help...Restore Galaxy s3 imei no?

Search This thread

tomniu

Feb 13, 2011
Hello

I have a China Mobile galaxy gs3 i9308, and the imei no. was changed to 0000000000000/null because of rom flashing (I think).
Now I am not registered on the network, so I have to change the imei no. back.
I tried several tutorials online, but seems like they're only for the galaxy s.
I tried the 9 step guide but I can't find the .nv_data file in my efs folder.
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you

matiasco

Dec 6, 2008
hey, I have the same problem, SGS3 with wrong imei 0049.... i lose my efs file, someone can help us?

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
You could try flashing stock rom, heard that this sometimes restores imei, not sure if it works on s3

Also, check if the rom or kernel you flashed created a eggs backup, some do

Sent via TCP/IP

Last edited:

darlidar

Oct 3, 2009
Please help
i have the same problem i cant fix my imei, after flashing the phone it changed to 00499.. it made no backups and no nv_data.bin.bak
If the efs folder havent been backed up, what can i do? I tried changing the nv_data file like some tutorials here explain, but no luck(tried couple of times, it defently not compatible with my galaxy s3), i believe these tutorials are for erlier galaxies.
Please help!
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Hello

I have a China Mobile galaxy gs3 i9308, and the imei no. was changed to 0000000000000/null because of rom flashing (I think).
Now I am not registered on the network, so I have to change the imei no. back.
I tried several tutorials online, but seems like they're only for the galaxy s.
I tried the 9 step guide but I can't find the .nv_data file in my efs folder.
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Try this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1801997

chris170569

Jul 24, 2012
Belfast
I understood that imei numbers were hardwired into the phone. And changing them n having the equipment was illegal. This is what the networks use to bar your phone if it gets stolen.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Did you back up the efs folder before you flash your device?

I don't know about international S3 but here in USA IMEI is not located in EFS folder.

I understood that imei numbers were hardwired into the phone. And changing them n having the equipment was illegal. This is what the networks use to bar your phone if it gets stolen.

This program was created not to spoof IMEI just to restore if you have problem with it.

leahcim_za

Aug 27, 2012
Cape town
How to restore your IMEI number on SGS3 (GT-i9300)

I deleted my IMEI number when flashing roms a few days ago and it was showing as 000000...

I searched everywhere for a recipe of how to restore it and could not find one that would work. The closest that I got was a brilliant post (see link below) describing how to restore the IMEI on a SGS2 i9100. After following this recipe, I was able to restore my IMEI number to 0049 .... which is just as useless as 0000....

It took me a couple of days of research (and HUGE thanks to everybody whose previous research I was able to use) and I finally succeeded in restoring my IMEI using the 9 step process that I describe below. I can't guarantee that it will work and I do not know if it will work on any device besides the SGS3 GT-i9300 (international SGS3), because this is the only device that I have and was able to test the process on.

Links:
Restore IMEI on SGS2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264021
Download EFS PRO: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308546
Download your original firmware using check fus downloader (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1032437&page=18)

You need:
-EFS PRO, a brilliant little program for Windows used to backup / restore the efs folder as well as recover / repair the nv_data*.bin files.
-Windows :(
-Windows USB drivers
-Rooted SGS3
-Root explorer.apk
-Original phone firmware (actually, you only need the modem.bin file, so once you download your firmware package, you can just extract the modem.bin file).
-Odin or Heimdall

Your phone's IMEI number is stored in the ".nv_data" file in the original shipped efs folder.

