[Q] Trcafone S4 SM-S975L I NEED ROOT!!!

Search This thread

raider09

Jul 26, 2010
Katy, TX
I have a Tracfone and it is on Straight Talk and I would like to obtain ROOT ACCESS for it PLEASE!!! If it is similar with a different model phone and I can use those files please let me know.

toneedo

Dec 22, 2006
Is there also a method to unlock this particular tracfone to work on the T-Mobile network?

TracFone Wireless, Inc. Unlocking Policy
If you bought a new wireless phone from TracFone Wireless, Inc. (“TracFone”), including any new TracFone, NET10, Straight Talk or Telcel America branded wireless phone (“device”), it may have been programmed with a lock that prevents it from operating with other compatible wireless services. TracFone will facilitate unlocking your device upon request provided that you have met the requirements set forth below:
General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking TracFone Mobile Devices
TracFone will facilitate the unlocking of a TracFone device under the following circumstances:

The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
a current TracFone customer who provides the IMEI/MEID serial number of the device
a former TracFone customer who provides the IMEI/MEID serial number of the device
The TracFone device was first introduced for sale on or after January 1, 2014.
The TracFone device has been in service for at least 12 months with paid, verifiable airtime.
The TracFone device has not been reported lost or stolen.
The TracFone device is deemed by TracFone to be capable of being unlocked.
Important Information about Device Unlocking
Whether an unlocked TracFone device can be used on another carrier’s network is subject to that carrier’s policies and network compatibilities. Even if a different carrier will activate a TracFone device on its network, there are no guarantees that a TracFone device will perform on another carrier’s network or that any or all device features or functionalities will be fully or partially operational. It is solely your responsibility to determine the device’s compatibility on another carrier’s network prior to unlocking the device. On certain devices, not all functionality may be unlocked. By submitting a request to unlock a device, you waive any remaining warranty on the device and you assume full responsibility for the device’s functionality and performance on any network. By submitting a request to unlock a device, you release TracFone and the device manufacturer from any and all liability associated with the device, the unlocking of the device and the device’s performance and you acknowledge that you have no claim or remedy against TracFone or the device manufacturer, for any reason.

TracFone reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud TracFone or its customers, or is intended to further any unlawful or illegal activity, or poses a threat to public safety or national security. TracFone further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice. TracFone’s most current unlocking policy will be posted on its website.

Reactions: raider09

meya_20

Jul 14, 2014
I have a Tracfone and it is on Straight Talk and I would like to obtain ROOT ACCESS for it PLEASE!!! If it is similar with a different model phone and I can use those files please let me know.

hi! i have the same phone .. i got the towelroot and my phone is rooted now ... how to unlock it tho :/

Creeper36

S975L and Towelroot

SM-S975L Galaxy S4 Straight Talk Official Phone Variant running Android 4.3 working with Towelroot.
Build: JSS15J.S975LUDUANB1

Has NOT tripped bootloader Knox Warranty Bit.. 0x0
Cannot get a pic.. its tiny ass writing on that screen.

On Settings > About Device > Status > Device Status.. it is saying 'Custom'
but once you factory reset and remove towelroot and supersu it does return to 'Official'

I am okay with this because this will never update to 4.4.2..
Straight Talk with never update this phone.. but I guess if I did factory reset then I could update.
Staying with Factory Recovery.

Working smooth with no fast battery drain and 4G speed.

Get Towelroot here

Last edited:

lordkirisu

Mar 30, 2015
I also have a straight talk s4 and towel root says it doesn't support this phone I tried the Chinese root and it installed superuser but it wont work either because of knox help pleass

Sep 29, 2015
Bulls Gap
SM-S975L Galaxy S4 Straight Talk Official Phone Variant running Android 4.3 working with Towelroot.
Build: JSS15J.S975LUDUANB1

Has NOT tripped bootloader Knox Warranty Bit.. 0x0
Cannot get a pic.. its tiny ass writing on that screen.

On Settings > About Device > Status > Device Status.. it is saying 'Custom'
but once you factory reset and remove towelroot and supersu it does return to 'Official'

I am okay with this because this will never update to 4.4.2..
Straight Talk with never update this phone.. but I guess if I did factory reset then I could update.
Staying with Factory Recovery.

Working smooth with no fast battery drain and 4G speed.

Get Towelroot here

towel root does trip knox warranty "perso sha256_enabled_flag[1]" disables golden files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use TowelRoot.
    Is there also a method to unlock this particular tracfone to work on the T-Mobile network?

TracFone Wireless, Inc. Unlocking Policy
    If you bought a new wireless phone from TracFone Wireless, Inc. (“TracFone”), including any new TracFone, NET10, Straight Talk or Telcel America branded wireless phone (“device”), it may have been programmed with a lock that prevents it from operating with other compatible wireless services. TracFone will facilitate unlocking your device upon request provided that you have met the requirements set forth below:
    General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking TracFone Mobile Devices
    TracFone will facilitate the unlocking of a TracFone device under the following circumstances:

The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
    a current TracFone customer who provides the IMEI/MEID serial number of the device
    a former TracFone customer who provides the IMEI/MEID serial number of the device
    The TracFone device was first introduced for sale on or after January 1, 2014.
    The TracFone device has been in service for at least 12 months with paid, verifiable airtime.
    The TracFone device has not been reported lost or stolen.
    The TracFone device is deemed by TracFone to be capable of being unlocked.
    Important Information about Device Unlocking
    Whether an unlocked TracFone device can be used on another carrier’s network is subject to that carrier’s policies and network compatibilities. Even if a different carrier will activate a TracFone device on its network, there are no guarantees that a TracFone device will perform on another carrier’s network or that any or all device features or functionalities will be fully or partially operational. It is solely your responsibility to determine the device’s compatibility on another carrier’s network prior to unlocking the device. On certain devices, not all functionality may be unlocked. By submitting a request to unlock a device, you waive any remaining warranty on the device and you assume full responsibility for the device’s functionality and performance on any network. By submitting a request to unlock a device, you release TracFone and the device manufacturer from any and all liability associated with the device, the unlocking of the device and the device’s performance and you acknowledge that you have no claim or remedy against TracFone or the device manufacturer, for any reason.

TracFone reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud TracFone or its customers, or is intended to further any unlawful or illegal activity, or poses a threat to public safety or national security. TracFone further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice. TracFone’s most current unlocking policy will be posted on its website.
    Full root and superuser on a custom rom.. works great.. see this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3009757

[GUIDE] SM-S975L and SGH-S970G - 6.0.1 - 5.1.1 - 4.4.2 Custom ROMS and Recovery