SOLUTION FOUND -CID/sim UNLOCKING FOR WIZARD WITH AKU2 ROMS.

did it cid unlock work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

sup3rm4n

Mar 7, 2006
cant a custom rom be made to the prophet? im sure it would be able to unlock it afterwards with the lokiwizard

cheers

R

Rocky

Faria

Before I embark on this adventure, can you just confirm that I have this right please.

I have an i-Mate K-Jam that I upgraded to the latest i-Mate AKU2 ROM but I lost wifi. I wanted to go back to the older iMate ROM as I currently have no need for pust email and don't need stereo BT. This downgrade failed of course.

After upgrading to the new iMate ROM, I found a post that would allow me to try a Cingular ROM, which I did with some success. I now want to go back to the original iMate KJam ROM (K-JAM_WWE_1010903_106_10110_ship.exe) which I know works with my home wifi setup. Will the above process do this for me?

/\/\

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
sup3rm4n said:
cant a custom rom be made to the prophet? im sure it would be able to unlock it afterwards with the lokiwizard

cheers
HERE IS ONE THAT I MADE EARLYER.... :wink: :wink:
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/HTC Prophet/Prophet-exe_with_fixed_Vendor_ID_error/

IT SEEMS THERE IS HOPE FOR THE PROPHET YET IS AMAZING WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SHEARCH.LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS SO A CAN UPDATE THE HOW TO.

faria

Rocky said:
Faria

Before I embark on this adventure, can you just confirm that I have this right please.

I have an i-Mate K-Jam that I upgraded to the latest i-Mate AKU2 ROM but I lost wifi. I wanted to go back to the older iMate ROM as I currently have no need for pust email and don't need stereo BT. This downgrade failed of course.

After upgrading to the new iMate ROM, I found a post that would allow me to try a Cingular ROM, which I did with some success. I now want to go back to the original iMate KJam ROM (K-JAM_WWE_1010903_106_10110_ship.exe) which I know works with my home wifi setup. Will the above process do this for me?

/\/\
YES AS LONG THAT THE ROM THAT YOU INSTALL IS NEWER THAN THE DOWNGRADE ROM POSTED ABOVE.

cyberf

Mar 2, 2006
thank you very much for this tip.
I was looking for it to reinstall the 2.08 rom for my bluetooth headset.

CyberF

sup3rm4n

Mar 7, 2006
faria said:
sup3rm4n said:

cheers
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/HTC Prophet/Prophet-exe_with_fixed_Vendor_ID_error/

IT SEEMS THERE IS HOPE FOR THE PROPHET YET IS AMAZING WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SHEARCH.LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS SO A CAN UPDATE THE HOW TO.

well this is just the utility to downgrade the rom right? now what prophet rom should i use?

Dr Puttingham

Retired Moderator
Jul 24, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks faria and Button! Works perfectly on two brand new 8125's that wouldn't take summiter's latest ROM with the fonts and themes last week.
Worked first time like a champ!

Geat work guys!!!!!!

Steven

faria

sup3rm4n said:
faria said:
sup3rm4n said:

cheers

well this is just the utility to downgrade the rom right? now what prophet rom should i use?
YES THAT IS JUST THE DOWNGRADE UTILITY ,Try with an older room prior to AKU2.LET US KNOW HOW U GET ON.GOOD LUCK.

pmuiesan

Mar 17, 2006
SIM unlock

I have an MDA Vario with Tmobile UK and managed to successfully CID unlock and get the latest QTech Rom installed and am happy with it.
However I can't seem to be able to SIM unlock the phone at this stage and I could do with using an Italian Sim as I go there often.

Why does lockwith 20b not perform a Sim unlock after the CID unlock. Is it because of the new ROM?
Please help.
Paolo[/img][/quote][/list]

faria

Re: SIM unlock

pmuiesan said:
I have an MDA Vario with Tmobile UK and managed to successfully CID unlock and get the latest QTech Rom installed and am happy with it.
However I can't seem to be able to SIM unlock the phone at this stage and I could do with using an Italian Sim as I go there often.