Process:
1. make a copy of your EFS folder using root explorer and store it somewhere safe (on your SD card and external SD card should do it).
2. delete the EFS folder from the root of your phone using root explorer.
3. reboot the phone
4. open root explorer and go to the EFS folder (yes, it is still there! The Android OS has generated a new one for us) and delete the following files:
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
nv.log
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
nv_data.bin.bak
and the entire IMEI folder.​
5.Now go to your backed up EFS folder on your sd card and copy the IMEI folder and the " .nv_data" file (note the dot) to your new EFS folder.
6.Make another copy of the ".nv_data" file in your new EFS folder. Rename one of them to "nv_data.bin" and the other one to "nv_data.bin.bak".
7. Connect your phone to your PC and start up EFS PRO. After your phone has been detected, press the "Repair nv data" button to correct the ownership and permissions.
8. Reboot your phone into recovery mode using the three botton combo and flash the original modem firmware (the modem.bin file that you extracted earlier) to your phone using Odin (use the "phone" button for the upload) or Heimdall (use the "radio" partition for the modem.bin file upload).
9. Reboot the phone normally and your IMEI number will be restored and you will be able to connect to your mobile network again :)

Good luck and let me know how it goes :)
Leahcim

lobird

Jul 13, 2012
maastricht
do i have to delete the .nv_core.bak and the .nv_core.bak.md5

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

and which nv_data file do i have to copy i got 7 of them

lobird

Jul 13, 2012
maastricht
but if this will not fix my phone, can samsung fix it without replacing the motherboard

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

my imei change sudden when i try to unlock my phone with messing the efs folder but i didn't backup it :crying:so now i dont have network

ronaldshi

Apr 26, 2011
i have managed to follow all your steps and managed to get my IMEI back.
when i pressed *#06# i was able to see a series of numbers so i guess i got it right.

but i am still not connected to any network. please help!!

I deleted my IMEI number when flashing roms a few days ago and it was showing as 000000...

I searched everywhere for a recipe of how to restore it and could not find one that would work. The closest that I got was a brilliant post (see link below) describing how to restore the IMEI on a SGS2 i9100. After following this recipe, I was able to restore my IMEI number to 0049 .... which is just as useless as 0000....

It took me a couple of days of research (and HUGE thanks to everybody whose previous research I was able to use) and I finally succeeded in restoring my IMEI using the 9 step process that I describe below. I can't guarantee that it will work and I do not know if it will work on any device besides the SGS3 GT-i9300 (international SGS3), because this is the only device that I have and was able to test the process on.

Links:
Download your original firmware using check fus downloader (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1032437&page=18)

You need:
-EFS PRO, a brilliant little program for Windows used to backup / restore the efs folder as well as recover / repair the nv_data*.bin files.
-Windows USB drivers
-Rooted SGS3
-Root explorer.apk
-Original phone firmware (actually, you only need the modem.bin file, so once you download your firmware package, you can just extract the modem.bin file).
-Odin or Heimdall

Your phone's IMEI number is stored in the ".nv_data" file in the original shipped efs folder.

Process:
1. make a copy of your EFS folder using root explorer and store it somewhere safe (on your SD card and external SD card should do it).
3. reboot the phone
4. open root explorer and go to the EFS folder (yes, it is still there! The Android OS has generated a new one for us) and delete the following files:
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
nv.log
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
nv_data.bin.bak
5.Now go to your backed up EFS folder on your sd card and copy the IMEI folder and the " .nv_data" file (note the dot) to your new EFS folder.
6.Make another copy of the ".nv_data" file in your new EFS folder. Rename one of them to "nv_data.bin" and the other one to "nv_data.bin.bak".
7. Connect your phone to your PC and start up EFS PRO. After your phone has been detected, press the "Repair nv data" button to correct the ownership and permissions.
8. Reboot your phone into recovery mode using the three botton combo and flash the original modem firmware (the modem.bin file that you extracted earlier) to your phone using Odin (use the "phone" button for the upload) or Heimdall (use the "radio" partition for the modem.bin file upload).
9. Reboot the phone normally and your IMEI number will be restored and you will be able to connect to your mobile network again :)

Leahcim

leahcim_za

Aug 27, 2012
Cape town
IMEI restore on SGS 3 (GT-i9300)

i have managed to follow all your steps and managed to get my IMEI back.
when i pressed *#06# i was able to see a series of numbers so i guess i got it right.

but i am still not connected to any network. please help!!

