DEV ONLY - NAND access + Full Unlock for Lumia 710 & 800

Search This thread

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
That is true, but was that true even before we put the custom bootloaders?

Because IF one had a Qualcomm bootloader and then flashed and got a NOKIA DLOAD, then most probably it was done using NCS. Unless the only way to 'lock' you Qualcomm bootloader is by actually flashing a NOKIA DLOAD ROM using QPST for the first time, and then NCS would work thereafter

We do not even have custom boot loaders at the moment because we do not have a valid private key to create the required associated certificate, but I may be wrong. The Qualcomm loader also requires a certificate, but for the Lumia 710 Nokia has (presumably by error) put the Qualcomm Loader + associated certificate on their firmware repository. Someone got the hands on that before Nokia removed it. So if you got a 710 you can flash the Qualcomm Loader on your phone.

It may be the fact that we overwrite the OS partition with dd that changes something so that NCS refuses to flash. Because indeed it can update from Qualcomm to Nokia DLOAD BL. Or maybe the supplied Qualcomm Loader is an very early version that never got on a production phone and therefor NCS does not support this version?

ombadboy

Oct 11, 2008
London
We do not even have custom boot loaders at the moment because we do not have a valid private key to create the required associated certificate, but I may be wrong. The Qualcomm loader also requires a certificate, but for the Lumia 710 Nokia has (presumably by error) put the Qualcomm Loader + associated certificate on their firmware repository. Someone got the hands on that before Nokia removed it. So if you got a 710 you can flash the Qualcomm Loader on your phone.

It may be the fact that we overwrite the OS partition with dd that changes something so that NCS refuses to flash. Because indeed it can update from Qualcomm to Nokia DLOAD BL. Or maybe the supplied Qualcomm Loader is an very early version that never got on a production phone and therefor NCS does not support this version?

sorry what I meant was custom ROMS.. Exacltly what I was saying before.. Something happens when we flash using dd, which doesnt allow NCS to flash anymore, whereas before any custom flashing (using dd) was made, NCS could flash a Lumia (with Qualcomm bootloader) to any ROM without any issues..

beidl

Apr 30, 2009
Vienna
fredl.me
HeathCliff, Im trying (hard) to run native executables in system mode. Im trying to make haret run in system mode to be able to run telnetd and do some hardware digging. So far I was able to autorun it when the phone boots, got to replace the search button to be another start button (i think you can get four or five touch buttons if you want) but I cant find a way to run the damn thing with permissions. I know you were looking into it to code into your root tools, but I was wondering, do you know anyway to patch it somehow on the registry, or on policies db, just to make it work, at least once? I need to find mddi regs and gpio config for this phone...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

I've found something interesting in the registry which could help us with LK.
Take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Primary\<MaybeThePanelName>.
It has the configuration for VSync and HSync of the display. Might be useful.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

biktor_gj

Jan 25, 2008
I've found something interesting in the registry which could help us with LK.
Take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Primary\<MaybeThePanelName>.
It has the configuration for VSync and HSync of the display. Might be useful.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Nice to see you're on it too :)
(Note this is for lumia 800 only) So far, about the lcd, the lumia 800 uses a Samsung display, codenamed 'Pyrenees'. Its an amoled display, it uses some gpios for enabling or disabling it, but the thing is it has some kind of power regulator that needs to be initialized, and communication is done over MDDI, for which I cannot find the addresses. Reset commands and init sequence can be ported from the N9 kernel source, but since the N9 uses an omap cpu, it communicates in another way with the lcd (DSS). Thats the main reason why I need to get haret running in system mode, to be able to sniff that out. Im also checking on winmo drivers for clues, but without any idea of assembler (even less arm assembler) that is hard to say the least. I think I figured out (at least in part) why I cant start a kernel from LK (machtypes messed out and badly declared memory base and addresses). If I enable MDDI on LK it doesnt even start for now.
On hklm/drivers/display/primary, it only shows it uses ddi.dll (i guess direct draw interface) and resolutions which dont make sense (640x480)
However, on hklm/drivers/touch, you can find parts of the settings for the actual lcd, along with the settings to change the behaviour of the soft keys (back, win, search)

