Call of Android Boot animation (UPDATE)

Search This thread
I have been a member since grabing the HD2 (US) and learned a lot from the developers here (I lurk and read). I have taken advantage of their knowledge and the the wiki, to which I thank everyone for all their work. Until recently I was always wanting to find a way to contribute back to the community and after getting the EVO, rooting, and messing around with some things I thought I would share the bootanimation I have been working on.
It is my very first one, so go easy, but I hope you enjoy. It is a little lengthy and the fps bogs down a little but I always wanted this to be my boot image. As usual, you assume all responsibility for any damage you do to your phone. If you need help, search, or shoot me a PM and I will be happy to answer questions when and where I can.

If you do happen to like my animation, awesome! I will take requests if anyone is interested and within the scope of my free time.

If you do not like my work, your entitled to your opinion, all I ask is for constructive criticism.

Hope you all enjoy! :D

coaw.gif

UPDATE:

User Tiffany84 was so kind to make a complete package you can install from recovery for desire based roms. Also thank the user myn for posting the preview and link within the body of this thread. Thank you both for your help!
http://www.mediafire.com/?v141mn81rqo1nep

Here is a flashable zip. Just place on root of sd. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Then just flash like you would a rom. This has the sound included so you need to be on a sense rom in order to flash this because aosp roms don't have sound for the animation and the boot animation is located in a different place on a aosp rom.

Tiffany84 has come through again making a zip install from recovery for aosp roms, you can pick up this zip from the quote below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xq8v1cadeae748d

This is a flashable zip of the bootanimation. This is for aosp roms only. This doesn't have the sound because I don't think it's possible to have sound for the bootanimation on a aosp rom. If your on a sense rom I have also uploaded a flashable version for sense roms that has the sound included. It's on page 3.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask ;)

UPDATE 2:

Recently optomized the animation, original recipe, smaller file size for the new year's diet. Also tweaked the sound and its damn near perfect. The new animation seems to run a little smoother and quicker, but that could just be me. ;)

*These are not flashable via recovery, you must use adb or copy them to your sdcard and move them to the proper system file directory. The flashable versions created by Tiffany84 are the previous version.

**User roscoenr has just uploaded flashable zips from recovery for either type of rom. You can find those on page 8 for anyone interested. Thanks for the help roscoenr!

Enjoy!
-Crack

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 5,693
  • SPC_animation_final.rar
    285.6 KB · Views: 2,124
Last edited:

MistaSal

Feb 21, 2010
Great animation, good choice in using the World at War setting. I'll try it out once I get home.

Much appreciated.

vaelek

Mar 13, 2007
Near Madison, WI
vaelek.com
That looks pretty slick man :D

Did you use an app for it or do the film effect by hand? I've been wanting to do something similar to that but I don't have the time to do it manually.

That looks pretty slick man :D

Did you use an app for it or do the film effect by hand? I've been wanting to do something similar to that but I don't have the time to do it manually.

Basically I took the originally title screen movie for Call of Duty World at War and used it as a background template. Most of the film affects are from that video, the android logo's and text were screened in by hand with photoshop with the exception of a few orginal frames I had to throw in for consistency. The pain was when I output the frames to png format I had to change all the pictures file numbers by hand to get them in order, not once, or twice, but 6 times because of trial and error. I swear I can type adb commands in my sleep now as well lol.
Typing the correct numbering "animation_00001, animation_00002" and so on is a pain lol :D Looking forward to the need for speed challenge now ;)

zphotop

Aug 26, 2008
This is awesome.. Tried both with and without sound and it's sweet either way.. Prob gonna stay with the sound for now...

Swyped from my myn powered evo using the XDA app... Become a mynion..you won't regret it!

daktah

Jun 17, 2010
shoulda put apple apples on the axis soldiers heads and android heads on the allied heads lol

bxphantom

Sep 29, 2010
Bronx, NY
ok, noob questions. Is this flashable, if not how do I install it cause I'm loving it and want it BAD. Excellent work dude.

SpydaPig

Oct 26, 2010
Orlando
Been trying to flash this but I keep getting this message in recovery while trying to flash it "can't find update script". Anyone have any idea on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been a member since grabing the HD2 (US) and learned a lot from the developers here (I lurk and read). I have taken advantage of their knowledge and the the wiki, to which I thank everyone for all their work. Until recently I was always wanting to find a way to contribute back to the community and after getting the EVO, rooting, and messing around with some things I thought I would share the bootanimation I have been working on.
    It is my very first one, so go easy, but I hope you enjoy. It is a little lengthy and the fps bogs down a little but I always wanted this to be my boot image. As usual, you assume all responsibility for any damage you do to your phone. If you need help, search, or shoot me a PM and I will be happy to answer questions when and where I can.

If you do happen to like my animation, awesome! I will take requests if anyone is interested and within the scope of my free time.

If you do not like my work, your entitled to your opinion, all I ask is for constructive criticism.

Hope you all enjoy! :D

coaw.gif

UPDATE:

User Tiffany84 was so kind to make a complete package you can install from recovery for desire based roms. Also thank the user myn for posting the preview and link within the body of this thread. Thank you both for your help!

Here is a flashable zip. Just place on root of sd. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Then just flash like you would a rom. This has the sound included so you need to be on a sense rom in order to flash this because aosp roms don't have sound for the animation and the boot animation is located in a different place on a aosp rom.

Tiffany84 has come through again making a zip install from recovery for aosp roms, you can pick up this zip from the quote below:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xq8v1cadeae748d

This is a flashable zip of the bootanimation. This is for aosp roms only. This doesn't have the sound because I don't think it's possible to have sound for the bootanimation on a aosp rom. If your on a sense rom I have also uploaded a flashable version for sense roms that has the sound included. It's on page 3.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask ;)

UPDATE 2:

Recently optomized the animation, original recipe, smaller file size for the new year's diet. Also tweaked the sound and its damn near perfect. The new animation seems to run a little smoother and quicker, but that could just be me. ;)

*These are not flashable via recovery, you must use adb or copy them to your sdcard and move them to the proper system file directory. The flashable versions created by Tiffany84 are the previous version.

**User roscoenr has just uploaded flashable zips from recovery for either type of rom. You can find those on page 8 for anyone interested. Thanks for the help roscoenr!

Enjoy!
    -Crack
    Done and done :D

Here is the updated and optimized animation with a new sound file that is damn near perfectly sync'd to the video. Just unzip the rar file for sound. The files I uploaded are not flashable via recovery, you have to use adb or copy them to your sdcard then move them to the proper system file directory. Hope you enjoy the latest version. I will update the original post to reflect changes.

-Crack

Here is a flashable one for the sense roms with the file placed in customize/resource. The second one is for AOSP and the sense roms with the bootanimation in the system/media. There is no sound in the second one

OP, hope u don't mind, if so u can remove.
    Here is a flashable zip. Just place on root of sd. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Then just flash like you would a rom. This has the sound included so you need to be on a sense rom in order to flash this because aosp roms don't have sound for the animation and the boot animation is located in a different place on a aosp rom. If anyone wants to use this on a aosp rom let me know and I will upload a different version as long as the op is ok with it.
    Love it.

Thanks for your contributions to XDA :)

Download here

coaw.gif
    is it just me... or does andy look a bit too phallic at the beginning of the animation?