186

Top Liked Posts