Each time I look at this phone, I feel ashamed for Nokia. And sorry for all the fired developers too. For what Ive seen on codeaurora, it seems like the lumia was going to be the N9. There are references of commits by people inside Nokia fixing things both in LK and the msm kernel for the Searay (lumia). Each day I work with this thing, I hate Stephen Elop a little more...

beidl

Apr 30, 2009
Vienna
fredl.me
Nice to see you're on it too :)
(Note this is for lumia 800 only) So far, about the lcd, the lumia 800 uses a Samsung display, codenamed 'Pyrenees'. Its an amoled display, it uses some gpios for enabling or disabling it, but the thing is it has some kind of power regulator that needs to be initialized, and communication is done over MDDI, for which I cannot find the addresses. Reset commands and init sequence can be ported from the N9 kernel source, but since the N9 uses an omap cpu, it communicates in another way with the lcd (DSS). Thats the main reason why I need to get haret running in system mode, to be able to sniff that out. Im also checking on winmo drivers for clues, but without any idea of assembler (even less arm assembler) that is hard to say the least. I think I figured out (at least in part) why I cant start a kernel from LK (machtypes messed out and badly declared memory base and addresses). If I enable MDDI on LK it doesnt even start for now.
On hklm/drivers/display/primary, it only shows it uses ddi.dll (i guess direct draw interface) and resolutions which dont make sense (640x480)
However, on hklm/drivers/touch, you can find parts of the settings for the actual lcd, along with the settings to change the behaviour of the soft keys (back, win, search)

Each time I look at this phone, I feel ashamed for Nokia. And sorry for all the fired developers too. For what Ive seen on codeaurora, it seems like the lumia was going to be the N9. There are references of commits by people inside Nokia fixing things both in LK and the msm kernel for the Searay (lumia). Each day I work with this thing, I hate Stephen Elop a little more...

Ok, I think I've looked at the wrong place...
When I take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Settings\ILCDC I can see the right V/HSync configs (it shows the right resolution in VisibleDisplayHeight and Width).
I'll try these values tomorrow and see if I can get further in progress (I guess the ILCDC tree name MIGHT indicate that the 710's screen is connected through the LCDC interface... :D I've always guessed it thanks to some nice papers and documents that I've found on the interwebs... ;))
Edit: The only thing bugging me is that its ID is shown as a 4.3" display... I guess that means digging deeper.
Edit2: I'll try the values from the tree I mentioned earlier, the treename says INONE_COOPER7430, might be the panel name, and it shows the right values (what the hell was I reading at the beginning of this post).
When I once misconfigured my hackintoshes display sync and lines settings, not even the backlight would turn on, so this might be the key to get the display at least somewhat working.
If you get some information about running haret with full system privileges, tell me, I'd need it as well. ^^

Last edited:

biktor_gj

Jan 25, 2008
Ok, I think I've looked at the wrong place...
When I take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Settings\ILCDC I can see the right V/HSync configs (it shows the right resolution in VisibleDisplayHeight and Width).
I'll try these values tomorrow and see if I can get further in progress (I guess the ILCDC tree name MIGHT indicate that the 710's screen is connected through the LCDC interface... :D I've always guessed it thanks to some nice papers and documents that I've found on the interwebs... ;))
Edit: The only thing bugging me is that its ID is shown as a 4.3" display... I guess that means digging deeper.
On lumia 800:
HLKM\Drivers\Display\Settings:
Debug -> Empty
EBI2 -> ID=2.2in QVGA Toshiba/Rodem2 (240x320) <-- Could this be msm7630surf's MDDI Toshiba display shown in LK?
LCDC -> ID=4.3in WVGA Optrex
ILCDCgordon -> VGA Sharp Gordon (640x480) <-- Could this be msm7630surf's default Sharp display shown in LK?

