[Q] Is my SPH-L710 Toast?

Search This thread

ninhalo5

Jun 27, 2012
Hi guys, I've been scouring Google for 3 days now and can't come up with an answer, everything says use Odin for this and use Odin for that... well I can't.

A few days ago I downloaded an app from the Google store Linuxonandriod or something like that, it's pretty much an installer to place Ubuntu on your phone side by side with Android, the instructions began with rooting the phone, I began that process and believe I accidently loaded the incorrect pda to the phone (I have so many files now on my comp, I have no clue which one I selected). Odin rebooted the phone and that's that.

If I try to turn on the phone it goes to the first screen that just says SAMSUNG then turns off, never getting to the Samsung Galaxy III screen. The USB on the phone seems to have been botched, none of my computers will recognize it (Windows or Linux), the phone will not even charge. I can however get into both recovery and download modes without problem.

Naturally, download mode does no good because the USB is useless and I do not have clockwork mod installed on the phone to bypass the verification error.
I tried to simply install clockwork via recovery in hopes that would do something, but I get a verification error with that.

Is there anyway around this using the SD card or am I holding a $300 paperweight?

Thanks

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Maybe try this-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369125

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

ninhalo5

Jun 27, 2012

Thanks, for the link. I did check it out, but couldn't figure out what the poster was talking about with drive letters and such. That dmesg | tail told me nothing about my sd. I unzipped everything to the card by a different method but my the computer still wouldn't recognize the phone, so booting back into windows did nothing.

Sorry for the delay in response, I've been extremely busy with work.

I'm still at a total loss on this.