(Q) file transfer using usb

Search This thread
Sep 1, 2011
KL
Im new nexus 7 user, just OTA update to 4.4.2 and rooted using wugfresh..

But afterward when i connect to computer, my nexus didnt detected n i cannot assess my sdcard for file transfer.. Anyone can help?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

DeepPurple15X

Jan 5, 2013
Im new nexus 7 user, just OTA update to 4.4.2 and rooted using wugfresh..

But afterward when i connect to computer, my nexus didnt detected n i cannot assess my sdcard for file transfer.. Anyone can help?

Its a good chance that its a cable problem. Also got in Settings>Storage>[Menu]>Make sure 'MTP' is selected. You can try PTP as well I guess.

If you need to transfer file for emergency purposes use 'Airdroid' for the moment. I think you can use 'ES file explorer' but that would be a little more complicated.

Archinux

Nov 28, 2013
Go to : settings >> Storage >> USB computer connection , then check the option you want ( MTP or PTP )
in some roms i was not able to connect my device till i uncheck USB debugging form Developer options menu

[ my english is not well :eek: ]

Sep 1, 2011
KL
Go to : settings >> Storage >> USB computer connection , then check the option you want ( MTP or PTP )
in some roms i was not able to connect my device till i uncheck USB debugging form Developer options menu

[ my english is not well :eek: ]

i done it... before i root, its work fine.... i able to transfer my file through usb,,,
just after rooting it doesn't appear in my computer

m+a+r+k

Aug 29, 2013
Highlands, Scotland
I gave up getting my XP machine to see the Nexus (Windows 7 laptop is OK).
I now use AirDroid instead, so much quicker and without the hassle of cables, drivers etc.

saper_2

Oct 24, 2008
JG
I gave up getting my XP machine to see the Nexus (Windows 7 laptop is OK).
I now use AirDroid instead, so much quicker and without the hassle of cables, drivers etc.

I had connected n7 to winxp at my work computer without installing latest wmp-****. I do remember unpacking wmp-installer then manually installing some libs from it's dirs, but I do not remember if I had to add n7 vid&pid to some inf file. I will try and write some guide :)

saper_2

Oct 24, 2008
JG
MTP wintout installing WMP11

Hi,

This is just another guide how to install driver and access nexus 7 2013 in windows XP...

1. Get a WMP install for winXP
  2. Extract it by using command:
    Code:
    wmp11-windowsxp-x86-xx-xx.exe /C /T:[full-path-to-dest-dir]
    eg.
    Code:
    E:\_TEMP\8\>wmp11-windowsxp-x86-xx-xx.exe /C /T:e:\_temp\8\wmp11\
  3. Go into extracted directory, we are interested in files: wmfdist11.exe and umdf.exe
  4. Install them, one is User Mode Driver Framework and other one is "media framework"
  5. Go to
    Code:
    %windir%\inf
    ( eg.:
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\inf
    )
  6. Make a copy of file wpdmtphw.inf and open original one in notepad.
  7. Find section [VendorModels.NTx86] (or [VendorModels.NTamd64] if you have winxp 64bit)
  8. At end of section add line:
    Code:
    ; Nexus 7 2013 LTE
    %GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2&REV_0228&MI_00
  9. Reboot your computer. Unplug also your Nexus, also switch off USB Debugging because of that you will see two MTP devices and you might try install MTP drivers for debug (which fail, or windows will yell with code 10...)
  10. Hook up Nexus and when windows popup about installing drivers, choose that you have driver and the location point to search set to
    Code:
    c:\windows\inf
    , click next, windows might complain that this driver is not intended to use with this device, so give win a slap and wait patiently until windows install driver :)
Windows might install drivers twice, just remember to point to windows/inf directory :) or directory with google usb driver http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

---------------
After almost a year I noticed I made a hell of mistake :( , There should be MI_00 (MI stands for Media Interface 0) not MI_01 (MI 01 is for ADB ). And There is no need for 1st line ( USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2&MI_00 ).
I am terribly sorry for committing such basic error.

I already fixed those error in this my "guide"...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts