ICS and Jellybean Rom Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
I figured I would open this thread due to the all the hooey going on and also the clogging up of Kushdeck's and JaredtheGreat's ICS thread no longer on here, and with preludedrew not posting his roms on XDA. Any questions or issues are welcome and anyone that can help,can feel free to assist. No links will be posted here. Please follow @preludedrew on Twitter for updates and downloads. Please do not post links unless they are your own. Lets keep this thread nice and friendly and please follow the rules of this forum....that being said Thank You!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Pao23

Feb 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8
I've been running the rom for the last 24+ hours. I'm really impressed with how stable it has been. It has some issues mainly dealing with the gallary/camera and setting photos as things etc. but still, for it's alpha stage it's not bad.

I applied the car-o-dope settings and it seemed to calm it down a bit also. These roms should get real fun here soon!

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
I've been running the rom for the last 24+ hours. I'm really impressed with how stable it has been. It has some issues mainly dealing with the gallary/camera and setting photos as things etc. but still, for it's alpha stage it's not bad.

I applied the car-o-dope settings and it seemed to calm it down a bit also. These roms should get real fun here soon!

Agreed and the battery life is outstanding. The gallery seems to settle down after a while, but I've been using Quickpic as a picture gallery and makes setting wallpaper and cropping much easier...it works well with ICS and I've gotten no fc's using it. Its free in the market and is a great alternative to stock gallery :)

Sent from my Evo using xda premium

nickmus

Feb 23, 2007
I was just reading the thread and it disappeared. I am not a twitter fan. Oh well.

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
I was just reading the thread and it disappeared. I am not a twitter fan. Oh well.

You don't have to be a twitter fan, it takes 2 seconds to create an account and search who you want to follow, and check it periodically...keep it as an app on your phone so you don't have to keep signing in all the time. I recommend following @kushdeck as well because he posts test builds not available on XDA also, actually he just posted his alpha 4 build with working camera a little bit ago...

n8te_1

Apr 14, 2011
i didnt see what the big deal was when someone made a thread in the dev section. guess drew didnt either.

per his tweet

"preludedrew:Fyi the thread on xda for evo 4g doesn't bother me. Better than others that don't give credit."

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
Yeah, I love how everyone was freaking out about a link being posted without even knowing whether or not Drew would be against it. Download links are visible to everyone with an internet connection... there shouldn't be a restriction on posting them.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using XDA Premium App

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
i didnt see what the big deal was when someone made a thread in the dev section. guess drew didnt either.

per his tweet

"preludedrew:Fyi the thread on xda for evo 4g doesn't bother me. Better than others that don't give credit."

The problem is with noobs flashing the Rom and something going wrong or running into problems and asking. the noobish questions that the Op isn't qualified to answer. The reason he doesn't care about people posting a link is because he doesn't have to deal with all the noobs and a-holes...

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Yeah, I love how everyone was freaking out about a link being posted without even knowing whether or not Drew would be against it. Download links are visible to everyone with an internet connection... there shouldn't be a restriction on posting them.

How bout you go start a thread in your own phones forum, this is for the Evo 4G not the 3D

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
The problem is with noobs flashing the Rom and something going wrong or running into problems and asking. the noobish questions that the Op isn't qualified to answer. The reason he doesn't care about people posting a link is because he doesn't have to deal with all the noobs and a-holes...

Except noobs flash ROMs and ask repetitive questions all of the time.. Why should we care if someone foolishly flashes a ROM they know nothing about? In any of the other threads, users ask questions which are 9 times out of 10 answered by other users, rather than the devs themselves.

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
How about you stop trying to order people around? I have an Evo 4G as well and I will post here if I damn well please.

All you post is bull****, you're not helping anybody or contributing anything. You want to rant and rave go start your own thread. I opened this one after that last debacle, so people would have a place to discuss and come for help with this Rom. And here you come again to start ****...please if you have nothing to contribute please go troll somewhere else

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
drew tweeted earlier that he didnt mind thread being started for his rom on xda,since proper recognition had been given....

For the last time...that wasn't the issue.... IT WAS IN THE WRONG SECTION that dude developed nothing you look up and see Aamikam look down and see Kushdeck and this a - hole strarted a thread to post a link to somebody elses Rom in the middle of these REAL devs ....when you post a Rom in the dev section you need to be available to address any issues it causes, bug fixes, improvements not drop a link and bone out...

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
All you post is bull****, you're not helping anybody or contributing anything. You want to rant and rave go start your own thread. I opened this one after that last debacle, so people would have a place to discuss and come for help with this Rom. And here you come again to start ****...please if you have nothing to contribute please go troll somewhere else

So we couldn't have a thread with a link in it in the development section because the OP wasn't qualified to answer questions, so you open a thread that serves the same exact purpose WITHOUT a link to the ROM? If you think I'm here to troll you are sorely mistaken, I merely am posting my thoughts in a thread, just as you are doing. I fail to see anything I've said or done to make myself more of a troll than you or anyone else here. :)

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
For the last time...that wasn't the issue.... IT WAS IN THE WRONG SECTION that dude developed nothing you look up and see Aamikam look down and see Kushdeck and this a - hole strarted a thread to post a link to somebody elses Rom in the middle of these REAL devs ....when you post a Rom in the dev section you need to be available to address any issues it causes, bug fixes, improvements not drop a link and bone out...

You call him an A-hole for posting a thread in hopes of clearing clutter from other threads, and I'M the troll?

