Cheap charging cable: $6 for 1; $8 for 2

Search This thread

ssseee

Oct 3, 2010
Amazon has cheap charging cables from 3rd party sellers:

Sorry I can't post a link. Here is the description

KHOMO Super Long 6ft (SIX Feet!) USB Data Charging Cable for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF101 TF201 (High Quality Rubberized Cable, not cheap Plastic)

$6 for 1 and $8 for 2

ebsebs

Jun 28, 2011
I'm impressed!

I ordered on Tuesday and they arrived in today's (Thursday) mail.

The cables are almost twice as long as the stock Asus cable and are slightly stiffer.
The one I tested works fine for both data transfer and battery charging.
The TF connector looks identical to one on the ASUS cable and fits snugly.

Pretty good deal for a little over $8.00 delivered. It's a shame that they tripled the price, but it's still an OK deal.

woundedworld

Dec 3, 2011
I too received mine today as well. Pretty good as far as I can tell. I also ordered the 2 dollar case and must say the case looks every bit worth the 2 bucks and not a dime more. Oh well, good charger cables though.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

pmco

Dec 11, 2010
Barstow
Received mine today as well (5 minutes ago)

Cannot get the cable to charge, or detect the device when connected to my 'puter.

Have only tried one, so far....

only out $5 bucks, though.....

pmco

Dec 11, 2010
Barstow
got mine as well, charges good, but my laptop can't see it.. oh well..

Is yours stock, or ROM'd?

I am running ARHD 3.1.0, and mistakenly ran the 3G enabler script to use a 3G modem, not knowing it won't work right now.

Apparently, one of the side effects is it kills the USB connection to the tablet. I re-flashed ARHD 3.1.0 right over top, and it cleared right up.

Hope that helps

Reactions: treo4life

treo4life

Dec 27, 2007
Atlanta, Ga.

I am running ARHD 3.1.0, and mistakenly ran the 3G enabler script to use a 3G modem, not knowing it won't work right now.

Apparently, one of the side effects is it kills the USB connection to the tablet. I re-flashed ARHD 3.1.0 right over top, and it cleared right up.

Hope that helps

My stock cable dos fine, this one dos not. I'm not worried about it, as long as it charges, I'm good.

sdfghi

Nov 16, 2011
So if I just use a USB male to female cord to extend the stock cable, wont that work ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    got mine as well, charges good, but my laptop can't see it.. oh well..

Hope that helps