Hi there

You need YOUR IMEI number back (which is not 00000... or 0049...) it is the one under your battery.
If you followed all the steps, then it should have worked.
One extra thing that you can try is if you did not flash your original phone firmware (and you only flashed the original modem.bin file) then do this step first.
And then work through the 9 step process, ignoring the step where you flash your original firmware (because you will have already done it).

Good luck and let me know when it works :)

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

but if this will not fix my phone, can samsung fix it without replacing the motherboard

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

my imei change sudden when i try to unlock my phone with messing the efs folder but i didn't backup it :crying:so now i dont have network
Hi there

Good news is that it will work - even if you did not back up your efs folder before you messed with it!
Give it a try and let me know when it is fixed.
Good luck

edvina

Sep 4, 2012
Procedure not work!

Links:

You need:
-Windows USB drivers
-Rooted SGS3
-Root explorer.apk
-Odin or Heimdall

Process:
3. reboot the phone
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
nv.log
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
nv_data.bin.bak

Leahcim

Thanks a lot for the advice regarding SG3 IMEI restoring, but this prosedure doesn't change IMEI !!!
EFS PRO actions was Ok.
Can you help me? Pleeeeeease.
P.S. I know original IMEI numbers

betto_tm

Sep 1, 2012
in step 2 you say efs but delete the folder, but when I do that I reboot and I get a message telling me the whole time the camera is null and void wi fi all the options, it is this?

pd. sorry for my English (I'm using google translate)

betto_tm

Sep 1, 2012
Hi there

You need YOUR IMEI number back (which is not 00000... or 0049...) it is the one under your battery.
If you followed all the steps, then it should have worked.
One extra thing that you can try is if you did not flash your original phone firmware (and you only flashed the original modem.bin file) then do this step first.
And then work through the 9 step process, ignoring the step where you flash your original firmware (because you will have already done it).

Good luck and let me know when it works :)

I do not remember my previous version, only the update when I asked him to put kies, I can use this firmware?

I9300BVBLG2_I9300TMUBLG1_TMU

I just do not see the ". nv_data"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to restore your IMEI number on SGS3 (GT-i9300)

Links:

You need:
    -Windows USB drivers
    -Rooted SGS3
    -Root explorer.apk
    -Odin or Heimdall

Process:
    3. reboot the phone
    nv_data.bin
    nv_data.bin.md5
    nv.log
    .nv_data.bak
    .nv_data.bak.md5
    nv_data.bin.bak

Leahcim
    Flashing a stock rom works then root again it worked for me using a UK 3 official rom

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    Same issue

Hi all please help....

DESPERATELY need a guide on how to restore imei number to my sgs3 have followed all tuts available but come up short.
    Previously I read that a good reason must be supplied: I was trying to flash the new jelly bean Rom xxdli9 and it worked but in the process my imei number got overwritten. I have refreshed stock and other Rom along the way but to no avail. Still no network connection since service state is out of service.

Mine is the international sgs3 so nv_item .. doesn't work

Please assist
    Get your IMEI back

where are all these files, my efs folder is empty

If you rooted your phone and lost the IMEI along with any network connection, I did the same. I was so excited to root a phone that I did not back up first. I did backup after the phone was rooted and new rom installed. Too late the IMEI was gone. I posted the problem on this site and was helped by DocHoliday77. he gave me some simple instructions and 2 files to download. I followed the steps and presto I was back in business. there are files to restore the IMEI and to get the data connection back. I did this a few days ago and it worked. The best part is that the phone does not need to be rooted. Please credit DocHoliday77 for this. This site is pretty cool.

because I am new to the site I can not post the link please PM me and I will send or find DocHoliday77. thx

Go here:

Download these:
    SGS3 QCN Generator
    QPST 2.7

Robert'sGalaxy
    S3

Links:

You need:
    -Windows USB drivers
    -Rooted SGS3
    -Root explorer.apk
    -Odin or Heimdall

Process:
    3. reboot the phone
    nv_data.bin
    nv_data.bin.md5
    nv.log
    .nv_data.bak
    .nv_data.bak.md5
    nv_data.bin.bak

Leahcim

hey when i start efs pro where do i find nv repair button.??