Since 710's LCD is different, and it has hardware buttons instead of using part of the LCD and the touchscreen as soft buttons, maybe the implementation is 'cleaner' in the 710 and uses that code... god knows what the did in there..

The second problem with 800's lcd is that it's not 800x48, but 865x480, so, even if we get to power it up, we'll still need to patch a lot of stuff so it doesn't end up showing things under the covered part of the screen... will keep digging!

Anyway, you might want to take a look at n9's source code just in case...
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/harmattan/free/k/kernel/
And also. Desire HD's source (also based on msm7630):
http://dl4.htc.com/RomCode/Source_and_Binaries/ace30-gb-mr-2.6.35-f654f7b.tar.gz
Last but not least, codeaurora sources:
https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/q...it;h=43e90f352509a1715366a871001d43050f2e859c (just one of the reasons why I think the original N9 is the lumia...)

Reactions: Briefcase

beidl

Apr 30, 2009
Vienna
fredl.me
On lumia 800:
HLKM\Drivers\Display\Settings:
Debug -> Empty
EBI2 -> ID=2.2in QVGA Toshiba/Rodem2 (240x320) <-- Could this be msm7630surf's MDDI Toshiba display shown in LK?
LCDC -> ID=4.3in WVGA Optrex
ILCDCgordon -> VGA Sharp Gordon (640x480) <-- Could this be msm7630surf's default Sharp display shown in LK?

Since 710's LCD is different, and it has hardware buttons instead of using part of the LCD and the touchscreen as soft buttons, maybe the implementation is 'cleaner' in the 710 and uses that code... god knows what the did in there..

The second problem with 800's lcd is that it's not 800x48, but 865x480, so, even if we get to power it up, we'll still need to patch a lot of stuff so it doesn't end up showing things under the covered part of the screen... will keep digging!

Anyway, you might want to take a look at n9's source code just in case...
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/harmattan/free/k/kernel/
And also. Desire HD's source (also based on msm7630):
http://dl4.htc.com/RomCode/Source_and_Binaries/ace30-gb-mr-2.6.35-f654f7b.tar.gz
Last but not least, codeaurora sources:
https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/q...it;h=43e90f352509a1715366a871001d43050f2e859c (just one of the reasons why I think the original N9 is the lumia...)

I've got the same entries, might be true to every msm8x55/msm7x30 chipset based WP7 phone.
As long as the 800 does not have the tree HKLM\Drivers\Display\Primary\INONE_COOPER7430, I can be 99.9% sure that it's the correct config for the 710.
It may be the cheaper looking phone, but I hope it's more hackable :D

Last edited:
Reactions: GeBoe

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010
Are you guys digging out this information by hooking up your phones in mass storage mode and searching through the registry on your PCs?

If so, let me know if there's anything useful I might be able to dig up for you guys, as a Lumia 710 user. I have no experience with this stuff but I'll be willing to get my hands a little dirty if it means I can contribute anything. (This is my primary phone though, so I'd prefer not to flash anything at this point since I'd like to keep it in working order)

If I understand correctly, it seems you guys are more focused on getting Linux running than developing custom WP ROMs, right?

Last edited:

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
Are you guys digging out this information by hooking up your phones in mass storage mode and searching through the registry on your PCs?

If so, let me know if there's anything useful I might be able to dig up for you guys, as a Lumia 710 user. I have no experience with this stuff but I'll be willing to get my hands a little dirty if it means I can contribute anything. (This is my primary phone though, so I'd prefer not to flash anything at this point since I'd like to keep it in working order)

If I understand correctly, it seems you guys are more focused on getting Linux running than developing custom WP ROMs, right?

