As nightmares go, this one is bad. [JB bootloader]

Search This thread

cooljoe30

Jul 17, 2014
Hey guys,
I'm smack dab in the middle of a damn nightmare:
I sent in my tablet for RMA(broken digitizer). During this time i discover the sweet world of rooting and fell in love with Cyan11. I planned to unlock, flash, flash and then enjoy my tablet to the fullest because i wanted something new(and the stock ROM was getting tedius...And its a buggy and/or slow piece of S***).

Finally i got my tablet in the mail and did something stupid:I downloaded the OTA update. I then installed the tool and ran it but i got the infamous "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please try again later". Tried everything i could: reseting...thats about it.

I want to ask is there a possibility that the tool may work if i down grade to an earlier build of 4.2.1 or jump directly to 4.1?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus Tranfsformer pad tf300t

Android 4.2.1
Build: US 10.6.1.27.5-20130902

Reactions: b..c

b..c

Jul 6, 2014
Hey guys,
I sent in my tablet for RMA(broken digitizer). During this time i discover the sweet world of rooting and fell in love with Cyan11. I planned to unlock, flash, flash and then enjoy my tablet to the fullest because i wanted something new(and the stock ROM was getting tedius...And its a buggy and/or slow piece of S***).

Finally i got my tablet in the mail and did something stupid:I downloaded the OTA update. I then installed the tool and ran it but i got the infamous "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please try again later". Tried everything i could: reseting...thats about it.

I want to ask is there a possibility that the tool may work if i down grade to an earlier build of 4.2.1 or jump directly to 4.1?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Android 4.2.1

HI cooljoe30,

Can you specify the "tool" , and it seems like you're in the right position to move towards KK. I can't tell what's you problem please be clear.

cooljoe30

Jul 17, 2014
HI cooljoe30,

Can you specify the "tool" , and it seems like you're in the right position to move towards KK. I can't tell what's you problem please be clear.

Sure. Asus's site is really wired but basically you go here:
service asus com/#!downloads/c1wax

and navigate to the tf300t download page.
Select android

Select utilities and its the 3rd option from there.

Thanks.

b..c

Jul 6, 2014
Sure. Asus's site is really wired but basically you go here:
service asus com/#!downloads/c1wax

and navigate to the tf300t download page.
Select android

Select utilities and its the 3rd option from there.

Thanks.

Ok cooljoe30, so I took and from what I see you tried to use the unlock bootloader app vr8 android 4.2? Is that correct? Also I would like to know what you meant by downloading the ota update?

Last edited:

HDias

Oct 7, 2013
Hey guys,

Android 4.2.1

The only way I've got it to work was after I register the tablet with asus. After that you have to wait more or less one day and then try again.
If that doesn't do the trick, and since you have RMA, maybe you have to contact Asus support so they can tell you what to do.
Make sure you got the right unlock tool from the Asus download page.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Android 4.2.1