Battery question mark on boot

Search This thread

AKARaccoon

Oct 15, 2010
South Pomfret
http://imgur.com/OxMh838

I just replaced my battery in the Droid 4, since my previous battery swelled up and started leaking. Motorola said they would cover it, even if it was out of the warranty, but they returned my phone with the battery ripped off, saying that "user mistreatment" was the reason they couldn't uphold their promise.

So, I installed a new battery from Amazon, and this is the issue that I get.

I was able to get into Android for a while, but after the charge died, this is all I get. I've tried quite a few things to be able to flash, anything, but no luck.

Any ideas out there? :/

Heh, well this is the replacement battery. Was hoping a brand new one wouldn't be broken, and don't really feel like spending another 35 bucks on this phone. Guess it's time to trash it. Thanks man.
If you are seeing that on both batteries, then I would check the connections on the phone. Between the two screw battery terminals, there are a couple of connectors that stick up - gently give them a scrape with something abrasive. If there is some dirt of corrosion on there, then it may be possible that they aren't making good contact with the terminals on the battery cable.

AKARaccoon

Oct 15, 2010
South Pomfret
If you are seeing that on both batteries, then I would check the connections on the phone. Between the two screw battery terminals, there are a couple of connectors that stick up - gently give them a scrape with something abrasive. If there is some dirt of corrosion on there, then it may be possible that they aren't making good contact with the terminals on the battery cable.

Gonna ask a stupid question.

Do the screws need to be in for it to actually register a battery? :p

dlucio

Jun 30, 2010
Did you fix your phone? i have same issue, i have clean connectors but i have not success