They are trying to develop a boot loader using the standard qualcomm sources. This way we I assume they can left out the 'certificate checking before flashing'-mechanism. Once that's done we can load whatever we like to our phones. For example a customized WP7.5 ROM(*) or even Android. Android will only be possible if android itself has the required drivers available, so that's one step further away from WP7.5 custom roms. As the Lumia series use pretty standard hardware i guess once we have the unlocked boot loader a andriod rom for the lumia series is not far ahead though.

They now face the problem of getting the display and buttons to work with the qualcomm sources. This requires specific settings which are unknow. We have to revive these settins from the Nokia altered Qualcomm and/or Nokia DLOAD loader but that requires some serious ARM disassembly skills. Alternative way is looking in the WP7 registry (dumped from the phone) and see if that gives us any useful information. Once the display and buttons are working, debugging becomes a lot easier (because we can actually see what happens/where it's stuck) and from then on I guess it's not that hard to complete the loader for our experts here ;-).

Please note that the unlocked loader is just one part of the puzzle. We also need a method for getting the thing onto our devices. Lumia owners with the Nokia Qualcomm loader are in luck because that allows overwriting the loader by dd-ing over another partition. Owners of Nokia DLOAD bootloaders are in luck if they own a 710 because we captured the Nokia Qualcomm loader from the Nokia repository along with a valid certificate and so anyone can flash this loader. Lumia 800 owners with DLOAD are OUT of luck because we have no way to get the newly created unlocked loader (once ready) onto their phones.

It seems this last mentioned problem for the Lumia 800 is hard to tackle (no recent posts about it). But hey we know they are working hard!

(*) Note custom rom means a flashable format ROM, eg, the onces you can find on the Nokia firmware repository. The method available now (overwriting a partition using dd) is just bypassing the bootloader and not a preferred method.

Note: this is just how I see the current situation, I may be wrong. Please correct.

rOzzy1987

Feb 22, 2010
Budapest
but bit annoying about the 800 DLOAD, sad to see people around with a 710 unlocked and dunno wat to do after they unlock it! o_O

Well that's not rare. Once I met a guy who was excited about that his iPhone would be jailbroken that day by his friend. I asked why he would like it to be jailbroken. He said "I don't know yet, it could be useful sometime".

I can assure you that I do know what to do with my 710 :). Since I know C# pretty well but never made games, I will learn XNA deveopment (for free, yay :p).

Oh, and please XDA, create a forum for the 710 already!

surya467

Well that's not rare. Once I met a guy who was excited about that his iPhone would be jailbroken that day by his friend. I asked why he would like it to be jailbroken. He said "I don't know yet, it could be useful sometime".

I can assure you that I do know what to do with my 710 :). Since I know C# pretty well but never made games, I will learn XNA deveopment (for free, yay :p).

Oh, and please XDA, create a forum for the 710 already!

ur right....for ppl who knw wat it is.its a huge advantage...for ppl who dont knw...o_O they DONT KNW! :p

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Latest version of the full unlocked ROM by lucifer3006
For Lumia 710 only

Based on belgium 1600.3030.8773.12120
24 languages.

• full unlock by ultrashot
  • no Nokia OEM applications built in.
  • search key remapping
  • Bazaar
  • WP7 Root Tools
  • WPH Tweaks
  • Some new themes
  • XAP Deployer
  • Google and Yandex added as search providers
  • WiFi "n"-mode
  • xb0xmod certificate
  • cab-updatable.
  • updatability via Zune or official cabs ISN'T GUARANTEED.

Known issues:
  • Included applications may return after uninstallation even after deleting.
  • No Live ID - get new from MS or use DppImplant.
  • ODDT (Diagnostic Tools) not included - download it from attachments.

Always backup all the data on your phone!
Only for Lumia 710.
Author isn't responsible for any damage to your device. Sharing on other sites is possible if you keep author's name.
(C) lucifer3006

Download:
Mediafire
Mirror

Attachments

• ODDT.xap
    822 KB · Views: 157

beidl

Apr 30, 2009
Vienna
fredl.me
For Lumia 710 only

24 languages.

