[Q} Is Custom 4.3 running better than Stock Saferooted for you guys?

Search This thread

YevOmega

Aug 17, 2012
Hello. Question from yet another guy afflicted by the Knoxification. I was just wondering if I should flash a custom 4.3 with Saferecovery or if there's no point and it's going to be as laggy as Saferooted Stock. So...have customs like MOAR and Sensations been running better for people who safe-flashed, or do they lag as much as Saferooted Stock? Thanks!

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Hello. Question from yet another guy afflicted by the Knoxification. I was just wondering if I should flash a custom 4.3 with Saferecovery or if there's no point and it's going to be as laggy as Saferooted Stock. So...have customs like MOAR and Sensations been running better for people who safe-flashed, or do they lag as much as Saferooted Stock? Thanks!

First your slowness may due to that you took the OTA upgrade. If you manually Odin flash the stock rom, your phone should run well. I did this on my wife's phone and it's running very smoothly and quick. Second, people reported that custom TW rom should run slightly better than stock, but in my thinking they should have a bit more bugs comparing to stock. My stock 4.3 has no issue at all and running well.

YevOmega

Aug 17, 2012
First your slowness may due to that you took the OTA upgrade. If you manually Odin flash the stock rom, your phone should run well. I did this on my wife's phone and it's running very smoothly and quick. Second, people reported that custom TW rom should run slightly better than stock, but in my thinking they should have a bit more bugs comparing to stock. My stock 4.3 has no issue at all and running well.

A. Flashed 4.3 after soft brick on 4.3 OTA
B. It sunk in today, and it's gotten better. Thanks though.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Does the fone need to be rooted to do a clean instal of 4.3ota

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No, make sure your pc has the correct driver for your phone then just download Odin onto your PC.Put your phone in download mode (power off phone, hold vol down+home+power button, when see the icon hit the volume up, phone should said download) then connect it to your pc, Open Odin, select PDA option, browse to the factory firmware,(after download you must unzip it first, it should be in the .md5 extention), then click go.

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
No, make sure your pc has the correct driver for your phone then just download Odin onto your PC.Put your phone in download mode (power off phone, hold vol down+home+power button, when see the icon hit the volume up, phone should said download) then connect it to your pc, Open Odin, select PDA option, browse to the factory firmware,(after download you must unzip it first, it should be in the .md5 extention), then click go.

Awesome thanks..

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Are the drivers to clean install the same drivers i used wen i did the odin to stock?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Awesome thanks..

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Are the drivers to clean install the same drivers i used wen i did the odin to stock?

Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Its for my bro he has the 4.3OTA.. Im reading the gumny rom it suggests to install the ML1 firmware.. I thought that locks my bootloader