[GUIDE] Rooting Galaxy Tab 10.1 - ICS

Search This thread

dimisigno

Mar 12, 2015
hi

work correctly after 2 year? can i use the method in the first page? thank you very much & sorry 4 my english:)

uzumakiboruto

Sep 3, 2015
Thank you your guide is very helpful for newbie like me.

I have few questions:
1. Do you need to do step 1,2,3 first every time I want to install new rom?
2. The SuperSU app that is installed, when it's run, always seem to be not responding

blackbull5rs

Oct 23, 2015
2 years after this guide,it's my turn to say ''THANKS Jiia'' for this detailed guide. I am new in this ''sport'' with an old tab:):):) Thanks again!!!

dietoro

Oct 28, 2011
modena
installing new rom without No sd card slot

4 - Custom ROMs
  1. If you want to install custom ROMs, find a flashable ZIP of your favourite ROM and put it on your SDCARD.

1. but if I do NOT have a sd card slot, how can I flash the new rom?
    Is that normal? No sd card slot????
    Model N° GT-P7500
    Android version 4.0.4
    Baseband version P7500XXLQ8
    Build n° IMM76D.XXLQ8

EDIT: sd card partition is automatic done in internal memory so TWRP see it easily.

Last edited:

TerraD

Aug 8, 2016
10.1_root.zip NOT working - But success, after 2 days...

... of fruitless atempts with "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" I was able to gain root rights on my two P7510 with "Flashable_SuperUser.zip"

I have no idea why it was not possible with "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip".

In fact I have 2 tablets. One running Android 3.1, the other Android 4.0.4. Both were only rootable with the "Flashable_SuperUser.zip". The one with Android 3.1 additonaly does not allow me to manually add any files to the root of the sdcard and most of the time resists against connections by mweans of USB. Not yet sure if I'll be able to upgrade that one...

fatfei

May 5, 2013
Hey man thanks for this guide. I've been flashing my sgs1900 here & there for a few years but just acquired a SG 10.1 tab so obviously I had to root it for flashing some custom roms later on. Anyway I can see things are more or less the same, but still just a little bit different enough to want to have a good guide at hand before I get all smug at myself later on for thinking I'm a rom king ;)

Excellent guide & thank you for all the required files. KUDOS!

Hi, sorry I know I'm late to the party by cyanomod didn't work for me either on the WiFi gt-p7500. It just hanged on the logo at start up for ten minutes. I actually wanted the clean ROM but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you or anyone have a rom that will work for the gt-p7500 that isn't demanding on the system?

J 3 M

Jun 15, 2011
Glasgow
Hi, sorry I know I'm late to the party by cyanomod didn't work for me either on the WiFi gt-p7500. It just hanged on the logo at start up for ten minutes. I actually wanted the clean ROM but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you or anyone have a rom that will work for the gt-p7500 that isn't demanding on the system?

This can be a common thing to happen so try going back in to recovery & doing a full wipe/factory reset cache & Dalvik cache if you can & see if it boots then.

Sorry but I don't have any ROM's now for this device

Reactions: fatfei

RioRita932

Feb 13, 2017
Toronto
Somebody said there "i am late to a party". In contrary my point is "better later than never".
Tkx for the great article ! My psychic barrier for this mythycal "superused root" is broken now.
Did all what written here and all came down smoothly.
Tkx again!

RioRita932

Feb 13, 2017
Toronto
The technolgy described in the article of "Jiia" worked out well. :good:
A couple of after-notes:
- Tablet: "Samsung Galaxy TAB 10.1 4G" Those one which has SIM card port.
- Tablet's model number : GT-7500R.
- Android version: 3.1.
- "Desinfection" of unwilling applications was done by an uninstaller app.
- A few back-ups were done by TWRP during uninstallation. Interestng thing : next backup includes all previous ones. It "eates" memory much, of

course. So before doing last backup all previous ones was deleted by TPWR. Backups are sitting in "/sdcard/" directory. Also it was shown during

back-up operation as a place for back-up :
/data/media/TWRP/BACKUPS/cf...../2017-02-14.......
- If you change somethig on file system with TPWR then rebootinh tablet you will see on blinking otification :
"Media scanner running"
During this period of time tablet is not recognized by Windows after connecting tablet to PC . Windows says "USB device not recognized". Just

wait till the message will disappeare. It might get a while! Just wait! BTW, "Music player" app won't start till it finishes. When it started -

it means 'Media scanner' finished.

Centrumwvw

Feb 19, 2017
flikker screen after entering Install in the TWRP main menu

the screen fikkers, and i can not select anything to find the superuser and installing it

What can i do to fix this?

barlita

Jan 12, 2018
I made everything but i don't understand after the 4 thing.. i have to download the ROM? do i have to install It? I got lost after this and when i made everything the tablet was still in 3,2 android

Balemberg

Apr 6, 2018
Samsung GT-P7510

Hello, my tablet quoted above don´t support external sd flash, there is a way of doing the root without sd card?