• search key remapping
  • Bazaar
  • WP7 Root Tools
  • WPH Tweaks
  • Some new themes
  • XAP Deployer
  • WiFi "n"-mode
  • xb0xmod certificate
  • cab-updatable.

Known issues:

Only for Lumia 710.
Author isn't responsible for any damage to your device. Sharing on other sites is possible if you keep author's name.
(C) lucifer3006

Download:
Mediafire
Mirror

Awesome, downloading as i type.
How's the progress on running Hare7, or rather running it with full system privileges? Seems like it doesn't want to run on my 710.

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
how the hell I have to keep pressing POWER at least 10s to out from bootloader if Lumia 710 does not support it?

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
Ok I did it by pulling out battery and then HR. But I cant find any of this apps or extra themes etc...I can install many apps but not the ones with fullinterop required...any clue?

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

For Lumia 710 only

24 languages.

• search key remapping
  • Bazaar
  • WP7 Root Tools
  • WPH Tweaks
  • Some new themes
  • XAP Deployer
  • WiFi "n"-mode
  • xb0xmod certificate
  • cab-updatable.

Known issues:

Only for Lumia 710.
(C) lucifer3006

Download:
Mediafire
Mirror

Are You sure You uploaded correct file? I have nothing from Your list

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: First custom rom with Interop Unlock flashed succesfully. Requires hard reset after installing and an unlocked bootloader. See post for proof:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24818275&postcount=242
    BIG THANK YOU TO ULTRASHOT!
    Without you I couldn't have done it!
    NOTICE: Testing full unlock (XIP unlock etc) with ultrashot. Will post new files as soon as I get a working build which doesn't get stucked on boot ;)

Disclaimer:
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU LOOSE DATA, BREAK YOUR PHONE, OR SET YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. BTW, REQUIRES A HARD RESET SO YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THE DATA IN YOUR PHONE BY FLASHING THIS. IF UNSURE, DON'T DO IT.
    PLEASE STOP PM'ING ME FOR HELP, I CAN'T REPLY 20 PMS/HR. Please use the forum, maybe someone can create a discussion topic to help others and leave this for links and development. Thank you very much!

PLEASE STOP SENDING ME PMS ASKING FOR HELP AND USE THE DEDICATED THREAD
    THIS THREAD IS FOR DEVELOPMENT ONLY, PLEASE RESPECT THAT AND USE THE Q&A THREAD FOR YOUR QUESTIONS.
    LINKS:
    Lumia 800: Full Unlock
    New firmware: May 16, 2012 (removed foursquare and stuff)
    sdb3.rar: Flash it to PARTITION #3. It contains 12070's amss & adsp. Not absolutely required but if you have an older version this should give you better battery life.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kwjladlgvq81rha
    OS-NEW:
    As always, flash it to PARTITION #9.
    Part1: http://www.mediafire.com/?21by2oj7acnhkhw
    Part2: http://www.mediafire.com/?wkeduvp9l4199qh
    Part3: http://www.mediafire.com/?cnbkms40dy4y06z
    Part4: http://www.mediafire.com/?rabunpmnaqclq3o
    Complete Mediafire folder access: http://www.mediafire.com/?uo2dqcl34b9cy
    Part3: http://www.mediafire.com/?l0sl5hbr0v9gfi1
    Part4: http://www.mediafire.com/?emt2dfswdhn0z0w
    Apps preinstalled:
    DS Supertool
    File Deployer
    Metro Theme
    WebServer
    WinTT
    WM Device Center
    WP7 Root Tool

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d3bj3dkfbffbakn
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l35zjaebdrsm315
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ys5bapu8ubezybo
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnadd4uuoxhatv3
    CAUTION: I don't have a 710, so these images AREN'T TESTED. Use at your own risk. Be careful, people are reporting problems with this rom.
    Full Unlock Image for Lumia 710 by lucifer3006 -BE CAREFUL, IT HAS BUGS, FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY- (thanks ultrashot & lucifer3006): http://www.mediafire.com/?p3318y5l19abb

You have a mirror of all the stuff on mediafire on xdafil.es: http://xdafil.es
    Thank you mousey_!

