[Q] Low Storage problem

Search This thread

HellDad

Mar 11, 2014
Hey there.

my father's phone is galaxy 2 9100T on stock rom and it shows that "low storage error".
now, i had this problem myself about a year ago when i had sgs2 but my phone was rooted and i had rootbrowser on,
so i found that the log files pile up like crazy and i deleted them, and like magic the phone got back to normal.

So i rooted his phone but there is a problem, i cant install anything not even the rootbrowser that is about 2MB, but as i check there are about 80MB free of memory, but as long as the error "low storage" appears i cant install nothing. moreover, i deleted allllll the apps that i possibly could even cleared app data of the entire phone, i just cant get this error message off and install the app.
there is absolutely no apps on this phone..

is there a way to approach this files from my pc and get them deleted??
can i force install the app even when the error shows?
is there anything that you can recommend??

Thanks!

Reactions: gadilson

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey there.

my father's phone is galaxy 2 9100T on stock rom and it shows that "low storage error".
now, i had this problem myself about a year ago when i had sgs2 but my phone was rooted and i had rootbrowser on,
so i found that the log files pile up like crazy and i deleted them, and like magic the phone got back to normal.

So i rooted his phone but there is a problem, i cant install anything not even the rootbrowser that is about 2MB, but as i check there are about 80MB free of memory, but as long as the error "low storage" appears i cant install nothing. moreover, i deleted allllll the apps that i possibly could even cleared app data of the entire phone, i just cant get this error message off and install the app.

Thanks!
You should try doing a factory reset and wipe your cache partition in recovery mode (after turning off your phone, press and hold volume up, home, power.) If still doesn't work, then try a different rom. You can repartition your app storage and your phone internal storage for optimal storage usage, but then you will need to use the pit files and flash it using odin which will delete your apps and data.

HellDad

Mar 11, 2014
Thanks. .
I will try to do so..

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

HellDad

Mar 11, 2014
Hey,

I solve the problem using the ADB Shell commands and the phone root privileges using my pc.

I deleted the content of "/data/log" using "rm -r /data/log" , there was hundreds of .log files each about 2 MB which used 1.8 gigs of the internal memory of the phone.

it was very frustrating process, but hey.. i did it..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there.

Thanks!