In what cases do i lose ota featured??

Search This thread

m.omdaa

Jan 24, 2014
Does unlock bootloder or root or installing custom recovery make me lose cm ota updates???

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
No they don't. Cm can reinstall its recovery and you'll just lose root when you OTA.

m.omdaa

Jan 24, 2014
if you can i want to root my opo without unlocking bootloadre and i'm on 30o update and nothing seem to work , can you tell me what to do?

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
if you can i want to root my opo without unlocking bootloadre and i'm on 30o update and nothing seem to work , can you tell me what to do?

See http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/help/root-unlocking-bootloader-t2820628

But on XNPH30O it is not achievable (unless something else was changed). I recommend just unlocking your bootloader, it does no harm unlocking it and having your bootloader unlocked. I've used this analogy in other threads and I'll say it again,

On a OPO (or Nexus Device or HTC), we have a way of unlocking our bootloaders without the need of a exploit to gain root access (e.g. Samsung, LG, etc). Think of it this way, since we have a OPO... you're pretty much given a key (fastboot oem unlock) to unlock the doors to your house. Don't make it difficult on yourself and break into your house through your windows when you can just unlock the door with the key you have.

Just unlock the bootloader, flash custom recovery, flash SuperSU.
You can flash OTA updates through a custom recovery of your choice.

Reactions: m.omdaa

m.omdaa

Jan 24, 2014
Thanks I just rooted my opo ....thanks again

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dan37tz

Apr 22, 2011
I heard somewhere that if you run ART runtime, you won't get the OTA's. Any truth to this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

See http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/help/root-unlocking-bootloader-t2820628

But on XNPH30O it is not achievable (unless something else was changed). I recommend just unlocking your bootloader, it does no harm unlocking it and having your bootloader unlocked. I've used this analogy in other threads and I'll say it again,

On a OPO (or Nexus Device or HTC), we have a way of unlocking our bootloaders without the need of a exploit to gain root access (e.g. Samsung, LG, etc). Think of it this way, since we have a OPO... you're pretty much given a key (fastboot oem unlock) to unlock the doors to your house. Don't make it difficult on yourself and break into your house through your windows when you can just unlock the door with the key you have.

Just unlock the bootloader, flash custom recovery, flash SuperSU.
    You can flash OTA updates through a custom recovery of your choice.