MblazqueZ

Apr 12, 2018
Hi, My error is that although I get odin PASS starts with the original rom...
Can you help me,
Galaxy tab 10.1 PT 7500
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody.

I had some hard time rooting my tablet because of the broken links and outdated guides that didn't work if you had updated to stock ICS. After some hours of tinkering I managed to find the correct files for rooting it so here's and up to date guide for rooting the Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the latest ICS OTA update.

For the record my tablet is GT-P7500 with 3G. This guide should also work for GT-P7510 which is WiFi-only. Please leave a reply if it worked for your other model so I can include it here! Please also tell me if there are mistakes in the guide or you have a problem at some point.

If you follow these steps you will void your warranty.​

The package can be downloaded from the signature, or in a single file here:

MIRROR - 1 (Down at the moment)
    MIRROR - 2 (Mediafire)

The package ROOT-GT-P7500.rar includes:
    • A recent version of Odin (v3.07 - 2013)
    • Samsung USB drivers for Windows
    • Odin flashable TWRP recovery
    • TWRP flashable SuperSu

1 - Preparation
    1. Extract the files to a place on your computer.
    2. Make sure Kies isn't running on your PC. Look for its icon in the notification area.
    3. Install "Samsung_USB_Driver_1.5.5.0.exe".
    4. Move the file "Flashable_SuperUser.zip" to the root of your sdcard.
    5. Open "Odin3 v3.07.exe" on your PC.
    6. Press the "PDA" button and select "recovery-TWRP-P4-P7500.tar".
    7. Leave Odin open on the PC.

2 - Download mode
    1. Turn off your tablet.
    2. Connect the USB cable.
    3. Hold POWER + VOLUME DOWN until you see some Android images.
    4. Press VOLUME UP, wait a moment until you get to another screen an press it again.
    5. You should now be in "Download mode".
    6. Open Odin and make sure that the first ID:COM column has a bluish colours and some text like "0:[COM4]". The ID:COM turns blue whever Odin has detected connection between your PC and the tablet. If it's still white/grey something is wrong with the USB connection or the Samsung USB-driver.

3 - The flashing
    1. Now everything should be ready for Odin to flash you a new recovery. Don't change any of the default settings other than what's mentioned here.
    2. Press "Start" in Odin to begin the flash, it should only take a few seconds. If your tabletreboots everything went fine!
    3. If you have problems with Odin detecting your tablet, try rebooting your computer and your tablet, and using a different USB port. It's probably a driver problem.
    4. Now turn off your tablet to enter the new TWRP recovery.
    5. Hold POWER + VOLUME DOWN until you see some Android images.
    6. Press VOLUME DOWN once and then VOLUME UP once to enter recovery.
    7. Use TWRP to backup your current ROM in case something goes wrong or you want to return to stock ROM some time. Google "TWRP guide" if you don't know how to use it.
    8. Once the backup is done, press "Install" in the TWRP main menu.
    9. Locate the "Flashable_SuperUser.zip" and flash it.
    10. If it flashed without errors, reboot your tablet and see if you now have SuperSu within your apps.
    11. You should now have root access!

4 - Custom ROMs
    1. If you want to install custom ROMs, find a flashable ZIP of your favourite ROM and put it on your SDCARD.
    2. You might want to use a program like TitaniumBackup to back up all your apps so you can restore them later on your new ROM.
    3. Follow the above steps from step 4 to enter recovery.
    4. Backup your ROM again.
    5. Press "Wipe" and then wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system and do the factory-reset.
    6. Press "Install" and locate your ROM's ZIP-file.
    7. Flash it and reboot!

That's about it. For long-time reliability I've included the file package in the signature in a split rar file (XDA doesn't allow big files). Download them all and then extract only one of them like any other rar file. If none of the mirrors aren't working and you have a problem downloading it from the sig, feel free to send me a PM.

If this helped you, please press thanks! :angel:
    Following this guide, I finally root my GT after so long. Thx, OP!
    Thanks! But doesn't unlock root work?

Sent from my GT-I9000 with cm10.1

I have never user UnlockRoot. This is the manual way of doing it. If UnlockRoot works then it's probably easier for beginners to use that method :)
    What is this unlockroot you speak of

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app
    Hey man thanks for this guide. I've been flashing my sgs1900 here & there for a few years but just acquired a SG 10.1 tab so obviously I had to root it for flashing some custom roms later on. Anyway I can see things are more or less the same, but still just a little bit different enough to want to have a good guide at hand before I get all smug at myself later on for thinking I'm a rom king ;)

Excellent guide & thank you for all the required files. KUDOS!