How to root Samsung Galaxy 4g

Search This thread

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
ok, so I'm totally unfamiliar with sanding or what kies is. all of my experience is with HTC.

my coworker wants me to root his galaxy 4g this weekend. so, if superoneclick gives you root, how do you slap a custom recovery on?

(i know with HTC, you just put recovery on root of sd, rename to pc36.img , and power into bootloader and bootloader flashes it, but I'm guessing sammys are not the same? thanks in advance)

edit: i found a thread for cwm in development. can prob figure it out. still if anyone has any tips, much appreciated. ;)

Last edited:

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
The easiest way to root is super one click or you can just Odin to a pre rooted ROM. Also, you can Odin Bali 3.3 for instant cwm. If you don't want Bali, download the froyo cwm flashable file and open the zip. Download krylons final cwm and drag the 2 files to the right place in the zip file. Then flash it. Now you can go into cwm once you flash.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Reactions: galaxys4guser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The easiest way to root is super one click or you can just Odin to a pre rooted ROM. Also, you can Odin Bali 3.3 for instant cwm. If you don't want Bali, download the froyo cwm flashable file and open the zip. Download krylons final cwm and drag the 2 files to the right place in the zip file. Then flash it. Now you can go into cwm once you flash.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium