light flow lite-led control works great on nexus 4

Search This thread

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
Luckily one of the android blog sites helped test the app so I managed to get a release out before the phone came out. I'd hoped to get one myself, but 10 cart errors later and they'd all gone!

Glad it seems to be working ok. I'm working on improving the calendar reminder notification as they seem to go a little crazy at the moment due to change in the way notifications are displayed now (ie snooze a notification and it won't totally disappear from your notification bar - you won't get an icon, but it's still there when you pull down the bar). So this is causing some extra notifications while on snooze, but I'm hoping to get a fix out for it soon. At least I can recreate it on my galaxy nexus on 4.2.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
I was getting my led glowing randomly since installing so I uninstalled.. Was I doing something wrong?

Also how badly does lightflow affect the battery?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

6i9

May 13, 2011
I have the full version.

I've noticed some colours aren't working properly. eg. Indigo will show the some colour LED as red, Navy and Blue look the same too.
Would really appreciate if someone could make a list of all the true colours that actually work?

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
I was getting my led glowing randomly since installing so I uninstalled.. Was I doing something wrong?

Also how badly does lightflow affect the battery?

Thanks

A couple of things with this. Swiping away notifications won't stop the led at the moment: vote for this android feature request here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23106

Also try adding the light flow debugger widget to a homescreen as that will tell you which notifications it thinks are on.

As for battery drain, I think it varies for different people depending on what settings they use. I try to set the default app settings to be fairly sensible on battery drain.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I have the full version.

I've noticed some colours aren't working properly. eg. Indigo will show the some colour LED as red, Navy and Blue look the same too.
Would really appreciate if someone could make a list of all the true colours that actually work?

I'm planning in a future release to have a section where you can remap the preset colors to new RGB values as it's one of those things that varies a little from phone to phone. The colors were originally based on what the nexus one could manage (it was probably the best phone for color representation) and then tweaked a little for the galaxy nexus.

As I've not seen a nexus 4 (stupid google play checkout errors) yet I've not been able to experiment.

Vinchenson

Nov 17, 2012
I installed the lite app, dunno why, my led was active all the time (white colour), even without notifications or plane mode. I uninstalled the app, and now my led doesnt work (Nexus 4)

PnkPwrRngr

Jul 4, 2010
I'd really like to jump on board with this app, but after a report of "My LED doesn't work anymore" I'm scared. I think I'll wait for the dev to get his own n4 to work out n4 specific kinks/quirks.

rojovelasco

Nov 16, 2012
A couple of things with this. Swiping away notifications won't stop the led at the moment: vote for this android feature request here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23106

Also try adding the light flow debugger widget to a homescreen as that will tell you which notifications it thinks are on.

As for battery drain, I think it varies for different people depending on what settings they use. I try to set the default app settings to be fairly sensible on battery drain.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I'm planning in a future release to have a section where you can remap the preset colors to new RGB values as it's one of those things that varies a little from phone to phone. The colors were originally based on what the nexus one could manage (it was probably the best phone for color representation) and then tweaked a little for the galaxy nexus.

As I've not seen a nexus 4 (stupid google play checkout errors) yet I've not been able to experiment.

Regarding to this, I have to say that the custom color mode works very straight for me, the color that I chose is the colour what I see (taking into account the obvious deviations from IPS and RGB led, of course).

dexter_walrus

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Under Settings there's something that says "Additional LEDs Found" and there's 4 LEDs there:

lcd-backlight control
lm3530 control
pm8xxx-led control
spotlight control

Any idea what these are for?

Thanks

obscure.detour

Apr 20, 2010
Under Settings there's something that says "Additional LEDs Found" and there's 4 LEDs there:

lcd-backlight control
lm3530 control
pm8xxx-led control
spotlight control

Any idea what these are for?

Thanks

Also curious about this.

Also, it does seem to work well so far, but testing the LED in-app does not work. Any idea why this is?

FlukerFlakes

Oct 17, 2012
Just thought I would share that this app works great with the nexus 4. It actually is running flawless for me right now go check it out in play store. You can control your led light on the front of the device with just about any notification and color
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite

I have a weird bug with LightFlow. When it is enabled i will randomly get Accessibility voice when inside chrome. Like, she will say "NEW TAB" or she will call out the page title of every thing. Then if I disable light Flow, the bug is gone.

Would like to use it but if with this here....i can't. Unless i got something set up wrong, but i check all accessibility settings and they are off except for light flow

AmesCell

Feb 20, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I have a weird bug with LightFlow. When it is enabled i will randomly get Accessibility voice when inside chrome. Like, she will say "NEW TAB" or she will call out the page title of every thing. Then if I disable light Flow, the bug is gone.

Would like to use it but if with this here....i can't. Unless i got something set up wrong, but i check all accessibility settings and they are off except for light flow

Check other Lightflow threads. I remember reading about on the S3 thread or GN thread. I've never had it happen, but remember some other people talking about it.

kaiowas82

Apr 21, 2010
Milton Keynes
Tested it a couple of day and is not working properly, light notifications are very slow to get dismissed and sometimes the led blink without a reason

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Using LEDBlinker Pro personally. Works spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

AmesCell

Feb 20, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Tested it a couple of day and is not working properly, light notifications are very slow to get dismissed and sometimes the led blink without a reason

What? No. Outside of only inbox and not priority inbox it's working great. Same as on my S3. It sounds like you didn't properly setup your dismiss settings for how you want it. There are a lot of options.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Luckily one of the android blog sites helped test the app so I managed to get a release out before the phone came out. I'd hoped to get one myself, but 10 cart errors later and they'd all gone!

Glad it seems to be working ok. I'm working on improving the calendar reminder notification as they seem to go a little crazy at the moment due to change in the way notifications are displayed now (ie snooze a notification and it won't totally disappear from your notification bar - you won't get an icon, but it's still there when you pull down the bar). So this is causing some extra notifications while on snooze, but I'm hoping to get a fix out for it soon. At least I can recreate it on my galaxy nexus on 4.2.
    Just thought I would share that this app works great with the nexus 4. It actually is running flawless for me right now go check it out in play store. You can control your led light on the front of the device with just about any notification and color
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite
    i'm on 4.2.2 gmail and it seems like the LED for priority inbox doesn't work. anyone see this problem?

Hopefully fixed by version 3.6.0

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Request for sliding messenger and fusion messenger support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

It's already supported, just make sure you've not disabled the stock notification option in sliding messaging and enable the standard "sms" option.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Seconding the request for Fusion Messenger. Also, I've read that support will be added for Messaging+GV, when can we expect the next update? I'd be willing to help test if it means getting LED notifications for my SMS back sooner :)

Both should be added in the next "non emergency" release!

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

I'm using LF for two days. Today I found a strange problem.

After I finish the call or hang up, and when i turn phone to sleep (screen off) i get notification LED for missed call (because it's red i know it's for missed call-i set red colour led for that kind of notif...)

I I turn off missed call notification in LF, than there's no LED after hang up/finished call.

Anyone with same problem? Any solution for that?

Are you using the stock dialler?

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Just updated my GMail app to the new version and Light Flow immediately crashed.

I'm not positive they're related, but fairly certain as it was working perfectly before that.

I know about that one! I got 15,000 reports in 11 hours. Hopefully 3.6.0 has fixed it for you!

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Has anyone been able to get the new 'Show in DashClock' option to work? I figured we'd have to enable LightFlow in DashClock but it doesn't appear as an extension. I guess it's not done.

It won't do anything (yet). It wasn't supposed to be in the release, but in the mad panic regarding getting over 100 emails per minute (yes per minute) at one point yesterday I quickly pushed out the update.

I quickly hacked out the dashclock options, but missed that setting. Over the next few days I'll put it all back in and release. I just hadn't quite finished it yet so decided to quickly remove it.

Once there, you'll get up to 5 notification options in the dashclock settings page (I can add more if people need more than 5). They will work in priority order (based on the new priority drag and drop settings in lightflow). Yesterday my plans for the evening were to tidy up a few more dashclock options (it's been quite a big thing to add) until gmail pushed their update. Just glad that a few kind google employees had contacted me while it was in beta as it took a good few weeks to actually do the fix.

I didn't have a version of the new release of gmail beta (due to NDA's) and didn't know what was coming, but I did get crash reports of feedback from some kind google folk! Just a shame I didn't have chance to fix the complete next release of lightflow before they pushed the update.

I'm quite enjoying having dashclock show me my traffic delays from google now though via the (upcoming) release of lightflow!
    Hey, good to know that you are working on this. I too had the new hangout installed and found out the LED stopped flashing on my N4. Will be great if you can do a incremental update, first for root user then non-root once you figure it out.

I've just released version 3.7.1 of the app to add basic support for hangouts. No automatic clearing of the notification when read remotely yet. I'm going to work on it for root users and hope if June 10th is android 4.3 day that there's a new API access to this for non root as I'm running out of things to try and everything is tied down to prevent 3rd party access to the information needed.

Changelog for the release is here: http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/website/lightflow/pageId/1693

Also note that if the app runs in the foreground now it'll always show the notification icon. Not something I wanted to do, but google got in touch asking me to do this for a future release of android where they thinking of making it mandatory. They've been quite keen too checking on progress and ensuring it's been added - hopefully that means something new is coming soon!
    Still crashed when uninstalling gmail update. So...I updated the app. The notifications still go through.

Did you uninstall and reinstall the app? Did you install the PA gapps?

New version release (only full so far, working on the lite version)

Version 3.6.1 (Release 1071) - 20 March 2013
    - fix for google now not showing items on some phones
    - added support for labels in gmail in android 4.0 and 4.1 - didn't bother nexus 4 users ;)
    - Fixed gtalk not working
    - Fixes sms's sent from e-mail addresses causing a crash
    - Fixed repeated crashing for some with new notifications (reference to bigDump in the crash report)
    - Removed dashclock reference (until the feature is complete)
    - Added whatsapp contact specific notifications

Known issues: Google labels not showing for some gmail accounts, still looking into this
    Some old entries in the priority list
    Contact specific gmail documentation not yet written