[Firmware] Sprints Gtab 3 7.0 SM-T217S Stock Firmware

Search This thread

btvolta

Nov 26, 2012
Tampa Bay
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Good news to all of us with the Sprint Model Gtab 3 7.0 SM-T217S , We now have the factory stock firmware

Sammobile

I just bought this model number today. Is this firmware just for people that bricked their phones? I rooted mine today without issue and hope that there will be all the other goodies available like on my samsung phone. The guy at Sprint told me that there were already custom roms and recovery, but I found out he was wrong.

mrocklewitz

Sep 22, 2010
Two Rivers, WI
Can't find it anywhere on that link. I wouldn't mind having a stock unrooted restore in hand. This is all that's preventing me from rooting.

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Premium HD app

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH

Thanks!! i updated the OP with a link also
I'm working a little project right now for this tablet. Nothing special but its better than stock
BTW , You can install a app from the playstore from Vonage and it allows you to make calls and you should see the looks you get talking a 7 inch phone....lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vonage.TimeToCall&hl=en

Last edited:

Vampyrate

Oct 1, 2008
Brunswick
I was just curious as to how to install this onto the device... i have rooted it and want to return it to stock form to give to a relative, but no matter what i try it doesn't seem to want to install using twrp or cwm... odin doesn't even recognize that it's even a file that i could use

Vampyrate

Oct 1, 2008
Brunswick
Ive tried about 4 versions and it says that irs not suppirted for kiesvor kies 3

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

btvolta

Nov 26, 2012
Tampa Bay
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm working a little project right now for this tablet. Nothing special but its better than stock
BTW , You can install a app from the playstore from Vonage and it allows you to make calls and you should see the looks you get talking a 7 inch phone....lol

WE need some dark themes. I have xposed installed and have themed the status bar, but need something to add darkness to the settings menu.

Reactions: M1k3Carson1369

Vampyrate

Oct 1, 2008
Brunswick
Yep and with no luck. I'll give it another shot once im done putting my nexus back to stock

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

M1k3Carson1369

Jul 18, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

Wth? I installed the Vonage app but can't get passed startup screens cause it wants to verif6 my tab's # via call/text..?

SGT3_SM-T217S
Rooted TW 4.2.2
CWM Recovery

michaelc2005

Jan 8, 2014
Monsterously Large "Phone"

Wth? I installed the Vonage app but can't get passed startup screens cause it wants to verif6 my tab's # via call/text..?

I have no affiliation with Talkatone nor Google, I just like their products because they seem to work well. Further, I do earn any money nor commissions from either. With that said:

I have turned my little tablet into a huge phone using Talkatone and a Google Voice Number. Most of the time I use a bluetooth headset, pay for the "pro" version @ $0.99/month for a little better quality, and it works great on wifi. And, it's pretty easy to setup, but if you need any help... Hope this helps.​

I am really hoping for a custom ROM soon, preferably something from Cyanogenmod, but...

Reactions: M1k3Carson1369

M1k3Carson1369

Jul 18, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I have no affiliation with Talkatone nor Google, I just like their products because they seem to work well. Further, I do earn any money nor commissions from either. With that said:

I have turned my little tablet into a huge phone using Talkatone and a Google Voice Number. Most of the time I use a bluetooth headset, pay for the "pro" version @ $0.99/month for a little better quality, and it works great on wifi. And, it's pretty easy to setup, but if you need any help... Hope this helps.​

I am really hoping for a custom ROM soon, preferably something from Cyanogenmod, but...

But how do I set up the Vonage app if my tab can't make/send/receive any calls/texts natively? Do I have to change the number at the initial setup screen to my Google Voice number?
I have Google Voice set up and can use it for texts and voicemail but that's just about it. Been wanting phone capabilities on this tab since I got it...

**EDIT: HAHA! THAT WAS IT! The sms didnt work, but I requested the code via phone call, answered on my S3, put the code in, and called my Sprint number, AND IT WORKED!! Thamk you so much, you have no ides how happy this makes me!

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 [SM-T217S]
Remedy Rom v1.1 [4.2.2]
CWM Recovery

Last edited:

afextwin

Jan 19, 2011
Raleigh, NC
www.ulbright.com
But how do I set up the Vonage app if my tab can't make/send/receive any calls/texts natively? Do I have to change the number at the initial setup screen to my Google Voice number?
I have Google Voice set up and can use it for texts and voicemail but that's just about it. Been wanting phone capabilities on this tab since I got it...

**EDIT: HAHA! THAT WAS IT! The sms didnt work, but I requested the code via phone call, answered on my S3, put the code in, and called my Sprint number, AND IT WORKED!! Thamk you so much, you have no ides how happy this makes me!

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 [SM-T217S]
Remedy Rom v1.1 [4.2.2]
CWM Recovery

MagicJack also works for free phone call's. They give you a random Florida or Wisconsin number when you make a call, and no one can call you back, but for free it's nice. I think if you have a MagicJack hardware device you can use that number with the APP and have in/out calls free over wifi. It works very well with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus (unlimited data plan) on wifi tether :D

Top Liked Posts