[Req] Stock 4.4.2 port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Caproid

Apr 5, 2013
Bucuresti
Hello S2 lovers. Today I managed to get my hands on the note 2 4.4.2 and I began the biggest project : Porting 4.4.2 Touchwizz ROM. So I have a unfinished varyant of it... My problem is that I don't have Ubuntu and I can't decompile kernal and recompile it... So here is my request : I need someone who knows how to edit a kernal and who has Ubuntu to help me with the ROM... Also , if we manage to make a bootable version I need a name for the ROM . And I want you to think at a name.

Thanks in advance :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
The kernel is the easy part, I can take care of that for you.
The question is how you will make it boot as framework, libs etc need probably a lot of changes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Caproid

Apr 5, 2013
Bucuresti
That's a little thing... Our goal is to make a bootable version... Glitches will be solved after

pacman7

Dec 12, 2013
Great

The kernel is the easy part, I can take care of that for you.
The question is how you will make it boot as framework, libs etc need probably a lot of changes

Is the kernel the more easy part? It would be excellent, if you could make it as soon as possible. :good:

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
Share the kernel from your 4.4.2 rom and i will look into it.
But here is a good tip: use a CM11 kernel from s2 and change the framework, libs etc. Trust me to make it boot you dont need to focus that much on kernel but more on the files in the rom. So start by porting, i am sure you will get bootloop in first attemt so adb a logcat and take it from there. I sure hope you can adb.

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Hello S2 lovers. Today I managed to get my hands on the note 2 4.4.2 and I began the biggest project : Porting 4.4.2 Touchwizz ROM. So I have a unfinished varyant of it... My problem is that I don't have Ubuntu and I can't decompile kernal and recompile it... So here is my request : I need someone who knows how to edit a kernal and who has Ubuntu to help me with the ROM... Also , if we manage to make a bootable version I need a name for the ROM . And I want you to think at a name.

Hi Mr. Lazy,

Here is a suggestion for posting new threads in future. Use the search function to make sure threads of the same topic don't already exist. In this case, we already have this one.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Mr. Lazy,

Here is a suggestion for posting new threads in future. Use the search function to make sure threads of the same topic don't already exist. In this case, we already have this one.

Thread closed.