[Q] Unlocked Bootloader, continue to wait or lock and update?

Search This thread

taihard

Jul 28, 2010
So, it's been a while since 4.4 has come to the S3 and there still doesn't seem to be any good news for those on a locked bootloader. Is it still the general opinion that it would be better to wait and keep the bootloader unlocked or should I give in and update while giving up my bootloader? I personally don't flash aosp or any other roms besides touchwiz and really only want root but I also think resale value (if I decide to sell later) could be a bit better if I keep bootloader unlocked. Anyways, what are you doing? Are you unlocked and waiting to see if we can get 4.4 on an unlocked bootloader? Did you / will you sacrifice bootloader and update to 4.4 and if so, is it / was it worth it?

Thanks!!

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
So, it's been a while since 4.4 has come to the S3 and there still doesn't seem to be any good news for those on a locked bootloader. Is it still the general opinion that it would be better to wait and keep the bootloader unlocked or should I give in and update while giving up my bootloader? I personally don't flash aosp or any other roms besides touchwiz and really only want root but I also think resale value (if I decide to sell later) could be a bit better if I keep bootloader unlocked. Anyways, what are you doing? Are you unlocked and waiting to see if we can get 4.4 on an unlocked bootloader? Did you / will you sacrifice bootloader and update to 4.4 and if so, is it / was it worth it?

Thanks!!

I would say that if you don't like to play around with custom rom then update. I'm using stock rooted 4.4 and very happy with it. Custom rom give you more options/features but they come with bugs here and there and time to reflash. If you like trouble free then stock rooted is the way to go.

djphrost1

Nov 30, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
RE:

Thanks!!

One of the things to consider when making this decision is this. What benefits/features/options of a custom ROM do you like or find necessary that stock (even rooted) might not offer? For me personally the only quarrels that I have with Samsung stock roms are touchwiz and the bloatware (additional S-Apps). I personally don't use too many of them as Google, among other devs, have better equivalents.

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
One of the things to consider when making this decision is this. What benefits/features/options of a custom ROM do you like or find necessary that stock (even rooted) might not offer? For me personally the only quarrels that I have with Samsung stock roms are touchwiz and the bloatware (additional S-Apps). I personally don't use too many of them as Google, among other devs, have better equivalents.

Thats cool

To unlock you boot loader doesn't mean you just want to flash custom roms .. its just the feeling of having complete ownership of your phone

You can be rooted stock and be happy but to be Rooted / Stock / With a unlocked boot loader is total freedom

Example

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/23330085.jpg

The freedom to pick and choose what you want to do and how you want to do it

Thanks

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Thats cool

To unlock you boot loader doesn't mean you just want to flash custom roms .. its just the feeling of having complete ownership of your phone

You can be rooted stock and be happy but to be Rooted / Stock / With a unlocked boot loader is total freedom

Example

Thanks

That's perfect.

Sent from my Unlocked SCH-I535 running AOKP

Reactions: djphrost1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thats cool

Example

Thanks
    Thats cool

Example

Thanks

That's perfect.

Sent from my Unlocked SCH-I535 running AOKP