ALL LTE discussions here please

Search This thread

electech13

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Oakville, Milton
I've posted here before and have surprisingly boasted about the Rogers LTE service up here in Toronto... I had a 69 Mbps peak DL a few months back...I regularly averaged 35-45 Mbps with daily highs in the 50's and had that near 70 peak...
well as much as I expected the service to congest and degrade as more people have come on, etc... its actually held up and even improved a bit!.. and theyve even been expanding the coverage...still not fully in my city yet (Milton) ..stops literally two blocks from my house...

But nonetheless I've been getting a lot of mid 60 peaks late and tonight I broke 70 several times with a near 72 Mbps high!

Check it out: (the second pic is multiple high from this week and as far back as august...so not a one night wonder)

ype2uqyg.jpg

7azy2aru.jpg

71.71 Mbps! Not bad eh....:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I've posted here before and have surprisingly boasted about the Rogers LTE service up here in Toronto... I had a 69 Mbps peak DL a few months back...I regularly averaged 35-45 Mbps with daily highs in the 50's and had that near 70 peak...
well as much as I expected the service to congest and degrade as more people have come on, etc... its actually held up and even improved a bit!.. and theyve even been expanding the coverage...still not fully in my city yet (Milton) ..stops literally two blocks from my house...

But nonetheless I've been getting a lot of mid 60 peaks late and tonight I broke 70 several times with a near 72 Mbps high!

Check it out: (the second pic is multiple high from this week and as far back as august...so not a one night wonder)

Those are sick speeds! I don't get anything close to that on Rogers in North York. Average about 25-30 mps.

On another note, with all that testing you better have an unlimited data plan, as high speed tests = massive data use.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app

electech13

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Oakville, Milton
20MB a test as I learned the hard way.

Yep ur right its 20 megaBytes per test... Always been aware. Ill do five tests here and there so no biggie. I have the 6GB per month plan. No prob...

Oh BTW..north York guy 25-30 avg is still very good but yeah the towers further in west end GTA seem to give higher peaks...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Do you burst that by a lot? or any trick to save up data beside disabling the data when it's not in use.

I usually get by just fine. But when I'm home from school with my friends and we go out (like right now), I always come within kilobytes of going over. I can't convince my dad to up me to 3gb even if I pay for it every month.

Right now I've used 190.42 of my limit and have everything blocked from using data except for MMS by using AFWall+. It's honestly a huge pain in the ass.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
20MB a test as I learned the hard way.

That guy was doing continuous tests at high 60's+, I would guess that chews more data than 20MB/test.

Oh BTW..north York guy 25-30 avg is still very good but yeah the towers further in west end GTA seem to give higher peaks...
Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that, I wonder if it is due to less traffic?

I can't convince my dad to up me to 3gb even if I pay for it every month.
Right now I've used 190.42 of my limit and have everything blocked from using data except for MMS by using AFWall+. It's honestly a huge pain in the ass.
Sent from my Galaxy S3

Suggestion: Tell your Dad it is impacting your studies due to not having enough capacity to download attachments on the go. Also offer to prepay 3+ months at a time, may given him comfort of not being stuck paying for it. Lol, taking notes here...when my little guy reaches phone age, 3+ gigs/month minimum!!

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Suggestion: Tell your Dad it is impacting your studies due to not having enough capacity to download attachments on the go. Also offer to prepay 3+ months at a time, may given him comfort of not being stuck paying for it. Lol, taking notes here...when my little guy reaches phone age, 3+ gigs/month minimum!!

It'd be easy enough to set up online bill pay to send money to his account every month. I'm telling you, waiting til Jan. 6th at midnight feels like waiting for 2014. My phone does nothing!

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
I usually get by just fine. But when I'm home from school with my friends and we go out (like right now), I always come within kilobytes of going over. I can't convince my dad to up me to 3gb even if I pay for it every month.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Wow, I feel you, with the500 I have to check every week to see how much I'm at. My data is disabled when I'm outside sometimes, ugh.

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Wow, I feel you, with the 500 I have to check every week to see how much I'm at. My data is disabled when I'm outside sometimes, ugh.