Why does lockwith 20b not perform a Sim unlock after the CID unlock. Is it because of the new ROM?
Please help.
Paolo[/img]
[/list][/quote]have you taken off the sim card before runing the sim unlock?

araje

Mar 22, 2006
Phoenix, US
faria said:
Rocky said:
Faria

/\/\
YES AS LONG THAT THE ROM THAT YOU INSTALL IS NEWER THAN THE DOWNGRADE ROM POSTED ABOVE.

Faria,
As per your first post, you have a 2 step process. (1) to install the custom ROM and (2) to run the CID unlock utility.

My intention is that from the Qtek AKU rom I just wish to go back to the original ROM Rom ver:1.1.7.5, 9/22/05 ..
Is this custom ROM link that you have mentioned in your step 1 the same as Qtek Rom ver:1.1.7.5, 9/22/05, or is it modified to work with step 2 of your process.

Please let me know.

faria

araje said:
faria said:
Rocky said:
Faria

/\/\

Faria,
As per your first post, you have a 2 step process. (1) to install the custom ROM and (2) to run the CID unlock utility.

My intention is that from the Qtek AKU rom I just wish to go back to the original ROM Rom ver:1.1.7.5, 9/22/05 ..
Is this custom ROM link that you have mentioned in your step 1 the same as Qtek Rom ver:1.1.7.5, 9/22/05, or is it modified to work with step 2 of your process.

Please let me know.
it is modified to work with step 2.you can install the official rom after even if it is the same version.
ps; i did not modefied the room myself .but the rom itsef is fine.

R

Rocky

Faria

Thanks for you help. Am now back to iMate AKU2 ROM on iMate K-Jam. Just need to work out why wifi is so intermittent now!

Thanks again.

:lol:

/\/\

heilage

Apr 20, 2006
Hi

I've been trying to install IIPWO to my Qtek 9100.
The cab-file has to be installed in the extended ROM and a file there (config.txt) has to be edited as well.
My Qtek has the newest AKU2 ROM so I tried to downgrade first according to your instructions. This seemed to work fine.
After installing the ROM mentioned earlier in the post I ran the EnableRapi.cab file on my device and then ran the lokwiz.bat with the "c" option from my PC. This also seemed to go fine although I was too slow to see if any error messages showed up. I don't think so though.

I then installed the original ROM I had (AKU2) back to my device but I'm still unable to see the extended ROM. Am I missing something?

Do I need to install IIPWO on the device when I have the Custom ROM installed or can it be done after I "upgrade back" to the AKU2 ROM?

PS: Tried to look for the Extended ROM on my Qtek using Total commander.

I would greatly appreciate any help :)

EDIT: Typo

risidoro

Sep 9, 2005
Italy
www.webalice.it
heilage said:
Hi

I've been trying to install IIPWO to my Qtek 9100.
The cab-file has to be installed in the extended ROM and a file there (config.txt) has to be edited as well.
My Qtek has the newest AKU2 ROM so I tried to downgrade first according to your instructions. This seemed to work fine.
After installing the ROM mentioned earlier in the post I ran the EnableRapi.cab file on my device and then ran the lokwiz.bat with the "c" option from my PC. This also seemed to go fine although I was too slow to see if any error messages showed up. I don't think so though.

I then installed the original ROM I had (AKU2) back to my device but I'm still unable to see the extended ROM. Am I missing something?

Do I need to install IIPWO on the device when I have the Custom ROM installed or can it be done after I "upgrade back" to the AKU2 ROM?

PS: Tried to look for the Extended ROM on my Qtek using Total commander.

I would greatly appreciate any help :)

EDIT: Typo

CID/SIM unlock has nothing to do with Ext-ROM. The latter can be accessed and modified only in old roms (< 1.6). So if you want to copy IIPWO in your extrom you need to install an old rom and use it.

