Skins

Search This thread

bigslimoid

Jan 2, 2012
Is there any way to application a skin with out it over riding half the themed pngs in the htcresorces.apk?
Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
If you want to make a skin then you need to start by modifying your own htcresources.apk. Not sure what you mean by "application a skin".

bigslimoid

Jan 2, 2012
If you want to make a skin then you need to start by modifying your own htcresources.apk. Not sure what you mean by "application a skin".

Sorry, meant apply a skin.
My framework-res.apk, and my htcresorces.apk are themed to match. Now what I'm asking is, is there a way to apply a skin to get the mods in the Widgets and personalization page with out it changing my mods that I have already in my htcresorces.apk. for example the button_checkmark_on.PNG, because apparently half of the phones system uses that PNG from HTC resources.apk and the other half uses that same PNG from framework Res.apk

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Most likely applying a new skin will overwrite your files. If the skin contains those files then yours will be replaced completely. So your anser is no.

Reactions: bigslimoid

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Last skin I did was for Sense 2.1. Everything has shuffled and hidden since then. I wouldn't even know where to tell you to start.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most likely applying a new skin will overwrite your files. If the skin contains those files then yours will be replaced completely. So your anser is no.