How's ElementalX 0.9 Treating your AT&T M8?

Search This thread

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Like the title says, hows ElementalX treating your AT&T M8? I am considering installing for the undervolting option, but I'd like to hear from people already using it. Do you notice any differences? If so what are they?

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Like the title says, hows ElementalX treating your AT&T M8? I am considering installing for the undervolting option, but I'd like to hear from people already using it. Do you notice any differences? If so what are they?

I installed the kernel with stock options, no undervolting, just sweep-to-sleep. I haven't had it long enough to comment on the battery life but I have about 1.5 hours of screen time right now and I am at 60%, also have been unplugged for 9 hours...so quite a while on standby as well. I'm thinking the battery life will be close to on-par with stock kernel at this rate.

I really like the sweep feature, and also GFX on games are more smooth for sure. Not that they weren't already but I notice a small difference. Thought about undervolting in the future, but as the maker of the kernel states, you don't really need to overclock this device, its already super snappy

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I installed the kernel with stock options, no undervolting, just sweep-to-sleep. I haven't had it long enough to comment on the battery life but I have about 1.5 hours of screen time right now and I am at 60%, also have been unplugged for 9 hours...so quite a while on standby as well. I'm thinking the battery life will be close to on-par with stock kernel at this rate.

I really like the sweep feature, and also GFX on games are more smooth for sure. Not that they weren't already but I notice a small difference. Thought about undervolting in the future, but as the maker of the kernel states, you don't really need to overclock this device, its already super snappy

Hmmm. I think I'm gonna stick to stock. I have 18 hours since I unplugged and 2.5 of screen on. Battery at 70%.

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Hmmm. I think I'm gonna stick to stock. I have 18 hours since I unplugged and 2.5 of screen on. Battery at 70%.

How is this possible lol? I would love to know how you're getting 2.5 Hours screen on time and 18 hours off charger. Do you mean 2.5 hours awake? or Screen on?

By the time I reached 3 hours screen time, even with the stock kernel, I was getting down to the end of my battery

Pure+

May 28, 2013
How is this possible lol? I would love to know how you're getting 2.5 Hours screen on time and 18 hours off charger. Do you mean 2.5 hours awake? or Screen on?

By the time I reached 3 hours screen time, even with the stock kernel, I was getting down to the end of my battery

Screen on. I don't have a screenshot because I had to restart my phone due the ringer not working. But if I'll get some on my next charge.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Screen on. I don't have a screenshot because I had to restart my phone due the ringer not working. But if I'll get some on my next charge.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes definitely - I guess I should ask if you're doing anything special? What ROM you're running etc. I got 3 hrs 15 minutes of screen time and 18 hours off charger last night and I was sitting at 8%. Granted I play games throughout the day so without that I would probably be getting somewhere closer to 4 hours screen time, but still that doesn't even touch the rate you're going which would be roughly 10 hours of screen time on a full 100% to 0% charge

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Yes definitely - I guess I should ask if you're doing anything special? What ROM you're running etc. I got 3 hrs 15 minutes of screen time and 18 hours off charger last night and I was sitting at 8%. Granted I play games throughout the day so without that I would probably be getting somewhere closer to 4 hours screen time, but still that doesn't even touch the rate you're going which would be roughly 10 hours of screen time on a full 100% to 0% charge

Stock Everything. Unlocked Bootloader Via HTC Dev. Rooted. Twrp Recovery. Xposed Framework w/ Sense 6 Toolbox. I run battery saver setting on at all times because I have no need for full processing power and data should always sleep while the phone is sleeping IMO. But I leave Haptic on and don't have it auto reduce brightness.

Last I had charged My phone to 100% on thursday night. Unplugged and did not plug back in until Monday night. That's the most I have gotten so far. Right now I'm at 34.5 hours since charging with 56% charge left and roughly 3.25 to 2.5 hours of screen on. I don't plan on having charging until tomorrow evening, but i still have my mophie external just in case.

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Stock Everything. Unlocked Bootloader Via HTC Dev. Rooted. Twrp Recovery. Xposed Framework w/ Sense 6 Toolbox. I run battery saver setting on at all times because I have no need for full processing power and data should always sleep while the phone is sleeping IMO. But I leave Haptic on and don't have it auto reduce brightness.

Last I had charged My phone to 100% on thursday night. Unplugged and did not plug back in until Monday night. That's the most I have gotten so far. Right now I'm at 34.5 hours since charging with 56% charge left and roughly 3.25 to 2.5 hours of screen on. I don't plan on having charging until tomorrow evening, but i still have my mophie external just in case.

Ah, I think that might do the trick there...I have my screen on full brightness, data is on at all times, and I click off power-saver when it comes on because it makes my screen dark lol...I think those differences right there would settle the confusion on my part!

Thanks for sharing, I know if I ever get in a bind where I won't have a charger for a few days, I'll use the Pure+ Method haha

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Ah, I think that might do the trick there...I have my screen on full brightness, data is on at all times, and I click off power-saver when it comes on because it makes my screen dark lol...I think those differences right there would settle the confusion on my part!

Thanks for sharing, I know if I ever get in a bind where I won't have a charger for a few days, I'll use the Pure+ Method haha

Lol. Sound great to me! You can always change the power saver setting to not reduce brightness and not reduce processing power. Then it will just sleep data connection and some background data. That could increase your usage by a couple hours most likely.

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
im happy with it.
i beleive i flashed it to over clock 2.7 (Cant remember)

37hrs of battery life right now at 28% remaining with 4.5 hours of screen on time