PLEASE DO A FULL BACKUP OF THE NAND BEFORE PLAYING AROUND.
    If you are developing fixes for the bootloader 'problem', feel free to grab a copy of the rest of partitions and stuff I posted over this thread here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kknt4lnc3tn7w

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Requires an unlocked bootloader (a.k.a. qualcomm development bootloader).
    Easy to check: Turn the phone OFF, then press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER until you notice a short vibration. Plug in to the computer. If the phone turns up in disk mode (USB Mass Storage Device), then you have an unlocked bootloader. IF you're in Windows, it will ask if you want to format the disk. SAY NO OR IT WILL EXPLODE (it won't explode but you might break it)
    If the device detected by the computer is Nokia DLOAD you have a locked bootloader and you're out of luck, at least for now.

I used 'dd' in Linux, I guess you can do it with Windows version too (http://www.chrysocome.net/dd) but it's more involved to find the appropiate partition:
    dd if=./os-new.nb of=/dev/sdX9
    Where X is the disk detected by your linux distribution.
    After that, you'll need to hard reset the phone. Hold Power button for 10 seconds to exit Qualcomm's disk mode, and press and hold POWER+VOLUMEDOWN+CAMERA until you feel the phone vibrate. After that, RELEASE power button but KEEP HOLDING volume down + camera for five or more seconds. This will trigger the hard reset.

Now time to play with bootloaders and try to get this to work for everyone!

If you like my work and want to donate for a beer (or two), follow this link
    I'd suggest renaming on of the colors. Would be great if it was possible to interop the phone without losing data.

Well, you can always make a backup and then restore via zune. The thing is the dumped OS is about 600Mb, the generated image is 378Mb. I don't know how it will reside on the flash, you could always check where the flash starts to get filled with zeros and clean it up before the first boot... If they had done it right and separated user data from the main OS we wouldn't have this problem...

INTEROP UNLOCK ACHIEVED!

Now time for a nice beeer ;)
    I'll put mediafire to work and upload the image I just did. Everyone who has an unlocked bootloader: after you flash this to the phone, DO A HARD RESET, otherwise it will get stucked on 'Installing Applications'
    Hey everyone,

I was hoping to be able to crack Nokia's osbl, but time already run out and wasn't able to get it. So sorry, guys, but I had to return both Lumias. It's been a fun month, and at least I helped getting custom roms for at least some of you.

I'll be uploading here all the files I have on my computer so anyone can mirror them or use them for whatever you might need. If I can help you with something else (development related please) feel free to drop me a PM.

Once again big thank you to Ultrashot, Beidl, Xsacha, cdbase, ceesheim, HeathCliff & everyone that helped out with this. Now back to my (almost) forgotten Galaxy S2 & to try Boot 2 Gecko and see what progress has been done since the last time I checked :)
    Btw, here is my DppImplant app.
    Implants DPP partition with your stock Live Id to a custom rom.
    Usage:
    1) Put backup of the biggest partition to the folder with DppImplant.exe and call it "stock.nb"
    2) Put "os-new.nb" there - target firmware in which you want to see your old Live Id.
    3) Open DppImplant.exe. It will extract DPP from stock.nb and create mydpp.bin file. (After that you won't really need to have stock.nb in that folder).
    "os-new.nb" will be patched.
    4) Done.

P.S. if you open DPP using Notepad or any hex editor, you'll see saved Live Id.
    Ok L710 fully unlocked :)
    Those 2 parts are wrong. I used to narod.ru

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rQbFp7yasc

CAN WE KEEP THIS FOR DEVELOPMENT ONLY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSEEEEE?

Gift from our friends at Qualcomm:

Full AMSS firmware + Secboot Sources (Qualcomm loader)! Grab it while it's hot!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ir2h15f663ja6wc