The thread was perfectly at home there. It is a ROM in active development made by a dev who no longer posts here; but he has no problem with his work being posted alongside proper credit. The OP posted it to give room for development conversation.

There are multiple threads set up like this.. the CM threads, for example. After being posted, the poster usually never comes back and all questions and concerns are answered by users like us.

Posting that thread in the development section gave room for people who create mods to share their work, as well as to discuss different ideas regarding the fixing of certain bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you asked, I beta-test ICS currently. I also beta'd for Mazda and Modded the forum/site he tried to steal. I've carried a ton of newbs through rooting, flashing, and got them on their way to becoming active (and contributing) members of several Android communities. Per your words, are we back on topic yet? Was your question to me on topic???

The member I addressed accused ropodope of being a meth-head, now he's defending him and calling other dev's "pillheads." He calls King out for racism, but let's ropodope's racism have a pass. He accused JTG of being a kangster, and is now doing the that very thing. This is your thread, you've seen it all. Why come after me for legitimately pointing out hate, drama, and topical distraction? It was here long before I stepped up and called a spade a spade.

Per your words, are we back on topic yet? Was your question to me on topic???

Respectfully yours,

Everybody running ICS right now is beta tester, everybody runs into problems, everybody (for the most part) tries to help each other out...I started this thread for that purpose and it has been nice and peaceful for 4 months...people know they are free to dicuss anything ICS related so as not to clog up the dev. threads.....JTG never gave credit for anything and claimed it as his, Mazda gives credit where credit is due, two totally different things...you should go moderate over at Kingsrom....heard its pretty happening over there....NOT!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium
    Agreed here! Haven't been back over in the 4G section but sparingly and had no clue about the drama over that stuff in the dev section till today and seeing conantroutman lock the threads...

Ppl need to get over themselves and just learn this crap happens in life at times when people are dicks.

Regardless there should be No reason to NOT let someone use your work UNLESS your trying to make money off it which last time i checked is against the rules to begin with.

And we were talking about roms not kernel source correct from what i gather, right?
    I see kushdecks Twitter post about xda and ignoring GPL but did he make kernels too?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

I'm only going to reply once to this, just because it needs to die.

There was never an issue of using a or b as a base rom without permission. Frankly, i dont agree completely with the xda rule that permission is required. You can use anything we create with an implied permission, explicit permissions are not necessary.

I know I speak for many, but can only speak for myself at the moment, but the roms you see on xda (aosp roms) are a collaboration and 'kangoration' of many different people's work. But we all start from somewhere... google. They also start from somewhere in their work.

Synopsis... When it comes to roms, I believe anyone should be able to do and share as they please. Just keep to a very simple etiquette and we have an ongoing community.
    Hey guys I started my ICS MODS thread that most of you guys wanted to see back on XDA..... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1550150 Is not as packed as it was before BUT I'll get it there, give me some time :)
    ICS at this point is not anywhere near as stable as Deck though. I have tried pretty much all the flavors of ICS and it's generally all the same. Some do some things better than others, and some don't. Honestly, what do you guys see in ICS that you could not previously do in GB?

ICS once its fully functional, gives your phone more tablet-like capabilities, the UI is way better...
    I understand its not a giant leap from GB but its always better to move forward with technology and stay stuck in the past devving Froyo and Eclair roms with Sense 1.0 they do it because its comfortable and familiar and have had two years to master it. ICS brings to the table something new and exciting for our old ass Evo's. You are gonna see a huge dropoff in the Evo thread due to contracts being up and people being able to upgrade their phones here in a couple months and in the fall. If you go look in the threads for the newer phones....nobody else is doing GB rooms anymore and I know its all about function and what the phone is capable of...I'd just like to see as many people working on it as possible. We are where we are in ICS land thanks to the work of two guys Drew and Deck. If Deck just stayed with GB we wouldn't even have ICS possible on our Evos. So adding 10 more devs to the ICS frontier before they move on to other phones, and they will, could only help. Imagine the themeing possiblites, the innovative UI they could come up with, maybe even get that damn camera working to its full capability. That's all...we moved so fast with GB because EVERYBODY and their brother was working on it, everybody was excited about the new things it brought...here we are 6 MONTHS after the first ICS rom hit our phones and we still don't have a fully functional complete rom. Two guys can't do it all, their time is limited and they do it in their spare time. Hell alot of the newer phones don't even have Android 4.0 running yet...I've had it on my Evo for 6 months....that's amazing...I'm just saying it could be even more amazing if everybody got on board and worked toward a fully functional complete ICS rom. Sense 1.0 is cool as a throwback, everybody loved 3.0 ports when they dropped and 3.5 when it dropped. I don't see anybody working on porting 4.0, I'm sure its way cooler than all the rest. OK enough dreaming for one night, and thank you to all the devs for keeping our phone relevant...peace

Sent from my Full Android on Supersonic using xda premium
    Hey I hate to take over this thread BUT since this is the ICS thread......

I just got done testing a preview gummy ROM from our very own Team DIRT member reduxd and OH MY FREAKING GOD this thing is AWESOME! Is still in the early stages and is not ready for PRIME TIME but once reduxd aka pspunderground as he's known over here on XDA gets this ROM going, WATCH THE FRONT DOOR this ROM is going to be HOTT!!

Here's a few screenshots for the non-believers out there!!

001.png
    002.png
    003.png

004.png
    005.png
    006.png

007.png
    008.png
    009.png

010.png
    011.png
    012.png

For some more screenshots and a bit more on what's going on....visit Tincandroid