When I was on my Captivate, I was able to use 3G Watchdog Pro to turn off my data at 95% usage, but now when it does it on my S3, it mucks with MMS so I can't receive pictures even though I've told it to ignore usage by the messaging app. it lobs it together with "OS Services + others" and I can't isolate it by itself.

It's also not super accurate at counting data usage and is off frequently by 2-3 MB.

banquish

Nov 24, 2012

ype2uqyg.jpg

7azy2aru.jpg

That's so sick!

AlwaysNoob

Jan 25, 2012
Minneapolis
Missing calls when on LTE

Anyone else see their phone take too long to switch from LTE to 3G when a call comes in? This results in the person calling getting rings and then voicemail, but no missed call on your device. It only happens when the LTE->3G switch takes a bit to get started...but I'm noticing it quite a bit.

I called AT&T and they just "reset" my account, but that had little effect. What gives??

(I'm in the Washington DC metropolitan area)

I am having the same issue since last 2 months (since they installed LTE in my area) . When I am connected to LTE, I miss calls half of the time. At the caller end, it rings 4-5 times and goes to voicemail. I do not get any calls or missed calls even when I am in full coverage and when screen is on and using internet. Data seems to work fine during the time but no calls. So if people dont leave a voicemail, I have no way to know that someone called me.

I have been talking to AT&T customer care since a month and no resolution yet. I am rooted, stock 4.1.1 firmware. A little research shows that its not the phone, everyone with LTE on AT&T has the same issue including iphone 5 and HTC one X.

Just curious, did you resolve the issue? I see that you had trouble back in Sep 12 so just wondering how you got it working.

snisenson

Nov 18, 2012
The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Thank you for this, i have been googling for weeks for someything that was here the whole time :laugh:

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
I am having the same issue since last 2 months (since they installed LTE in my area) . When I am connected to LTE, I miss calls half of the time. At the caller end, it rings 4-5 times and goes to voicemail. I do not get any calls or missed calls even when I am in full coverage and when screen is on and using internet. Data seems to work fine during the time but no calls. So if people dont leave a voicemail, I have no way to know that someone called me.

I have been talking to AT&T customer care since a month and no resolution yet. I am rooted, stock 4.1.1 firmware. A little research shows that its not the phone, everyone with LTE on AT&T has the same issue including iphone 5 and HTC one X.

Just curious, did you resolve the issue? I see that you had trouble back in Sep 12 so just wondering how you got it working.

I have read too that other LTE devices are effected. A few have stated that changing their APN settings to the wap.cingular settings. Since I am not rooted I can not change my apn to test. I thought that it was related to the 4.1 update but the more I read on the ATT forums it looks like a lot of LTE devices are having the same issues.

eglesiaw

Feb 17, 2009
Carlisle, PA
Today in Harrisburg, PA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358557883900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358557883900.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 127

alexcotta

Jan 15, 2010
newport beach
I had that issue soo many time. I even used a prepaid at&t sim with no data and still to no avail I had 98 percent of calls missed. Luckily I use google voice for my voicemail so if I get a missed call it alerts me with a timestamp as well. When it gets really bad I use groove IP to make and recieve calls. Work slightly better but IMO I feel its an internal antenna issue.

I also noticed a glitch with apps no releasing processes properly causing some conflicts. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Forgot to mention. I am on at&t in the LA market LTE for a little over a year now

skez

Jan 11, 2013
Atlanta
I've hit 68 Mbps a few times but I never seem to get that kind of speed when it matters, I wish I lived by a tower :p lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=32

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28

ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

## Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## Wifi Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## LTE Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.lte=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## GPRS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## UMTS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
    Can someone please help me understand why I dont have LTE after flashing SG3 jelly bean AOKP rom
    I am on a rogers device from toronto stalk phone had extremely fast LTE connection

Please help!!
    I have set APN settings identical to a rogers smartphone, selected the LTE/CDMA option in *#*#INFO#*#*

please help!!

thanks!!

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.
    Loving LTE in the 916 area code, Sacramento, Carmichael, Roseville, Lincoln, Citrus Heights. I had it for about a week before AT&T announced its rollout. My sppeds aren't the fastest but its certainly better than H+!

via my ParanoidedAndroided GSIII