Note: when you upgrade your rom you loose everything inside the ext-rom so you cannot: install an old rom, put IIPWO in it and then upgrade! If you want IIPWO you must use an old rom. If you want a new rom (2.xx) you cannot modify your ext-rom so you cannot store IIPWO in it! Sorry!

bye

roriii

Jan 28, 2006
upgradind or downgradimg problem

i hae i mate kjam unlocked i did almost everything i upload the latest cingular with 2.17 and back to qteck w d 2.17 since than i m not able to load kjam software or qteck the only thing was cingular 2.17 tmobile 2.17 or kjam 1.19old software and the one u mention 105014 but it always have qtek custum to load after upgrade .any help plz thanks.

faria

Re: upgradind or downgradimg problem

roriii said:
i hae i mate kjam unlocked i did almost everything i upload the latest cingular with 2.17 and back to qteck w d 2.17 since than i m not able to load kjam software or qteck the only thing was cingular 2.17 tmobile 2.17 or kjam 1.19old software and the one u mention 105014 but it always have qtek custum to load after upgrade .any help plz thanks.
THATS BECAUSE IS NOT CID ONLOCKED READ THE FIRST POST VERY CAREFULL.
YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK CID WHILE YOU ARE IN THE CUSTOM ROM.THE PURPOSE OF INSTALLING THE CUSTO ROM IS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF UNLOCKING CID=CONTRY ID ERROR, AFTER YOU UNLOCK CID YOU WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE DOWMGRADE TO ANY ROM VERSION YOU LIKE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warnning; does not work with g4 wizards!!!!!

this steps are to cid unlock and also to unlock sim in the folowing devices; qtek 9100, i-mate k-jam, mda vario, orange spv m3000, o2 xda mini s, dopod 838, Cingular 8125
    first; you must make a full backup of you wizard before doing this , I personally use [wizBackup.exe] posted below for my backups and restores. This is not mandatory but could save an enormous amount of trouble.

I as most people with a wizard with the aku2 rom found out that it cannot be cid unlock with lokiwiz tool, you will get the following;{error:itwritedisk-an internal error occurred}.
    . that is till now.
    downgrade rom here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc%20wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
    note- this steps is for unlocking the cid of the wizard with aku2 rom.

how to cid. unlock all wizard variants ( that have the latest rom build )
    first download custom__ruu_wizard_1050412_wwe_101_11210_wwe. rom from the ftp site from the above link, unpack it and just click the romupdateutility_wizard_noid.exe to start downgrading. Simply follow the prompts.
    after the rom are loaded go thru the initial setup as you would with any rom.
    now download the (lokiwiz02b) from here;
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
    Make sure you unzip lokiwiz to the root o the c: drive.
    please copy the whole lokiwiz folder to the root of the drive,not the contentents of the folder!!!!!
    and follow the instructions .do not forget to copy the cab file(enable rapi) to your device and run it before running lokiwiz.
    Now run lockiwiz and unlock your machine, your machine will reboot itself. if yoy see an eroot while unlocking that says;
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    CopyFileToTFFS(cidunlocked.bin:0, 0, 00010000)
    ERROR: ITWriteDisk - An internal error occurred.

this means that you device not been unloked......try again............
    .................................................................................................................................................................................

That’s it your wizard is unlocked. Make sure yew keep the [lock_backup.bin] in a safe place you may need it for guaranty purposes.
    Now flash the latest aku2 rom from your provider.- [very important,to avoid future problems wit rom updates]
    then u can flash any rom you want.
    question: if i cid unlock and sim unlock my phone (after installing custom 1.5 wwe rom) and then i install latest aku2 i-mate italian rom, will the sim unlock (and cid one too) be preserved?
    Answer: i can confirm that that upgrading to the latest aku2 rom the wizard remains cid unlocked.

Special thanks to the author of the above cooked rom [button] also to machinagod for the lokiwiz tool and joninla for finding the downgrade rom, molski for is input and everyone that contributed to the cause.
    do not try to downgrade using an older wizard rom other than the one posted above it will not work
    also this {how to} is for the htc wizard only it may work with other devices but i don’t know, so if you turn you device into a brick do not blame me. use it at your own risk
    if you device is from a operator like: 02, orange etc... You will void your guaranty unlocking cid, but don’t despair, if you keep the [lock_backup.bin] file that the lockiz tool generated you can restore cid to factory default.

this proccess only needs to be done once in the wizards lifetime.
    Enjoy;
    Jose faria.

donate if you like my work
    hdubli said:
    Did anyone try Typhoon nbf tool..it removes the CID and saves the rom for flashing..simply.... :lol:

Are you sure? How did you use this for the Wizard, and did it work with the new 2.2 ROMs?